all about languages and linguistic. An exchange space for learning

12 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +4

1. ElFuegoHechoDeAguaCongelante,

hi.

I desided to create that discussion, just cause i think we need a specially designed space to promove the Exchange and learning of dyferent languages.
Cause the linguistic universe's the best, and could be a beautiful experience for Exchange and learning.

Then if you're learning a language, if you just wanna begin to learn and you don't know how to start... don't worry, that's why exist this space!

so, i just hope you like that space, and it could be a Good idea to promove languages learning on this platform.

Score: +1

2. imprisonedindarkness,

So what are we going to do in this thread? Exchange translation of our native languages to another? Or others?

Then, to kick-start the discussion, I want to ask everyone what languages could have affected the growth of your native languages? For example, I'm a filipino, and my native language is Bisaya used commonly around General Santos City, south of the Philippines. My native dialect is influenced by Spanish, E.G., how we tell time like Ala Una for 1:00 PM, using the English numbers for buying products like one hundred pesos instead of the native numerals, and using the English alphabet A-Z with added letters like "ng" and "ñ". So what's yours?

Score: +0

Last edited by imprisonedindarkness, Dec 14 2022 10:42:52

3. ElFuegoHechoDeAguaCongelante,

my native language is spanish, and it's so curious cause spanish has many, many arabik influences in vocavulary.

Words like azúcar (meaning sugar) aceite (meaning oil) and many others.

And yeah, the reason of that space is just to talk about curiosities in our native languages, translation problems and that stuff.

4. imprisonedindarkness,

Look at that. In my native dialect, sugar is "asukar". I never thought it was also influenced by the Spanish language.

By the way, how did those influence come to be in your country? Since you said that Arabic languages have greatly affected the growth of the Spanish language?

In my case, I think the influence had happened during the colonization efforts during the 16th century after the expedition from the west reached my country. Maybe, because of the trading too between Mexico and the Philippines during that time that the word azocar adopted into my native dialect before it turned into asukar? Sugar was one of the main products that were brought to Mexico during that time after all.

5. ElFuegoHechoDeAguaCongelante,

could be like that.

It's so curious, cause i meet a teacher allso from philipines, and she told me that is not only in some dialects, but allso in tagalo spanish has a lot of linguistic influences.

And i sayd that about arabik influences in spanish, cause muslims had the control of iberian peninsula for 800 years. Then it influenced so much our language and vocavulary. So talking about your dialect, it could be definetly a mexican influence.
Remember that mexico and philipines were part of the same administrative división, which was the viceroyalty of new spain. Then of course, i think would be a lot of merchands, ships and many merchanding relationships betweem your country and mexico, cause mexico city was the capital of new spain and that stuff.

So i remember allso, that my english teacher from philipines allso told me abour many words in tagalo, like tenedor (meaning fork) for example which belong to spanish.

6. sultanalmalky,

ooooh, i just saw that, if you are still interested, lets chat in any other app, like TeamTalk, discord or anything else, i'm so interested in languages

7. Arenita ,

Of course! i like idea!

8. OrsoNero ,

Hi everyone, I love learning new languages. I would like to discover all letters of all languages in Braille. I would like to ask you how Chinese, Japanese, Korean and oriental languages is written in uncontracted Braille with six dots? Thanks, Pierpaolo Tieri.

9. imprisonedindarkness,

In the Philippines, we have 28 letters--the A-Z, the NG, and the ñ. The A-Z dots are similar to the English braille, the NG, when you're in elementary, is just the English braille for N and G side by side. However, when you're in the higher levels, it becomes dots 1-2-6. The ñ is dot 4, followed by the English braille for N. How about yours? What's yours?

10. Negaar,

the Arabic alphabets are almost same as braille English, with a little difference for additional letters like 4 different z's, 3 s's or 2 kinds of t's. The letters for z are zaa is 1 2 3 4 5 6, or zad which is 1 2 4 6. And Zaal, that is 2 3 4 6. For t the Ta is 2 3 4 5 6. Saad is 1 2 3 4 6, seh, is 1 4 5 6.

11. lucy_light,

For us here in Romania, things are a bit different.
Our Braille looks more like the French one and the majority of the uncontracted English braille, except for the fact that, instead of French accents, we have ș, pronounced like sh, which is dots 1 5 6, ț, dots 2 4 6, ă, which is 1 6 and sounds like the undefined article in English and two other special characters, î and â, i and a circumflex, which both receive the same sound when spoken, but have different spelling rules.
Regards!

12. imprisonedindarkness,

Huh, this is interesting. How about your one-cell whole-word contraction? In the Philippines, we have the following:

B = Bakit / Why
C = = Karaniwan / normal
D == Dahil / Because
E = Ewan / Never Mind
F = Paano / How
G = Ganoon / That's it
H = Hindi / No
I = Ikaw / You
J = Habang / While
K = Kaya / So
L = Lamang / Only
M = Mga / The preword for noun plurality
N = Ngayon / Now
P = Para / For
Q = Kailan / When
R = Rin / Too
S = Sang-ayon / Agree
T = Tayo / We
U = Upang / So That
V = Bagaman / Despite Of
W = Wala / None
Y = Yaman / Rich
Z = Sa / A preposition with various uses such as on, in, at, etc.

12 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post