16 (19%)

61 (71%)

5 (6%)

1 (1%)

1 (1%)

2 (2%)

86 votes
Only a single answer can be selected.
Answers are anonymous: no one can see who answered what.
This poll is closed, you can't answer to it.

1. Aminiel,

Hello all,

A new feature is coming on the forum, polls.

A poll, what is it?
This is simply a question you ask to the community, and to which anyone can vote.
Depending on the settings of the poll, you may be allowed or not to choose several answers at the same time, and you may see or not who chose which answer.
You can change your mind at any time, as long as the poll isn't closed.

Results are only displayed if you have already voted, if the poll is closed, or if you are its author.

AS an example, you are asked a very simple (but not less serious) questioon on this topic.
For this poll, you can only choose a single answer, and your answers are anonymous, nobody can see your answers. It's only possible to see how many and the percentage of people who chose which answer.

Those who organize tournaments can use this new feature to better manage registrations.
You just have to create a poll with multiple and nominative answers, set for example a question / title like "Participation to tournament of that game on that date", and answers of the kind "I register", "I register as a replacement", etc.
You can also use a poll to find a date ammong several possibilities, which will best fit for a maximum of people, like doodle.

Only users who have got a minimum reputation and are registered to the playroom for long enough can create polls.
Additionally, you can't have more than 3 open polls at a time.

With the hope that you will find this new feature pleasant and useful !

Score: +2

Last edited by Aminiel, Dec 28 2022 21:21:16

2. ziniur,

Nice, works fine! Just after voting, needed to wait something like 2mins for a result to be displayed.

Score: +3

3. Nikola,

Hello,
a very nice feature, thanks for your work!

From my side, a couple observations, the first one is probably a bug:

1. You said that you can see the results only if a poll is closed, you are its author or you voted on it. However, it appears that there is a small Windows client bug allowing me to see the votes even without voting first.
  2. If I check one option, now I can see all the results. However, if I don't want to vote, now I just don't press the option at the bottom of the list to submit my vote, and this works. I didn't really vote and just saw the results. Probably the vote should be saved anyway as soon as you check an option, as long as this is also possible when multiple answers can be selected in a poll.
  3. I don't know if this can be fixed, but this is probably why Ziniur thought that you need to wait 2 minutes before you can see the results. On the Windows client, if I submit my vote, and then press enter on the poll again to see the results, the results are not updated to reflect my vote. I have to exit out of the topic and come back for this to work, by the way this is the same for topic/post scores, they also don't update until you reopen the topic.
  4. I think you should completely disallow voting on a poll and then resetting your vote to 0. On the website if a poll allows multiple answers, this is possible because you can vote, and once you want to reset, just uncheck every checkbox and click send. It is not possible on this poll though since this one is single answer only and they are radio buttons, but on the Windos client using the same example it is possible with both kinds of polls, since they are always checkboxes there. This can allow to quickly see the results and then undo your vote.
  5. Similarly, if a poll has been edited by its author, you should either reset all votes after the edit, or simply mention somewhere that the poll was edited and display the date of the edit. Right now, if you wanted, you could change the second answer in your poll from "between 18 and 30", to "100 and above", and it would show that 5 people voted this option even though it is now completely different than what it was when I originally voted on it. However, since this is a topic edit and not a post edit, the forum won't even show us that it was edited.

Thanks once again for the feature, and as always, a very intuitive and simple design!

4. JMouse,

Vary much like this feature

Score: +1

5. Emerald,

When you return t the poll, it is back to how it it was as if you diddn’t vote in the first place. At least my end

6. Nikola,

Hello,
if you are using the Windows/web client to access the poll, you must go back out of the topic and enter it again, then the results should update.

Another bug report from my side, a strange one, for some reason in a topic which contains a poll, again from the Windows/web clients, you can't use the applications key on the last message of a topic to view its score or vote on it.
It works on all other messages, but not the newest one in this topic, for example. You get only the option to view the whole message.

Thanks.

7. Aminiel,

Hello,

This last bug should be fixed now.

8. Nikola,

If you are talking about the one with voting on the last message of a poll topic from the client, I'm afraid not, and in fact it seems to be even more broken now :)

First of all I see no change to that bug, on the latest message of a poll I still have only view the whole message in the context menu.
However, now the client doesn't update message score properly when I vote on a message. I don't actually fully understand this one myself, but something strange is going on.
If I vote plus1 on a message, and then exit out of the topic and come back to it, the context menu on that message no longer gives me the option to reset my vote, just to give it plus1 or minus1 as if I didn't vote at all.
The current score also seems to somehow be stuck. I tried on the message by EmeraldPupMato_cheese just above yours, and no matter how I vote, the score in the client always stays at plus1. On the website everything works correctly.

On the other hand, on your first message in this topic, since I already voted plus 1 in the past, now if I reset my vote from the context menu, and again enter the topic, I still have the options to vote minus 1 or reset my vote. It is as if the client somehow doesn't detect the last change that you have just made.

Note that this happens only in the poll topics, I just tried in a normal topic and everything regarding voting on a message worked completely fine just like before. Also, even in poll topics, it works completely fine for the topic score, this seems to be broken only for individual messages.

9. Isaac5457,

Hello,
What are the minimum requirements a user must meet in order to be allowed to post polls?
Thanks

10. Moriarty,

Umm, @Aminiel, is it okay I can see the results of a running poll on the web forum when I'm not logged in? :)
But yeah, great work!

11. Aminiel,

Hello,

Ah no, that looks like a bug. Thank you for signaling, I'll fix that soon.

Score: +3

12. Aminiel,

The bug mentioned above is now fixed.

13. amirmahdifard,

nice feature, but generally, please fix this bug: when a topic gets updated, you can't have the update if you don't close the topic and reopen it again: as long as I know, this bug is with all forme topics.

Score: +0

13 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post