what was the most stupid, hilarious or nonsensical question you received as a blind or visually impaired person?

90 messages, 3 pages: 1  2 3 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +25

1. lucy_light,

Hey guys! I am just curious, when did people's lack of information or rudeness shock you the most? I've been taking turns with my friends, asking this question and collecting the weirdest answers, so let me begin! Once, I was in my father's car with him and one of his workmates, discussing about my lunch, when she suddenly interupted me and asked, quote on quote, how can you eat fish as a blind? I've been making fun of that ever since. Now it's your turn.

Score: +0

2. gemmi,

oh well, you were asked whether you can eat fish or not. I was asked whether I can eat food or not. if so, can I eat alone? or do I need someone for the help?

Score: +1

3. afrim,

Hi there,
There have definitely been many stupid questions I've been asked before, but this one is quite recent. It happened today as the lady in the office asked me if I had a driver's licence. I just smiled and said no mate, I can't drive any vehicle, at least legally.

4. Naday,

Not sure what to think of this one. They have asked me how do I do to know that I cleaned myself good enough after using the toilet. Do sighted people always look at their used toilet papers or what?

5. imprisonedindarkness,

Hahaha! I experienced this too. In my case, aside from how I eat my meals, someone also asked me how do I take my baths. I'm like, "Really, is it required nowadays to see yourself before you are able to take a bath?" Do sighted people have to constantly look at themselves while they take a bath? Do they need mirror in front of them during showers? Hahaha! Those questions never fails me to crack up.

6. girmit,

In most of the cases I saw asking questions like how do you marry and build your family?

7. Negaar,

why do you open your eyes if there's no difference

8. Mohammedradwan2003,

I was asked how do I move out and about alone with uber and such apps.

9. SheWolf,

I was asked how do i know to target the spoon into my mouth. Hopefully i used good word, smiley. Or how do i know to make pancakes, or how can i know to cook or, how do i know whom am talking to. Sometimes i really think that people think that when someone is blind, he or she is also retarded. lol. Usually am telling them to cover their eyes and try these thinks themselves. They act like oh well and leave. Just take it easy friends. They can't imagine our world and they even don't want to try.

10. unolover,

myne was how do blind people goto the bathroom

11. TheDreamer,

I think we all got the bathroom question. Either how do we clean ourselves as @Naday said, or...no idea, how do we take bath, showers, etc.

12. mohitarya,

mine is about 2 things.
someone once asked me that how do you travel alone in a metro or how do you use phone or computer. , and how do you study maths and other stem subjects.
thanks
m

13. sultanalmalky,

do you hear me?

14. Caoimhe,

Could you hear them?

Last edited by Caoimhe, Feb 21 2023 00:05:34

15. sultanalmalky,

yeah, like bro, i'm blind, just blind, why are you Raising your voice

16. Vojvoda,

It's not the most ridiculous I would say but quite nonsensical: "How do you know what letter you type on the computer"?

17. lucy_light,

Guys, I am happy to see that this topic caught on with you and we are now free to share our experiences. I can say that I've had all these questions before and you're not alone. Keep going! Araise consciousness and let's share our laughable, stupid stories! Peace!

18. Quintin-D,

To be honest, some of these questions are reasonable when you consider it from their point of view. What would you think if you saw somebody using a touch screen phone without knowing that screen readers exist? How would you process somebody effortlessly finding the keys on a keyboard when you need to look at each key while you're typing? What would you think if you saw a person walking across the street without looking left and right as you were taught to then find the entry point for the transport alone? As I said before, some of these questions are reasonable and I'd wonder all of these things if I were in their shoes. With all that being said, how many fingers am I holding up?

19. mohitarya,

its more than 0 and less then 11

20. TheDreamer,

I absolutely despise the fingers question.
But just wanted to say that there are sighted folks that don't look at the keyboard as they type or it's just my parents? Lol.

21. Caoimhe,

How could I forget about this question about fingers! It's been honting me since I was little. Kids love to ask it.

22. Quintin-D,

Some people use eloquence, others use e-speak. Some sighted people touch type, others don't

23. sky360,

well these are not nonsensical to an extent, but are surely worth a mention. people ask me all the time do you know who am I. like its okay once or twice, but there are people who ask me daily like they just come up to me and hi bro! do you know who I am? I understand that sighted people recognise eachother by face and they are amazed about how we do it by voice, but to ask the same thing daily? meh super annoying. also if any 1 of my friend uses foul language around me, other people who are with him say what are you saying in front of him, I am like come on bruh am I a god or something? or am I a elder who is going to scold you for using foul words. I am a friend and treat me like one.

24. Jatayu,

+1 on the "who am I?" question. Literally happened less than 2 minutes ago heh.

25. gemmi,

+1 on the who am I question. I everytime have this question. even my teachers ask me daily who I am?

26. Aminiel,

Can you go up/down the stairs ?

It's well known: when we are blind, we are also deaf, idiot, and can't walk.

Have fun !

Score: +4

27. mohitarya,

everyone ask me who am i. in my college

28. berk,

lol I remember someone asked me can blind people make child

29. imprisonedindarkness,

I have no idea if you guys experience this another frequently ask question?
I quote, "Can you sign your legal forms or documents? You're legally-disabled, right?" End quote.
Hahaha!

30. codbro,

Not a question, but i have had my cane labelled as a vision stick a few times

90 messages, 3 pages: 1  2 3 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post