Daily riddles

60 messages, 2 pages:  1 2 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +14

1. codbro,

Well, i was just thinking, we have a daily jokes topic, why not have a daily riddles topic? Feel free to post any riddles, they don't even have to be daily riddles, here is one of mine: What has a head and a tail, is brown, and has no legs? The answer will be revealed when someone gets it right, or after a few days. As i said, feel free to post any riddles, just wait a bit until you give the answer out

Score: +0

2. Spongebob,

The answer to the riddle above is "a penny". A penny is a coin that is brown in color, and has a head and a tail side, but it has no legs.

3. codbro,

correct

4. Jatayu,

Tom marvolo.

5. Spongebob,

Tom is you

6. lucy_light,

what has a crown, but is not a royal and has roots, but is not a plant?

7. Abhishek ,

is it tooth?

Score: +1

8. imprisonedindarkness,

I don't know what happened, but when I translated the riddle to English, it became like this. So, ladies and gentlemen, let's just think of it as the google translate's fault. At any case, it made me laugh.

The Riddle:
When I'm cold, I'm hard,
When I'm hot, I can fly.
I like to go down,
But it's a bother to lead me up.
You can't live without me,
In summer, most especially.
Can you guess who I am?

9. lucy_light,

Yes, mine was tooth and this one, hmm, water.

10. imprisonedindarkness,

Lucy_light, you got it right! Hahaha! Here's another one.

The Riddle:
A tongue, indeed they have,
But to speak, they cannot.
You can only use them in pairs,
Not in singles.
So tie them together,
Even if it's tighter,
So that they'll come with you...
Wherever.

11. codbro,

oh i have no idea on that one

12. sky360,

well the above riddle is shoes I think. the tongue is the part below the laces. if I am not rong.

13. Mrityunjay,

Yup. Shoelaces. Here's another for yall: In a marble hall white as milk, lined with skin as soft as silk, within a fountain crystal clear, a golden apple does appear. No doors there are to this stronghold, yet thieves break in to steal its gold. What is it?

14. mohitarya,

your answer is an egg.
now here is another: I am light as a feather, yet the strongest man can't hold me for much more than a minute.
In the right hands, I can be a tool; in the wrong hands, I can be a weapon.
I am precious, sought after by many, but few ever find me.
What am I?

15. imprisonedindarkness,

To sky360, , you're correct. It's a pair of shoes. The tongue part is, I think, that removable layer inside the shoes to protect the underside of your foot.
To mohitarya, , I think the answer is breath? I'm not really sure. The first line is familiar but not the rest of the lines.

Here's another riddle from me!

The Riddle:
At sunset, I'm in the east,
At dawn break, I'm in the west.
Everyone can see me,
But no one cares about my company.
So when you're in the dark,
Or especially at night,
I will hide from you,
But not when there's light.
Who am I?

Last edited by imprisonedindarkness, Feb 27 2023 00:12:58

16. sky360,

I think its our shadow.

17. Jatayu,

Here is one;
I am more than a fish
I am more than a man
DEATH WILL RISE FROM THE TIDE!

Last edited by Jatayu, Feb 27 2023 20:52:41

18. codbro,

is it a Kraken

19. Jatayu,

Nope, haha.

20. imprisonedindarkness,

To sky360, you're correct! It's shadow.

Another riddle from me!

The Riddle:
In the air, I exist.
In the vacuum, I deceased.
With music, I will relay emotions.
With words, I can induce you to action.
To listen is to capture me,
While to hear is to receive me.
Can you somehow guess my identity?

21. chan,

to imprisonedindarkness: I think its sound.

22. Moriarty,

Well, sounds like time for the famous Zebra puzzle. And no cheating!

1. There are five houses.
  2. The Englishman lives in the red house.
  3. The Spaniard owns the dog.
  4. Coffee is drunk in the green house.
  5. The Ukrainian drinks tea.
  6. The green house is immediately to the right of the ivory house.
  7. The Old Gold smoker owns snails.
  8. Kools are smoked in the yellow house.
  9. Milk is drunk in the middle house.
  10. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
  11. The man who smokes Chesterfields lives in the house next to the man with the fox.
  12. Kools are smoked in the house next to the house where the horse is kept.
  13. The Lucky Strike smoker drinks orange juice.
  14. The Japanese smokes Parliaments.
  15. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.

Who drings water, and who owns the zebra?
Note: every mentioned trait is unique just for one person.

Score: +2

23. imprisonedindarkness,

Since we already have the Who Am I riddle and a logic riddle, let's solve an escape riddle next. So, here's one from me.

The Riddle:
You are in a white room. On the left is a lock door with a digital keypad beside it. On the right is a ten-KG bomb with its timer ticking down. On the north wall is an arrow pointing at the bomb with the word, hEEL, under it. On the south is a table where a list is placed. The following chemicals are written on it: 1 Tungsten, 1 Aluminum, and 1 Lithium, where the letter 'i' in Lithium is crossed out, in exact order. To get out of the room, you have to enter a four-digit number on the keypad, and you can only do it once, or else the bomb explodes. What is the number?

To chan: You're right! It's sound!
To moriarty: The man who drinks water is the Norwegian, while the owner of the zebra is the Japanese.

Here's the arrangement of the characteristics from the position of the house, its color, the nationality, favorite drink, favorite brand of cigarette, and their pet.
First house: yellow; Norwegian; water; kools; fox.
Second house: blue; Ukrainian; tea; Chesterfields; horse.
Middle house: red; Englishman; milk; old gold; snails.
Fourth house: ivory; Spaniard; orange juice; lucky strike; dog.
Fifth house: green; Japanese; coffee; parliaments; zebra.

This riddle is kinda hard. I have to write everything down to paper just to figure it out. And the darn 'next' word! That often pushed me astray. Who would have thought that next meant in the immediate left, right, up, or down of something? I'm not a native speaker after all. Without my siblings telling me so, I think I can't get it. But a nice riddle over all. hahaha!

Last edited by imprisonedindarkness, Mar 7 2023 06:07:46

24. Snake_Eyes,

Why is six afraid of seven?

because

Seven eight nine.
😱

Last edited by Snake_Eyes, Mar 8 2023 11:53:53

25. sky360,

Let's start with the clues on the table. We have three elements: tungsten, aluminum, and lithium. The letter "i" in lithium is crossed out, which suggests that we should remove the letter "i" from the chemical symbol. Doing so gives us "Li" for lithium.
Now let's look at the arrow on the north wall that points to the bomb with the word "hEEL" under it. The capitalized letters "EEL" can be rearranged to form the word "LEE", which is the reverse of "Li", the chemical symbol for lithium. This suggests that we need to reverse the order of the elements listed on the table.
So the correct order of the elements is: 1 Lithium, 1 Aluminum, and 1 Tungsten. We can use the atomic numbers of these elements to generate a four-digit number for the keypad. The atomic numbers of Lithium, Aluminum, and Tungsten are 3, 13, and 74, respectively.
Putting these numbers together in the order listed above gives us the four-digit number 3137.
Therefore, the number to enter on the keypad is 3137, and we need to enter it correctly on the first try to unlock the door and escape the room before the bomb detonates.
well, now the question is. did I solve this? and the answer is no. then who? yeah. you guessed it! chat gpt!

26. Caoimhe,

Um I asked GPT the same thing, but it said that the answer is 7313. I felt like it's cheating, so I didn't want to post it here. Now I'm curious which answer is correct.

27. spaceship,

The answer by sky360 does not look logical to me, but chat gpt does these sort of things when you force it to come up with an answer. Crossing out, reversal, none of them happened as expected, read spelling character by character to verify.

28. imprisonedindarkness,

To sky360: I like the explanation part. It's like chat gpt really thought about it, but I'm sorry. Chat gpt made an error of logic, so it exploded. Its funeral is undergoing. Hahaha! Better luck next time!
To Caoimhe: The same with yours. Chat gpt made an error of logic, so it exploded. Don't worry. It's not considered as cheating if you ask advice to whoever or whatever though. Isn't it okay for you to post the justification for the answer on the thread? This is one of the fun in riddles when you hear how they use the clues to deduce the answer.

Come on, guys and girls! Have a try at it, or another try at that, then explain your logic afterwards. The more, the merrier! I don't mind multiple guesses too. Just don't forget to post the logic behind it. It's fun like that!

29. sky360,

well, I tried to solve this by my self but failed. so out of curiosity I asked gpt, and that was the answer that it gave me. I also realize it doesn't make sense now, I red it letter by letter after you guys pointing it out.

30. Moriarty,

One problem I have with this kind of riddles is that the number of solutions is theoretically infinite.
For example. The arrow is pointing towards the bomb, while we want to get through the door. We reverse the arrow and get LEEh. That implies the beginning of the word lithium, it requires just the letter t, which is the first letter of the word tungsten.
If we add Al to represent all elements on the table, we can rephrase the result as thAlLEE, what's the beginning of another element, thallium.
So, we have four elements - Wolfram, aluminum, lithium and thallium.
The first digits of their proton numbers could be the code. The first letters of their name could be the code, if the alphabet positions were to be used. Their relative sizes could be the code, their atomic weight could be the code, the atomic weight of thallium could be the code, there are no conditions specified, so the options are infinite.
btw, the i in lithium is said to be crossed. I wonder, which i? There are two.
Also, hEEL is written with lowercase first letter. Is it an intention or a typo?

60 messages, 2 pages:  1 2 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account