are there any active admins on here?

44 messages, 2 pages: 1  2 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. gaurasuryavanshi,

hello all. I decide to create this topic because in the last few days, here on the playroom there were some spammers. first, here we have a user, called lesbian. second, we have a user, madmax. I think that he is banned. lol. he hasn't been her in the last few days, or at least I didn't saw him. next, I saw a person with 3 accounts. funweb1 funweb2 and funweb3. as maiia said, the multiple accounts are totally forbidden. and this user is using 3 accounts! I sent to maiia a inbox message, but it looks like she hasn't read it. the only active admin that responds on our forum topic is aminiel.... so just I think we need more 2 or 3 people on here to be active................

2. Exink,

we have a user, madmax. I think that he is banned.

If I am not wrong, I can say you that he is already banned. Hopefully he can't enter here by a long period of time, or at least I wish he doesn't know how to bypass the banning. Regards.

Last edited by Exink, Jul 27 2015 04:40:49

3. afrim,

Madmax says: hello, do you know any girl who would hack my computer using the new release of NVDA remote control?
LOL we used to have fun with that. And I've seen many people reporting this message.

4. Exink,

Did you see it recently in those days?

5. wolfi,

agree with you shadia

6. Riad,

Well some of my friends have reported him to the Spanish mods and they have banned him. And that's why you don't see him online.

7. wolfi,

but we don't have active admins in the english sirver but the spanish sirver there is always active admins

8. NovaLenada ,

He just wanted to be happy. lol :p but returning to the main topic, it seems like we have not admins now. Or atleast mayya disappeared? I didn't see her for a long time... Some months ago she said to be admin is like to be in the hell, maybe that's the reason why she's not here... Maybe she stoped to be an admin? Maybe she can be invisible? who knows... Just I know, and we know, that we need an admin as soon as possible.

9. aravis,

i keep constantly hearing that there are new moderators for the english part. haven't seen them yet.

10. LaraStardust,

Alrighty! lets answer some questions here,
firstly yes, madmax is gone.
Secondly apart from having a username that is parcually offensive to some people I don't think the admins have suphicient evidence to ban lesbian as she isn't causing a neusence of herself.
Third Mayya.
Mayya can log in invisibly I believe and more often than not, will.
Perhaps for instants it is due to the constant abuse she receives?
I'm not gonna play the name game, but if you are gonna call an admin names, swear at them, even go so far as to send crashcodes via f4, then I'm sorry but if mayya doesnt want to come here? I totally agree.
So, before I put the rant trousers on and totally make this a full 50 page rant, let me just say that if people start respecting mayya in free tables, cutting her a little slack, then maybe she'd be happier to come on here, to chat with players and to get to know you a bit more.
The fact of the matter is, while we shouldnt, people do judge by first impressions and the fact is, no arguments had, you guys were flat out rude to her. I'm not naming names, not saying that you, the person specifically reading this is to blame, hell maybe I am a bit too, but this is the reason.
#

Finally to answer the last point, while mayya is here, we also have aminiel on the forums and, further more, my sources, [tomato and brown] tell me that mayya and aminiel are in discussion of someone they may elect, so give them some time with that.
removes rant trousers and stores them in the closet
right, have a nice day y'all, sorry if there are any spelling errors but I just dragged myself out of bed so. :D

11. Popoluska ,

Agreeing with dardar.

12. Riad,

@dardar well man, I guess I'm the only one who has understood the hidden part of your post :D

13. YNWA,

Being a Mod here will mean people will criticise you and blame you that is part of the job. When I put on plays for another website do you think if I put on a bad one they are going to say it is amazing and the best play they have ever heard or say it is a load of ****
but they still turn up next time for the next play after saying all that lol and that is what counts. I do have some sympathy for Mayya as she was appointed as the only helper when we needed at least 2 to start with and build up the team from there. If there is just 1 new helper as you indicated then that will not improve matters as more need to be appointed.

Aminiel said when people applied for Mayya's position they needed to be regularly connected but he should have stated in The English part. I think that person should have been familiar with a number of the
users too as it would have been more helpful with understanding the way things work here.
Hopefully the new helper has those links.

I agree people using offensive language to abuse her is wrong and the same goes if people try to crash her screenreader. That is out of order and must stop. I don't think Mayya helped herself when she wrote in the foram saying that people were children here even if she had a point as it would add more fule to the fire. That point was made in more than one of her posts.

Even if you are invisible it is still possible to:

check the foram

approve new username changes

check free tables

Those are just a few examples.

Last edited by YNWA, Jul 27 2015 14:35:36

14. LaraStardust,

lol riad my sauce joke? :D :D :D wondered if anyone would pick up on that

And YNWA I get what your saying and all, but think about it, if you were appointed a helper of a playroom, and you came in and people started swearing at you, abusing you, saying you weren't doing your job, and spreading rumours about you on the pr, would you come on here?
I know i wouldnt, i'd say fine, if you wanna be like that, then lets see how long it lasts with no admins, but she hasnt, she still comes on as much as she can. Know what I mean?
And don't forget, just because she's not connected to the playroom doesnt mean she's not doing pr related stuff, such as talking to aminiel, or reading over history reports.
Just think, if you save a history report after one session on the pr how long is that? pages and pages!
Now think trying to go threw that looking for something, you have no idea what your looking for, but someone sent you this history report and therefore something is wrong.
That is what mayya has to deal with on a dayly bases.

15. YNWA,

I am aware of the synopsis of the job and what it takes and I was prepared to do it as I was more than qualified to do that job. It was the same for the quiz but we all move on. I will have other adventures sooner or later so I am sure it will be the PR that will lose out.

16. LaraStardust,

well who knows, you might be that person they're considering

17. Exink,

As far as I know, the helpers and even Mayya can't log in as invisible ones, and I only have noticed it with Aminiel and Ledare, although maybe Zorvax can do the same.

About Mayya...

I acknowledge that she started to do a great job at the veginning of her first dais administrating the playroom, since she was connected constantly and even I could chat with her in a free table, like she was a regular user. She answered to some requests via F4, but after of it I don't know exactly what happened. As I am not regularly in the french part, I don't know what's going on here, but some people told me that she went to the french part and staid there by a bit of time. Maybe the people and her preferences are guilty that she is not answering these posts (for example) but I think that this is a moment where we need some moderators in the english part.

18. LaraStardust,

Hmm, not sure, though i think they can

19. afrim,

they may be on holidays. :)
It can happen, don't laugh at me
We all want to put up our feet and get ready for holidays.

20. LaraStardust,

you know that is actually a good point lol

21. Princess_Ozma,

Hello, I tried applying for a position, and I also tried to let someone know that I offered to correct the rules of all of the games on here, but I have not gotten a reply.
As for how admins and mods should be treated, I was wondering how many here has heard of Laissez-fair, and how this could work out. The problem isn't that people want to do things, but it's the high demand and complaints they receive. For this reason, I was wondering if the admins should be elected or nominated by those who can be trusted, or how we can increase the confidence of both the administrators and the community at large so that criticism will be low.
Also, there's a problem where too many admins can take total ownership of the programme. For example, if I wanted to ban a player, I'd have to decide if I should ban them without letting other admins know, or if they should be aware of it as well. at the same time, I think that having an almost equal amount of staff compared to people would help in some way, because imagine how tiresome it would be if one person had to deal with ten or twenty people at once.
I have to go for now, but I'll check back soon. I hope we'll be able to sort this problem out in a rational manner. Pardon any spelling errors--I'm writing this kind of fast. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm happy to clarify any points. :-)

22. gaurasuryavanshi,

hello all. I am happy to here that madmax is banned. that was crazy. but that' super we have a actttive admins onthe spanish server. and I think, the admins should add the following function: when someone is creating a topics like madmax's ttopics, he should be banned. for example, if some user create a topic about hacking, or about other things that are abusive or rude, rhis person should be automaticly banned. and, I think we should have a rules about the usernames. for example, i the past I've seen a person with the name sex, or such a things. i think people with a ss such a names shouldn't be on here, and I think the system should automaticly d identify names like that.

23. LaraStardust,

that is frankly impossible.

And @princess...thingy, sorry cant spell it, its a good plan, but who can be trusted?
each would vote for themselves or there friends, even if they know that they're friends wont have the best interests of the pr at heart

24. Exink,

Hello Sadia,

I have suggested it before, so if you want you can check what Aminiel has said and unfortunately, what he said is true, sadly. Regards.

25. YNWA,

Voting on who should be the helper is a bad idea and Aminiel has already given his views before as it was suggested and this time I agree with him. We need between 4 and 6 helpers and perhaps later more. That way this place is well covered and guess what there will be less use of the f4 key as complaints will not be left to fester.

We have to my understanding at least 2 mods waiting to be aproved by Aminiel and I am just hoping one of the major factors was not because they speak both French and English witch enabled them to get the job but we will just have to wait and see.

Aminiel has said they have 4 helpers in the French part and they worked on the Quiz. They also have 4 in the Italian part and they are now well set to start the Italian version of the quiz. If the new helpers don't feel comfortable enough with English they will not be able to contribute to the Quiz even if their English is acceptable Enough to pass as a helper. that would mean they would have to delay the quiz even further while they look for more helpers that are able to contribute to Quiz Party and I think that would disappoint many of the users in the English part of the PR.

Filtering out bad language for usernames etc is very difficult. as you know you cannot use say the word sex as a username as that is 3 characters and the minimum is 4 so people will spell words wrongly but it will still have a bad meaning. I as a native English speak know more bad words that many would not even notice here so if we end up with no native English speakers on the English helpers team then they would be relying on native English speakers to point them out to them or they would have to google them witch has issues of it's own.

Last edited by YNWA, Jul 28 2015 00:03:51

26. Princess_Ozma,

Like someone said here, people want their friends to be on the team, and this would gain some advantage to themselves, but not to other people. Still, there should be a balance as to how we know we can fully trust someone, especially when it comes to diversity and inclusion and eliminate any stereotypes about the people or the group they are associated with. I have seen many places that have been poorly moderated or the moderators seemed too intimidating on some people, and while that might sound somewhat biased, I can't blame those who were involved, since I think the big issue was misunderstanding or miscommunication. Also, communities should, in my opinion, be based on facilitation, where the people get to choose the norms and roles among themselves instead of having one leader and everyone follows suit. It would make things a little easier on everyone.
I speak both English and Spanish, and I'd like to help out in any areas if there is a need. As aforementioned, I have rewritten the rules of all of the games on here. Now I'm just waiting for someone to decide whether or not they can be replaced.

27. wolfi,

don't know, but we must have about more than 2 admins for the english sirver, and they all should be active dayly

28. mayya,

Let's put some order on here.

First, I don't come invisibly so no worries.
Second, I get online daily, less often these days because I work even in the summer, and between work and family matters, I cannot get online as often as before.
Third, we are discussing with the administration about future helpers, and it is not an easy stuff. Just for your information, we have got plenty of requests and cannot accept everybody, specially that there are many persons who use a double discourse, whre on the one hand they use crash words, multiple accounts, and on the other hand send a cover letter to become helpers. comon guys, the job is not easy.
Last thing, the moderation stuff is not related only to looking at tables and chatting with players, it is also relted to history reports, to nickname changes... so even though I am not online, it does not mean am not there. and by the way, even if I am on the french platform, I receive the f4 things, so never mind.
Many thanks
Mayya

29. wolfi,

yes, but you guys need some one who speak french and english or other language, and there is not a lot of people who speak french. so,

30. LaraStardust,

dude? mayya speaks french and english, that was the hole point of aminiel employing her?

44 messages, 2 pages: 1  2 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post