I might... Might. Have found a solution

3 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. LaraStardust,

hello guys
I see on here a lot about people having problems with there jaws/eloquence being crashed.
Well I've not had mine crashed for quite a while now and this is my solution, while it probably doesn't work for some crashcodes, it works for some, the instructions below are for NVDA users as I've not used jaws in depth for yonks:

Instructions:
go to your NVDA menu, go to preferences and go to synthesiser.
Switch to your ESpeak synth and press enter.
Go back to your NVDA menu, go to preferences, arrow either up or down [your choice] until you here speech dictionaries.
Right arrow once and then arrow down until you here default dictionary, hit enter on this.
Tab once to add and press enter.
You are now in a window that has several boxes.
In the first box [the one you are placed in which is named pattern] type in hesday.
Then, tab once and type in something else. This can be anything, for example in mine I've just typed crashcode.
Tab again and you will here comment, this is optional.
Tab again for case sensative, leave this unchecked.
Tab again to the next field and make sure the radio button, or radio check mark, is on anywhere. Then tab again to ok.
You should now see in your list something like this:
Pattern: hesday; Replacement: crashcode; case: off; Type: Regular expression
Tab to ok and hit that.
You may want to repeat this with hesway, hescar and hesdee, plus other ones that I have no idea about.
Now, if somebody tries to crash your eloquence by using a crashcode containing hesday, it will read something like:
web crashcode.
or parez crashcode.

I hope this helps in the endless fight against crashers and feel free to post the jaws instructions here too!
Thanks!
dardar

2. The-white-dove,

This instruction has already been posted previously by Nidza09 under the "how to prevent eloquence from crashing" topic.

Just wondering, Do we really need 2 topics with a repeated content?

Regards

Teardrop

Last edited by The-white-dove, Jul 31 2015 14:06:09

3. LaraStardust,

ah, I was unaware, or have otherwise forggotten that other topic. My apologies

3 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post