Some good software to listen and record a radio stations for free

23 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Giovani ,

Hi!
Please, I have one question. Do You know some good software to listen radios and also record It? But, this software must be also for free.
Thank You!
Marco

2. aravis,

you may try tapin radio.

3. Exink,

Yes, it is certainly a good software with many radio stations around the world. You can use it for free.

4. Giovani ,

Yes, ofcourse, I know It. But, there isn't any good software also?

5. Exink,

You can use RadioSure (Sorry if I have spelt it incorrectly) it is also easy to use and includes various stations too. It can record the audio outcoming too.

6. afrim,

Hi, check out pot player, a free software. Download radios from tune in and then play them with pot player. By the way you have the option to record what you are listening to. And most importantly, it's fairly accessible.

7. LaraStardust,

hey guys
Can someone give me instructions on how to create my own internet radio station?
Thanks

8. Exink,

First than all, you need to use a free radio server, or a paid server, as you consider that will be better or accesible for you. Then, decide which is going to be the radio name; use a funny or ingenious one, to atract more audience or simply to have a fanky luck. Put it into the server when you create the account, as well as your e-mail, password and other small data. You'll receive a confirmation e-mail; open it into your brouser and select the confirmation link., and your radio will be created.

Some servers send you back the data you have just write, for using it with a second software which is going to be who's gonna send the data from your computer to the whole Internet. More information coming about it in some lines.

Copy the data to your computer and save it into a shafe place where you know you'll find it quicly, because you could need it for giving it to the staff of your radio, or at this time, for using it with your broadcaster program.

Once your data is saved, log in into the radio and fill more information fields about your radio, such as its name, slogan, its webpage (if the server offers you that capability) and save the information in the page (I believe you don't need make a BackUp of it 'cause you can log in and change it latter). In some servers, you can change the server that you are going to use, including its location, but I don't know if this is possible with all the pages. So, if you decide to change the server, the old data that you have received from the previous e-mail won't be valid, so make a new BackUp of the new one. Some of the data that you're going to receive is: Server IP, port number and password. The only thing that maybe is gonna be modified if you choose a different server is the server ip, then be careful when doing this since your listeners won't be able to listen you anymore if they don't know what's going on!

Maybe you could wonder: Why I must enter a second password if I have entered one the last time that I created my account? That's simple: when you are introducing the extra data of your radio, the password you enter is the one which is going to be used in the program for broadcasting music, and the first is for creating your acount.

So when all the data is ready, it's time for the action!

As I have told you some lines ago, you require a program to broadcast the music and leave it from your 5500 songs library which is stored into your computer. You can use from the simpler one like Virtual DJ, to the more sofisticated; choice is yours. I don't want to list other programs since I don't want to make ads, then you have the homework of searching the best one for your needs and for you.

Once you have the program to start Party Radio, open it and set up to your liking; the mic volume, add some sounds if you want, choose if you want to run it at the starting of Windows, etc. Some of them are self explanatory and their manuals are in english, but that's in sumary what you are able to do with them.

Then, let's go to the favorite part of the radio lovers: seting up their station.

Do you remember the data that you got from the server configuration? Well, it must make ring a bell, right? We are going to use it! In the program for broadcasting music, choose among its options the named add encoder. Click right in it and choose configure. You can adjust the station name and other stuff, but choose in the general tab what is going to be the transmission rate and the audio format. Some servers can transmit in mp3, while in others you can choose m4a as your transmission format. I suggest youto use m4a wih 64kbps, or mp3 at 128kbps. Remember that if the rate is faster, the quality will be higher, but in m4a you probably won't notice any difference from the original source.

Then go to the next tab and enter the ip number, the password and the port which you have from your radio. Press OK and the data will be saved in the program. To broadcast, simply press in connect buton and everything is ready!

To get the URL for your listeners, the formuler is simple: station-ip+port number. You can check it where you created the radio.

Things to consider:

I hope you have understood the most part of I have said, as well as to see you in action playing a whole lot of good music for us here!

Regards,

Saniel-yunier.

9. LaraStardust,

Hello!
That's fantastic!
I'm really looking for a free server, so would you recommend any?
And I'll check out vertual dj, thanks!

10. fire-starter,

that isn't accessible dardar. I've tried it before

11. LaraStardust,

oh. Do you know of and have a download link for a simple piece of software that is? Plus a simple easy server? Thanks

12. Giovani ,

This is maybe another topic, so We can create another.

13. Exink,

I didn't want to make ads of any kind here, and I can guarantee that any of the listed enterprises is paying me for mentioning their programs, but as you have rekested, you can use:

So you can make a small trial of each one of them, and decide what's your favorite. I am using a server named listen2MyRadio which is free and you don't need to acomplis certain audience to keep working to your radio. Another alternative is giss.tv that gives you an icecast server for free, but as disadvantajes you only can have some people listening you (I haven't read it into the page but I saw that issue with a radio) but it is good, if you want a radio with as less latency as possible. I hope it also helps you, and again, noone is giving me any dime for talking about them.

Last edited by Exink, Aug 5 2015 01:23:41

14. Giovani ,

Or maybe Winamp, Foobar2000, or also for streaming everything, also Your voice for streaming provider is good Icecast, then some virtual cable connected to Winamp. I know some of My friends, which they stream in internet radio stations.

15. LaraStardust,

Hello
I've tried listen2myradio for a server and it looks good but as it didnt have a client . . shrug.
Anyway I'll check out this Station Playlist Studio

16. Exink,

What do you mean by a client?

17. LaraStardust,

the thing you stream from.
So like the you say from:
You're listening to dj dar up next is dardarominious by none other than dardar himself, [clicks song]

18. Exink,

Please could be more clear in your question? I you mean the promos for your program, you can create them with some audioeditor.

19. LaraStardust,

no lol.
You have your server, which streams things,
you have your client, where you play the songs from and which sends them to the server.
Yeahm that. Any simple ones?

20. Giovani ,

No! Client is not to play. I would like to concrete It, something, like Shoutcast, Icecast ETC. Yes?

21. Exink,

Icecast, Shoutcast and a server which I think it's named Windows or something like that, are server types, and each one offers you different features for whatever you want to do. For example, some have more or less formats (for example in Windows's server you only can use wma format) and others for example in Shoutccast you are able to transmit in mp3, m4a and depending in your host, even in ogg. And take in account that it's the server which gives your the formats and the bitrate to broadcast.

Last edited by Exink, Aug 6 2015 23:12:29

22. LaraStardust,

yeah... But what do i need to play the music.
Like i mean, you said i must enter an ip and a port in a client, what is that

23. Exink,

The ip and the port numbers are the numbers that you get when creating your radio, and they allow you to connect to the server and so stream your content. I've listed some programs from you can play your music and establish a connection. Studio for example has a Winamp plugin (I forgot to mention it also can use Winamp plugins) named Odcast. This sends the final mix between the input and the output signals, what is what your listeners are going to listen on the radio. Then, you aren't going to type in the data directly in the program but in Odcast. In other programs like RadioBoss, the data is entered directly, without needing other plugins. However, I don't mean it is a disadvantage between these two programs. I hope you have understood me.

23 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post