How to send a permanent message to everyone?

29 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Giovani ,

Hello!
I have a question.
How to send a permanent message to everyone?
Thank You!

2. wolfi,

write your message in a notepad and then celect 1 by 1 and paised the message, :dd other ways I don't think it'll work bro.

regards

3. The-white-dove,

Hello

Apparently we can send messages to only one person at a time.

Regards

Teardrop

Last edited by The-white-dove, Aug 12 2015 22:39:33

4. Exink,

Hello,

Just press ctrl+shift+m in the person to you're going to send the message, press enter to set up the destinatary (the person in this case) Press ok, write the message in the message's corps, and press ok again to send it.

5. Aminiel,

Hello,

You can write to up to 5 people at once. Just put a comma between the names in the recipient field.

Only admins can send a permanent messages to more than 5 people at a time.

6. LaraStardust,

why would you want to, anyway?

7. YNWA,

There are times when you would want people to receive a message such as the creation of a tournament but I would not like too many messages.

8. LaraStardust,

isnt that what the forum is for?

9. Epic_Krrish,

well forum is there but its good to send messages to the in box because that ringing sound will ring the bells in people's mines, believe me I have done tournaments and its so so effective. thank-you.
Regards

Last edited by Epic_Krrish, Aug 13 2015 03:32:49

10. Jeff-Rutkowski,

I suppose you could send them a private message but I don't think it's that easy to review, especially if you have messages coming at you left and right.

11. The-white-dove,

@Aminiel I think would be useful to get it as an informative note when pressing the "Start a new discussion" option in the inbox, because I am sure many still don't know, especially those who never read the forums, that it is possible to send a permanent message to up to 5 recipients at a time.

Regards
Teardrop

Last edited by The-white-dove, Aug 13 2015 07:26:09

12. Exink,

I think this is for avoiding a long amount of messages to be loaded in the server, or maybe it'd be a bit flooding if it is wrongly used; but, I don't know really why it's allowed only up to 5 participants.

13. YNWA,

We know people don't always read the foram for many reasons including navigational ones. You would send out a request to the helpers in your section if you wanted to send one to everybody and then the Staff for that part would agree or not. I can't see why they would not object for tournament notices for example.

You would not want everybody sending messages in bulk and I think 5 is a reasonal limit to set.

14. wolfi,

hey all

brothers and sisters

for my 2 tournaments farkle and chess

the forum only got me 2 people

I had to create a table

I had to choose the people and send messages for them

many people don't know english

and they don't know about the forum thing

maybi in the future we might have that option

to send a message to everyone at the same time

and I know admins you guys are doing the best you can

regards

feelings.

15. YNWA,

I am talking of tournaments that apeal to the majority not the minority. Chess is an excellent game but not a huge number would be interested so that would not be a good example to send a permenant message to everybody. The same would go for French Tarat. I for one would not like to recieve too many messages but something that is Major like the Uno or Cribbage tournament ones then yes.

16. LaraStardust,

to be fair, french tarot is quite popular

17. gaurasuryavanshi,

good question. if we had a function for sending messages to more than 5 people at once, it would be cool if someone is organizing a tournament.

18. Aminiel,

We have limited to 5 people at a time because otherwise everybody would spam the entire playroom. We think that 6 people in a discussion is a fair limit, answering to most demands.

For the special case of tournament announcements, we haven't defined any official procedure to advertise everybody.

Before advertising a tournament, we need to ensure that the organizer is serious, i.e. that the tournament won't be cancelled at last minute, and that the rules, table repartition, etc. are absolutely clear to everyone.

In some sens it is sad, but if a tournament that we have advertised is going into trouble for whatever reason, we, as the playroom team, get most of complains, instead of the organizer, even though we aren't responsible at all. We advertised in the past for a few tournaments and we got all complains, it was unmanageable and people didn't understand that they were complaining to the wrong person because we are in fact not involved in the organization of the event. Additionally, some people are getting jalous because we advertised another tournament but not their own. For these reasons and in order to be fair with everyone, we have decided not to advertise again for any tournament until we have a big change or a smart idea.

Sorry, but wE can't take the responsability of all tournaments, we don't have the time to check if someone is competent or not to make a good tournament, and this is, after all, not our role as admins.

Perhaps if one day there exists a solid helpers team, then it might be possible to set an advertising procedure, with the helpers having those responsabilities. Honnestly, it would be cool, really. But at the moment we aren't there.

Last edited by Aminiel, Aug 13 2015 16:55:49

19. trol ,

Hello, at least there is the forum and sometines free tables concerning these tournament :p

20. gaurasuryavanshi,

yes. the free tables are a way to advertise tournaments.

21. wolfi,

not only tournaments, there might be holy day or a kristmas day or birthday stuff similar to this

22. Giovani ,

I have asked It due to sending of message about tournament, which is very strange, because We have a forum here to do that.

23. laller,

It was so, that you could write in the public chat, but now, it is disabled. You can send to one person a message.

24. fire-starter,

yep, why is that disable? the chat in the mailroom i mean?

25. LaraStardust,

because people were spamming, swearing, offending others, abusing others, crashing other screen readers and flouting the rights given to them by aminiel

26. YNWA,

Agreed Dardar. Also lets say you blocked someone and they can't talk to you by joining your table what would they do to attract that person's attention? Abuse that person when they saw them in the mainroom until they forced that person to unblock them! This has now been moved to free tables. I did ask for those titles to be removed until we had helpers in the English section but sadly that was not granted so many now have to suffer more abuse, plus the added fact that people now use them to block peoples jaws.

27. CathyAnne,

Well, I just figured out how to reply to a message. What is the shortcut key? They say it's control r, but, that isn't working. I may be confused somehow.

28. LaraStardust,

While it doesn't work on the forum, if you have a inbox message to reply to, follow these steps:

1. Go to the inbox by pressing f9 and enter.
  2. Find you're message with the up and down arrow keys, then hit enter.
  3. You should now be in a list of the messages sent from you and your recipiant, to reply, simply press ctrl plus r and it will bring up the fields.

I hope this helps.

29. CathyAnne,

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it. This inbox reminds me of Outlook Express. If it's the tea room, why can't we create topics about whatever you want?

29 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post