Urgent: sighted help needed

43 messages, 2 pages:  12 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +4

31. Aminiel,

Hello,

Let's try something else. I have tried to go back a little backward in lick/touch handling. I'm trying to find at which point I introduced something bad.
How is it now ? Is it better or worse ?

Score: +1

32. Nikola,

Hello,
good news, for my part and according to the usual tests, we are just as good as on the old Web client again, both with and without a screen reader, both on iOS and Android. In theory, sighted users should now be able to use the menus.

Apparently long press is still doubled on Android, but after more testing I have realized that this is exactly the same on the old Web client, so we don't have any new regressions in this regard.
Basically, both with and without Talkback, if we long press an item, even while we are holding the finger on the screen, the long press is already performed. The only problem is that as soon as we lift the finger, another long press is performed.

It makes no difference whether we do this in a grid or a list, I did a simple test with long pressing a Duck racing card and got the description read out as soon as I long pressed, and then it was read once more when I lifted my finger.

I'm not a heavy Android user ever since 2018, I use it mostly for exactly this (testing various applications), so I can't tell if this worked properly at one point and regressed later, or it never worked in the first place. In 2018 we had much less complex games and so I clearly remember long press working at that time, but it was just simple things like junking a card in miles, which even if it performed the long press twice, nothing special would happen and you wouldn't notice easily.

Hopefully some solution can be found for the text size issues as well so the upgrade can be re-released. Unfortunately, I can provide zero feedback about that one, although I'm here for any other possible ideas if more touch handling tests are needed.

33. aayushi,

but in duck racing game I cant get the description of cards on chrome also the chalanges like feather wate and light wate when I select a feather it just reads 11 grams but I cant select with long press. I have also tried to change the shortcut from talkback to swi rite to left but that also does not work though I can long press on any apps or web pages. also in 1000 tisiak game I cant make marages with long press on android. I changed to firefox and Microsoft edge but same issue. next I used prudence screan reader advants version of talkback but nothing happened.

Score: +0

Last edited by aayushi, Mar 21 2024 08:40:36

34. Nikola,

That is strange. Which Android version are you running?
Also, try to keep your finger on the screen a little longer before lifting, as the delay is longer temporarily, as said earlier in the topic.

35. aayushi,

android 13

36. Aminiel,

Hello,

I have received some help, and the problems with text size should now be gone.

I give you til thurstday evening to make your final tests, and to confirm that everything is now fine, or to report still unresolved issues.
If no one shows up with a blocking problem by then, the new website and the new web client will be put online next week-end.

Have a nice sunday.

Score: +3

37. StormProductions,

Yep, as I told you in our private conversation, everything seems fixed for me, working great here. Great job!

38. Aminiel,

Hello,

Thank you for confirmation.

The new version of the website and web client are now online.
This topic will stay a few more days on top, in case someone still has complains.

With the hope that, this time, there is none.
Have fun.

39. aayushi,

I stil cant double tab and long press for sellections in chalanges of duck racingor marages in 1000. can you fix it please. I use android 13 and proodence screan reader. its a beter version of talkback

40. Naday,

Hello,

For some reason I think you might be aware of this one: arcade games are actually visible but not playable:

You have joined the table.

Wait for players to join, then press enter to start the game.

Last edited by Aminiel, yesterday 23:13

41. Aminiel,

Hello,

Arcade games aren't playable on the web client.

So I will check that and rather remove the arcade menu.

Thank you.

42. Nikola,

Just to be clear, the arcade menu does not actually show up in the create/join menus, but right arrow allows you to access it.

This wasn't the case in the past, but it also didn't happen with the release of the new web client. It happened after some server update, but I wasn't convinced if it is a bug that should be reported or it was intentional arcade mode development in progress. good to know it is just an error though.

43. Aminiel,

Hello,

The arcade menu should no longer be reachable with right arrow on the web client.

I stil cant double tab and long press for sellections in chalanges of duck racingor marages in 1000. can you fix it please. I use android 13 and proodence screan reader.

As I don't have android myself, I won't be able to do anything without help. Last time beta users tested on android, it worked.
You should have reported this problem during the beta. If we count from the 24th of February, you had two months to do so.
I'm tired, I won't rollback for the second time.

Can you tell if the problem occurrs only with that specific screen reader, or if it no longer works in general (with talkback) on android ?

Thank you.

Last edited by Aminiel, today 11:41

43 messages, 2 pages:  12 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account