Unique and Inclusive Accessibility Features at Universities Across the World

8 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +3

1. dragonite,

Hello friends, I am a student of Ashoka University in India. I am gathering information on how universities support students, faculty, and staff with disabilities. Share details about accessible facilities, support services, and any unique initiatives your university offers. It is part of my internship research. Please don't mention general things like extra time for writing exams, scribes for writing exams, chess tournaments, or others. you can mention if there any innovative or unique technologies in use. Please mention unique or uncommon features.

Score: +0

2. ibraheemmohsen,

Looks like you posted in the wrong forum, you were supposed to post in the tea room.
And In any case, you are supposed to create a survey and publish a link to it.

Last edited by ibraheemmohsen, Jul 8 2024 03:06:56

3. Nikola,

Hello,
the topic was moved to the tea room.

Good luck with your research!

Score: +1

4. glad,

I was aloud to write exams on pc and was given separate questions for diagrams.

5. supanut2000,

At Indiana University, where I just graduated from, I was offered a van service that took me straight from my dorm to the building where I had my classes (though I only used this service during my first semester there; during my second and final semester I used the on-campus bus). I was also given 100% extra time for doing the exam, and I was given the braille version of the exam questions. I studied law, so no diagram questions were involved. In addition, literally every room in every building has braille labels.

6. Spongebob,

Wow 100% extra time is way too much tbh, but should have been handy. Here in india we get 10mins extra for every 30mins.

7. supanut2000,

I know, but at least that much extra time meant I can just take things slow. In the end though I hardly used up any of my extra time.

Score: +1

8. Kamalakannan,

Hello,

This is Kamalakannan from Tamil Nadu. First and far most thing we must have in the educational institutions is that a exclusive and dedicated cell for the PwD's as we have for SC's and ST's and even for the minorities.

The institutions may consider to subscribe to any well performing OCR softwares such as Abby Find reader or omny page. Additionally, the return durations for the book taken from the phicical library of the institute be extended twise than that other students as Loyola College Chennai do. It will enable students to do the mandatory scanning and doing OCR of the text books for the semesters.
In my view these are the main issues that are needs to be addressed fastly. In fact, my Fellow scholars throughout the country are expecting the same. Besides an accessible campas is needed. But, certainly it will take time. So, consider the basic things as I and other members of the forum has said.
Hope I am clear. Thanks.

8 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post.

Lost password ? Create account