Friday question. Q - 1: How did you get the playroom?

17 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Hello.
Friday question is a quiz for the playroom users and all who have an account with QuentinC's playroom. Every Friday I'll ask you a question, and if the new day of Friday came, don't reply.
Question 1 for the quiz:
How did you get the playroom? Means how did you downloaded it? Who told you about the playroom?
My answer:
I got the playroom from an Arabic website, and my friends were helping me how to play some games.
Waiting for your replies.

2. bogdanmuresan,

Hi. I heard first about the playroom from the audiogames forum, when Aminiel anounced the English lounch of the client. The client had 1000 miles, uno, monopoly, jass, pocker, scopa and free tables.

3. dalimidvecimidvenedali,

Ej, it is quite long time... It was 6. november 2011 when i found this platform... Someone told me, the playroom is better than RSG, so i registered here with my first account. Playroom contained 1000 miles, Uno, scopa, in this time it had name la scopa, dominos, monopoli, jass, bouilabaisse, poker, free tables and in beta were chess and reversi...

4. dementress ,

Hello. I joined playroom in 10/05/2014. Before that, A lot of friends were talking to me about it, but I hadn't played any audiogame, even rs games, This would be my first one, so I never found it interesting. Then, that day, 10th, finally one of my friends made me to download it, and so I did. I liked quite a lot because as I said, was the very first thing i had played. :D But I didn't know english, not at all. The day I joined to the english part of playroom was the 7th of july, of the same year, even if i was just able to understand what card means, diamonds , hearts and the colours :D

5. judah,

I joined Playroom few days ago and I got it in Audiogames.net

Last edited by judah, Jan 8 2016 15:07:35

6. Artemis13 ,

Hello. I will be honest... I don't know how did i find playroom. Just i got an idea how, i should download a game something like that, and then i remembered, how i have seen this platform before, but i didn't join. Then i knew the name of it, i wrote it into google and then found, then downloaded it.

7. Jeff-Rutkowski,

I heard about the playroom from a few people on RS Games. The reason I downloaded it and created my account was because of all the features the program had such as being able to change the program's default sound card and the option to change speech synthesizers on the fly with a simple shortcut.
After I spent a little more time on the playroom, I found that there was almost no lag even when hundreds of people were connected simultaneously.

8. sound2,

Hi, can't remember how I heard of it, I think it was through zonebbs. Then later I found there were free tables, then I started using it more. This was 4 years ago.

9. wolfi,

my friend the heart of lion found it on an arabic website and gave it to us in 2014

10. MuhammadHajjar,

I've heard about it in 2011 or 2012, and then in 2014, after my entrance to the audio games wourld, I've decided to give it a try, so I downloaded it and created an account, but didn't like it that much. After some munths, my friend Riad, who is the card games master as I see him because of his knolage and professionalism of such games, encouraged me to redownload it and play it and learn some games. I told him that I don't like card games so much, But I did, to play with him and challenge him, and so I found it awesome and continued playing it and meeting new awesome friends, and I now know most of the games here thanks to his push. That's it in short.

11. Daredevil,

I just did a google search on the internet and there were forums about the playroom so thought I'd try it out. Back then I was mainly playing RS games but found the playroom easier and more enjoyable.

12. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Hehe forgot to say, I've joined the playroom since 31.12.2014
Waiting for your replies.
Thanks.

13. Exink,

Hello,

I knew the playroom in a funny fact, since it was thanks to a friend of a friend. I remember that he and I was on Skype (or in a phone call, more or less), and he said me that one of our friends is playing a raze game, different than TopSpeed. My friend had created an account and tried the Playroom by telling me that it had many games such as Dominos and that raze game, which latter I find out that was named 1000 miles.

After a couple of days, I remember when it was January 11, 2014; then he sent me the playroom client to install it and to create an acount, and I did it. It could be an answer for another question, but since then, the first game I played was the little exam, although the first thing I did was to join to a free table, where a guy invited me. A bad guy, by the way. OK, that's another history.

I went to a dominos game, the one which I wanted to play from the beginning. I added some bots, although on that time, I didn't know what a bot means in that kind of games.

After that, my friend taught me how to play 1000 miles on the phone explaining me the cards and what they do while I was playing with the main friend, the one who showed us the playroom both. I lost that game!

Another funny fact (you can laugh at it if you wish): I don't remember how it was exactly, but I ended playing a 1000 miles with a person named Flash Gordon. Then I knew that person was really... A bot and not a real himan being.

So, I was getting adicted to it and I was also knowing the keyboard commands and playing with all the people which I could find. I was learning all the games by myself too, such as the black jack and the jass. I loved the first one since then. I played the scopa with real people aplying that rare rules that i couldn't understand, but after the learning was coming like everything comes in the life.

The wonderful people started to come too as well as the bad losers, so I was having many new friends; and in the spanish server since a long time ago, there are some radios and, I was moved when a person of that table greeted me by saying my name. After I discovered that everyone can make a radio an host it in the playroom, just a server and a special program was required.

I will skip all the radio comments since that's out of the question. However, it was thanks to the radio that I could meet more people, as well as the famous free tables.

Then as everybody, I was making some mistakes, learning how to chat with people around the world (when I was entering into the english server) knowing even more persons and by entering into this great family named "blind people".

14. sunrise02 ,

Hello all
I've hea`rd of this platform on rsgames. Some friends from there have told me about it. I am glad to meet new people and enjoy playing games.

15. musiclover,

metoo

16. BhavyaShah ,

Hi,
I guess it was vacation going on after culmination of my school annual summative examinations, the 20th of March, and I was excogitating delving into the world of some accessible gaming, and QuentinC's Playroom was something I had heard about on certain e-groups and mailing lists, most prominently Access India. I began researching about the QuentinC's Playroom, created an account and downloaded and installed the Windows client. I was completely confused about what and how to do stuff in it, so took help from a friend to learn its basics through Skype, pressing F2 to launch the menu, learning to play Farkle (which I knew about because of having played Farkle in Dice World) and making the table private. School reopened and I stopped playing on QuentinC's Playroom for a long while, but then I began self-learning games again, Dominoes, Free Table, and then I went crazy behind Monopoly for a month or two, and then Uno, which I still love. I also learnt 1000 Miles by myself and Connect 4 which I had played in real life a few years ago when I was sighted, and learnt Scoper from a Playroom friend, Kubos from the Czech republic, and of course the fun Shut the Boxes!
So, that's essentially my journey throughout Playroom, and quite fascinated to read all your responses too!
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah

17. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Waiting for your replies, stop replying at the topic if the new day of Friday comes.
Sajad

17 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account