Uno League 2016, please read.

20 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. basket,

hello Everyone,
the uno league for the most part has been fairly successful. However, there is one major area of concern that we must address and cannot afford to ignore.
One of the major concern that we've noticed has been attendance. Most players for the most part have done their job and showed up on time for their match. However, in the last couple of weeks, and with conference three in particular, attendance has been, well shall I say abysmal. Yesterday, only three people out of the 12 I have showed. As a result, we were only able to play one match. This was the same situation the week before. This cannot continue and something needs to be done to address this.
the to discuss this, the uno league team got together and tried to come to a solution which would be the best for everyone. However, we quickly realized we weren't aware of what people want us to do or what they believe we should do. It is to this end that we have agreed to ask you what you believe we should do. There some options we want you to consider before voicing your thoughts. These are as follows:
We can rearrange the conferences which would result in the players from conference three being dispersed in conferences one and two. If this were to occur, would you want the players to be given the same number of points that the player they replaced had?
Would you let the players keep the number of points they had in conference three?
Would you have the players from conference three to play the same matches that the players whom they replaced had to play?
Shall we restart the uno league but with two conferences only and having each player play each other once?
And finally, should we attempt to look for replacements for the missing or the absentees
of conference three?
Way of voicing your thoughts:
There two main avenues in which you can voice your opinions to us. the first one is simply responding to this forum post and telling us what you think.
the second is coming to a free table, and voicing your thoughts there. the advantages to the free table is two or all three of us will be there, and will attempt to answer or to clear up any confusions.
the times for the free table are as follows:
the first session will be this coming Wednesday at six AM eastern, 11 AM GMt hosted by the-raven and MagicalKrish.
The second session will be hosted by myself and the-raven on Friday, 12 PM eastern and five PM GMT.
and the last session will be held on Saturday, at 9 PM eastern, 2 AM GMT hosted by myself and MagicalKrish. Please let one of us know if you can attend any of these sessions to have your voice heard!
Thanks for reading,
the uno league team

2. helleon,

My personal opinion: If you guys was to restart the league then the 2 conferences should preferably be held on saturday and sunday because some of us are still at sfchool and others are in uni. But the way i see it, (and this may sound completely unacceptable), but those who entered the uno league agreed with those times obviously, and now just let their hair down and forgot all about it. Even if we change times probably none of them will even know

3. keyWasFull,

Here are my opinions of the options proposed:
We can rearrange the conferences which would result in the players from conference three being dispersed in conferences one and two. If this were to occur, would you want the players to be given the same number of points that the player they replaced had?
my response: I don't understand this; If you disperse players among conferences 1 and 2 then there would be no replacing involved. This would however create the problem of how to manage the matches missed by the conference 3 players, so that all players would have had an equal number of matches. All players must have an equal number of matches played so that the top4 players for the super 12 gained their place fairly and not because their opponents were able to attend matches.
Shall we restart the uno league but with two conferences only and having each player play each other once?
My response: This would probably be the worst course of action. You are basically cheating everyone who showed up when they were supposed to out of all of their effort.
should we attempt to look for replacements for the missing or the absentees of conference three?
My response: that there are 9 missing people in conference 3 is kind of a lot, so this would probably not be successful, or it would take so long that the entier league would have to be delayed while you look for replacements.
My suggesstions: Check out the attendance records for the people in conference 3. The 4 players with the best attendance, i.e., who missed their matches the fewest times, get promoted to super 12 by default. If there's a tie, choose the one with the most wins. Then just get rid of the conference 3 matches, and continue with the others until super 12 time. It's not like the conference 3 people aren't able to play uno with each other in the interim. And you are rewarding them for their committment as well as how well they did playing.
This being the first uno league, it is a great experiment, and we can learn something for the next time. You may want to try and track down the people who missed the greatest number of matches and ask them why it happened. Did they forget? Were they busier than they thought? Did they just feel hopeless and give up? Etc. And it seems like Sunday's just not a good day. Conference 3 has had an attendance problem ever since the league started, and there's no concrete reason why.
You might also consider running it in the summer and seeing if attendance improves during that time; it probably would, and you might even be able to get some people to play on a day other than friday, saturday or sunday.

4. Fawaz,

Hello team,
I think best to do rearrange the 2 conferences and players keep the points they got.
if they played only very few matches and all points they have got by absent of the the other player, here i guess they should replay the matches from the new conference.
if i said they should keep the points they got only by playing and rest number of matches they should play so how u would choose the players from new conference they should face.
so i guess they better keep all points (if they played many matches) otherwise move by zero points and face again new conference's players.
I liked very much keyWasFull's idea, better continue 2 conferences and those from last conference get promoted to super 12.
good luck guys.

Last edited by Fawaz, Jan 18 2016 22:38:39

5. EstrellaVega,

Hello guys
Thank you a lot for your nice job and, as KeyWasFull said, it's the first ligue and we still got much things to learn. But as it's such a nice idea, and the majority wants a success, we should work on it more ourselves, not to leave so much job to the organizators.
Talking about the conferences at all, i think that the master should be more in contact with the participants. I mean, the group should be put together in a facebook, or google group, or skype group... Whatever, just everyone should understand - it's a common big big job and we everyone need to communicate. It's possible that the plans changed and we are not able to appear, but if we had a possibility to reech each other, the situation would be more clear. We'd communicate within each other directly. Now the organizator is looking for someone who knows the participant personally and the chain goes and goes tiring up and without a real advantage. Myself, i missed one weak just for confusing in time zones and actually, it is too difficult to follow up the news here in pr, because i don't have regular connection in windows platform, so appearing here mostly for the ligue.
Second, you should gather the people from the conference3 and ask them what they want. First of all, they are the ones who should vote and decide. If the situation will be so that only some people want to continue, we might choose the favourit of them or 2 favourites and to let into the Play-offs.
Finally, for the future, if a person decides to take part in this kind of event, i suggest not to leave this so freely. Ask people for a contact outside the pr because the life is complicated and everything may cause the coming up or no, but it would make the situation more clear.
Best wishes
EstrellaVega

6. Cristina ,

Hello guys!
For me it would be very hard to post here what I think about all this cause of my bad english, but wednesday I will join that free table and will let you know my opinion.
And of one thing you can be sure, I will agree with anything what the organizers will decide.
I appreciate very much their idea of organizing this league and their effort as well.
Regards, Cristina!!!

7. YNWA,

Do they have any new translation facility at free tables? I would be interested to find out how it would be easier to write there where the conversation is not static as it would be here on the forum!

8. basket,

YNWA,
The advantage of a free table as I had mentioned was the presence of at least two of us there answering questions real time. Obviously with the forum, one of us had to log on, and read responses and the answers to questions may not be as forth coming as they would while we were all present at a table. I hope this clears up your confusion.
Keywasfull, your ideas are sound and could very well be the direction which makes the most amount of sense. What we meant by dispersing and the question of points being transfered was not very well explained for that I apologize. Conferences one and two have also lost players, albeit not as many as conference three. the players from conference three would be replacing the players lost by conferences one and two and the question is, whether the players replacing should get the points of the players whom they'd replaced in conferences one and two.
Thank you

9. Cristina ,

And for me it is easier.
There i can write freely what I want, without thinking that someone will laugh at me cause of mistakes what I would make. smile

10. YNWA,

It is silly people laughing at someone because they make mistakes as we all make them. In the forum you have time to check what you have written and to think about what you said where on the free table it is easy to forget what you are going to say. Even if you do make an error you can always correct it later!

11. Cristina ,

Ah, in this case, for me it will be easier to talk about it, being to a free table.

12. out_and_about ,

Hello,
Of corse i am not the wright person to talk about the main topic, but i want to give my opinion about the idea of how people may laugh about posible misstakes.
Don't worry! HI think here in the english forum, it is difficult to find someone who critizise how you write in english. And that is, because most of the participant in this forum are not native speakers. If you go to the spanish forum, for example, in this case you should write in an acurate way, and with very good spelling; otherways other participants could reply your post just joking about how bad you write.
Cristina, for the next time you want to post something in this forum, make it freely!

13. Exink,

I've been not worried about my spelling in english since at most of the times it's acurate; although there are many people who don't know how to say a single word in english, howevever they want to express their feelings or messages. So everybody has the freedom of speech in this forum where the 40% of the people is a native speaker like it occurs in the world, in major or minor quantities. Getting back to the subject, it's a big problem when there are some persons who don't turn up to their matches and, it's ilarious to play just one match per day just like the previous Sunday, acording to the guys. It's something we must fix quickly; nevertheless keep in mind that once we get into the league, we know the responsability we'll take. Then let's make an effort in order to play the uno league 2015-2016!

14. Mayank ,

I would suggest everyone to stick with the topic. Thank you.

15. fire-starter,

Hello,
I think u should make new confeerences. and let the players keep the points they have otten.
When is the time for that free table? I live in in the netherlands

16. the-raven ,

Fire-starter, the free tables are at 12 A.M Wednesday, 6 P.M Friday, and 3 A.M Saturday

Last edited by the-raven , Jan 19 2016 20:47:16

17. Lemonade,

Wednesday is actually 12 PM, not AM.

18. the-raven ,

oh wwell

19. keyWasFull,

by the way, speaking of scores, a score table update is due after week 6. So can you assmeble the score tables and let's see them

20. Epic_Krrish,

The points are already updated, it will be posted soon, and here we gave options to whether to give suggestions here or on the Free tables at the time which is suitable to the players, so its entirely on the players to voice their concern intheir preferable choice.

20 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account