Important (reply offlist please): NVDACon 2016/tenth international anniversary edition

3 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Ladies and gentlemen,
This is Joseph Lee, the chair of the NVDA tenth anniversary planning committee. I’d like to give you some status report on happenings at NVDACon 2016 and to cordially invite you to join us for the second half of this conference.
So far, the conference attendees had a chance to meet authors of their favorite add-ons, learned how awareness of NVDA makes a difference in workplaces, got a sneak preview of Dictation Bridge and more. We also heard from people such as Sean Randall, Dave Williams and others, as well as to chat with Fernando and mark, the developers of F123 Access, as well as to get a glimpse of what’s involved when writing NVDA add-ons.
But the conference doesn’t stop there: the second half is just a few hours away, and the second part starts with an introductory session on NVDA for those using other screen readers. Following that, we’ll have an exciting session on NVDA’s support for math, get a chance to learn about braille support and get a chance to talk to the gentlemen behind NVDA’s inception and history (Michael Curran and James Teh) as part of the keynote presentation.
For more information on this conference, as well as learn how to join us and listen to past conference sessions (including ones hosted last weekend such as F123 Access and Dictation Bridge), please visit http://www.nvda-kr.org/en/nvdacon.php.
Of these sessions, I’d like to cordially invite you to attend the keynote session, to be held on April 30, 2016 at 00:00 UTC (5 PM Pacific on the 29th, 8 PM Eastern and elsewhere).
If you have any questions about this conference, please write to me directly at joseph.lee22590@gmail.com. Hope to see many of you at the second half of NVDACon, especially the keynote session.
P.S. I’ll leave you with a promo on NVDA as a movement:
http://www.nvda-kr.org/files/NVDASR%20movement%20promo.mp3
Thanks.
Cheers

2. fire-starter,

when is this in dutch time?

3. BhavyaShah ,

You can convert any timings of these upcoming sessions into your own time zone by using the integrated, simple and accessible time conversion tool available on the NVDACon homepage at www.nvda-kr.org/en/nvdacon.php
Regardless, my research of UTC to Amsterdam time tells me that you are two hours ahead of UTC, implying that for e.g. the main highlight of this conference the Keynote Address is at 2:00 a.m. in Amsterdam, Netherlands on 30th of April
Just for your information, on the other hand, the Keynote Address is at 5:00 p.m. in Pacific time on the 29th of April while in Indian Standard Time the same is the 30th of April 7:30 a.m.
Please let me know if you require further information, details or timings of any particular or multiple sessions or require help in setting up and configuring Teamtalk or converting time zones.
Sincerely looking forward to meeting many of you at NVDACon International 2016 Users and Developers Conference 10th Anniversary edition third and fourth days!
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah

3 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post