The archive of the eurovision stream with commentary is here!

13 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Lemonade,

Hi all. First off, let me start by apologizing profusely to those people who tried to join yesterday's eurovision free table, but couldn't. After a few hours, the table was given to someone who had the option enabled that made only his friends be able to join. We were very late in realizing this, so we are very sorry if any of you were left out.
The good news is that the archive for the stream has now been posted. For those of you who didn't know, yesterday a bunch of people with different nationalities, including myself, streamed the finals of the eurovision song contest, and you could also hear our commentary because we were on a teamtalk server. We also had a fre table on the playroom going where people could listen to the stream and interact with us.
Finally, we would like to thank the people who joined our free table, it made the stream even more fun. Some people have already said that we should do this again next year, and we very well might.
If you want to listen to the archive, simply download the following file.
http://pmsworld.tdrealms.com/audio/EuroStream-2016-archive.mp3

2. dalimidvecimidvenedali,

Ok... Currious for your opinion about the czech arthist so lets check... :)

3. sound2,

Personally the whole thing made no sense to me. But I'd heard of this programme that happend every year, but couldn't watch it. I didn't listen to the stream because of internet data. So the experience was well different, even strange. But glad others enjoyed it.

4. Sajad-Aliraqi,

I enjoyed some of it. Cause my net was sooooo bad. Yeee. Continueto the new years

5. Daredevil,

Well done to my country Australia for coming second in Eurovision! Personally, I believe We shouldn't be in Eurovision because simply We are under Asian Federation and not Europe.

6. Cappuccino,

But their song was just awesome!

7. cherry-blossom,

What a shame i just found out until now that you guys streamed this here, though it is great that we are able to listen to the file and relive it, i'm definitely up for it if you do it next year, cheers!

8. YNWA,

Australia were a guest country but apparently they would not have been allowed to win as the winner has to host it the year after. The UK were poor as usual.

9. Cloudcat,

I sound...weird. meh

10. basket,

Facinating, I've never heard this contest before. Its not streamed anywhere in the US as far as I know. Thanks

11. YNWA,

apparently it was broadcast in the US for the first time this year but I don't know what channel. I heard them say on a UK radio station.

I think it started out some time after the 50's and over the years it grew and grew. With the break up of the Soviet Union they added a semi final as so many countries started to take part. I think the UK provide quite a chunk of the funding as they are part of the European Broadcasting Union.

Perhaps the most famous song is Waterloo by Abba and we know what a fantastic group they became. Celine Dion was another famous artist who represented France.

We in the UK treat it as a joke and have sent some old but famous singers that are well past their date in my opinion such as Englebert Humperdinck and Bonnie Tyler.

Last edited by YNWA, May 20 2016 21:19:11

12. basket,

Yeah, I found out that it was, after the conclusion of the contest. But I'm pretty sure Celine Dion is Canadian. Odd that she would be representing France.

13. YNWA,

You are correct she is Canadian and I don't know how that works but she is from the French speaking part.

13 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post