Final thoughts of backgammon tournament

6 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Cristina ,

A very warm greetings to all!
I’d like to announce: finally the backgammon tournament has concluded,, which has run over two weeks, less than I’ve thought and stated in my other post.
All players who have signed up, 32 they were, showed up and played their matches. I was even wery nicely surprised by duni-wjetre and malo-precojetre, who are just 15, but who have proved their worth.
There were played 44 matches of 48 in the first stage, then 8 matches in the second stage, and 3 in quarter-finals. 1 of the quarter-final had to be awarded to the opponent. Due to her opponent not able to turn up to play it.
Then we had interesting semi-finals, Dragos vs black and magicalKrrish vs Alesia. And then rounded up with the grand final. The final were played between Dragos and MagicalKrrish, whereby, Dragos claiming the top honours for the first Backgammon tournament and MagicalKrrish settling for 2nd. A very big congratulations to Dragos for being the champion of Backgammon tournament.
The 3rd and 4th place play offs were played between Black and alesia, Where Alesia claiming 3rd sport and black settling for 4th.
Furthermore, I would like to thank the participants for taking out their precious time to be there for the matches, as we all know, no event is successful without participants. So thank you all for your effort and for your commitments. I would like to thank those who helped me to make this tournament a successful one, specially to: adventure-time, who helped me before the tournament has started, undertaker and black, who helped us to make the draw, the-raven, magicalKrrish, fani, who helped me with their suggestions and hosted some matches when there were running 2, 3 or even 4 matches consecutively. Thank-you for being there and handing me the help which I required, without your help I wouldn’t have completed the tournament this early.
Moreover, There were some problems with doubling the staks which was not supported by many players but I couldn’t do much since it was one of the option, I tried to come up with solutions which did helped me in the first stage but later on had just to allow players to double the stak. Any way this tournament is done and I have learned a lot of lessons which will help me in the next tournament if I organize as such. With these words and congratulations to our winner and congratulations to us all as organizer and participants. Till next time this is Cristina signing off. smile
Thank you all!

2. Epic_Krrish,

Hey very huge congratulations to Dragos, well done, you deserved the win, its Unfortunately one more title has been slipped from my hands hahhhha, any way thank-you Cristina for your effort and time to organise this back gammon tournament. I did really enjoyed it especially just learning about this game here in this plat-form.

Regards Krrish

3. Vojvoda ,

Thank you for all nice words and congratulations to Dragos, good job!
:)

4. Cristina ,

Wow Krrish, you've learned how to play backgammon just on pr and were in final...
That's really great!!! smile

5. Raki,

Congrats Dragos and good run Krrish. you just missed out on what, your forth title?

6. each-and-everythinh ,

Hi , first of all sorry for reviving an old topic but i was on vacation and now i can reply. Thanks for the nice words , it was real enjoyment to play on this tournament and the best thing about it was that i was able to play whenever i was free which was really nice. Congratulations to Dragos and best wishes in the future tournaments.

6 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post