THE 2016 BOUILLABAISSE TOURNAMENT

11 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. YNWA,

So far we have hosted 3 different tournaments with a variety of challenges and we are pleased they all worked out well in the end. Previously most tournaments in The English section of the PR were mostly Uno but now that has changed for the better. Now we see more tournaments and more of them add more inivation and that also is now the case for Uno too. Having more hosts that are capable of hosting a tournament will only benefit the users of the Playroom. There maybe some reading this article thinking: "I also could host a tournament". Perhaps you can. My advice to you would be: watch how others do it first, learn from good practise, see if you can spot things that can be improved upon and prepare properly.

We was going to host a Bouillabaisse tournament before but Belote changed all that. Bouillabaisse should be an easier game to run and we can be more flexable with the numbers so we will see how many of you enter first, before we make a definitive decision on how the format will work out. We will be using the "everything or nothing" rule for this tournament. we know a number of you really enjoy bouillabaisse so it should be a very interesting tournament!

We are aware time is a factor for some and that's why we have decided to run the competition in 2 different groups for the first day as we hope it will encourage more players from around the world to take part. The first group games will start at 15:00 BST, the second group games will start at 19:00 BST, so please register your preference when you enter the competition.

The Bouillabaisse tournament will start on Saturday 3rd September 2016 with Group A starting just after 15:00 BST, 16:00 Central Europe, 17:00 eastern Europe, 2:00 Fiji; Asia: 19:30 India, 18:30 Iran, 19:00 Pakistan, 21:00 Vietnam; USA: 4:00 HST, 6:00 AKDT, 7:00 PDT, 8:00 MDT, 9:00 CDT, 10:00 EDT.

The second part of the Bouillabaisse tournament will start on Saturday 3rd September 2016 with Group B starting just after 19:00 BST, 20:00 Central Europe, 21:00 Eastern Europe, 6:00 Fiji; Asia: 23:30 India, 22:30 Iran, 23:00 Pakistan, 1:00 Vietnam; USA: 8:00 HST, 2:00 AKDT, 11:00 PDT, 12:00 MDT, 13:00 CDT, 14:00 EDT.

If your country/region is not covered in any of the timezones above then please contact one of the organisers for further assistance.

When you enter the tournament you will choose either Group A or Group B, depending on what time suits you best. We will then devise a format that will whittle down the numbers qualifying for finals day to 6 from each group. The Semi-finals will contain 6 players in each game. The top 3 from both Semis will contest the final. Please note that if there is a tie between 3rd and 4th placed players, maybe more, then all those players will go through.

RULES

1. If a Player fails to turn up for their match they will be automatically disqualified. They will be removed from their group and 1 less player will compete for the remaining qualifying spot. If 2 players fail to turn up then the last one from 1 of the other groups will join that group to ensure all groups have similar amounts of players in them.

2. Anybody who is unable to fulfill their game will not qualify for the next round. The organisers will try their best to allow a reasonable period for any player that disconnects to return to the game.
  1. If anybody is kicked out of their game the game will commence without them. The bot's score will be void, so anybody finnishing below the bot will move up 1 place.

2. If you are unable to make the tournament for any reason could you please inform Adventure-time, Teardrop or YNWA via our Inbox, if you are unable to contact any of us in the Playroom as soon as possible.

5. Please keep chat during the games to a sensible level, as we don't want to remove people from the table. Too much chat slows the game down. Make sure when writing a PM to use the @ sign at the start of your message, otherwise, the message you send will go out to the table.

6. Anybody abusing the playroom rules or disruptive during the tournament could be disqualified if they are still in the competition, or will be banned from the table. They Could be excluded from any future tournament we host!

If anybody has any further questions regarding the tournament then please don't hesitate to ask one of the organisers, who will do their best to assist you as best as they can.

We wish you the best of luck in the tournament and hope it is a really enjoyable one for you all!

Thanks

Adventure-Time, Teardrop & YNWA

Last edited by YNWA, Aug 16 2016 18:17:26

2. afrim,

Fun would it be to host a Shut the Boxes tournament. I may plan to do it someday.

3. Epic_Krrish,

Hey I m up for it, please sign me in. I prefer group (A).

Regards Krrish

4. boo-boo,

hello. count me in. i prefer to play in group A. gl

5. sopralto,

I am in, and I highly prefer group A!

6. basket,

I wish I could join but I cannot! Good luck to those who will enter!

7. OrsoNero ,

I would like to partecipate.

8. musiclover,

i prefer groop b

9. Angelina-princess,

Count me in group A, thanks.

10. OrsoNero ,

Me Group A please.

11. YNWA,

Thank you to all those that have entered the Bouillbaisse Tournament so far. We have had a terific response but are still looking for more players as we can be more flexable with the number of people entering the competition.

11 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post