For asian languages speaking people (Solved)

9 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Exink,

Hi there,

As the subject says, this post is addressed for those who speak asian languages such as korean, japanese, chinese etc, however if you have some clue about what you're talking, I guess it'd be nice if a reply from you can be posted too.

I'm interested in learning korean, so I want to practice my spelling here on the computer. Once I found out how to add this language so that it can be used on my keyboard, I wanted to use it again after switching its language imput. The problem is that, the first time I was able to do this was thanks to some visual help, because for this as you may already know, it's needed to toggle wether if the korean characters (hangul) or the latin ones, will be working on that moment. Nevertheless, I ran into some troubles when using NVDA for this at using the objects; also I failed by using the screen revision mode.
By using JAWS, I couldn't set this up, at least at the moment when I tried to do that, thus I'm writing in latin characters again.

Does some of you know what to do in this cases? How do you face this issue when you must write with the Microsoft Ime system?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this message, but I didn't know which one I should use.

Thanks a lot!

2. Space-Rage,

Hi:

My Chinese Friend has told Me about a way to open Microsoft Ime and converting without going to The Language Bar, but not sure

To open it: press Alt+Graav and to convert Text from Latin to other Convertions: press space and press Up or Down arrow

3. Exink,

Hello, I have just a question: please can you tell me what do you mean by "graav"? I've gotten everything else but not that part, so I can't test the process right now.

Thanks a lot!

4. basket,

graav is directly above the tab key.

5. Exink,

Hi guys! Thanks to the comment from SpaceRage and after some experimenting, I realized that efectively by pressing CTRL+Alt+` (the key which is above of tab), it's possible to write in korean with no major complications. But, when I pressed AltGR+A... what do you think that has happened? Finally this worked for me! It applies at any case, no matter if you're writing an e-mail or in a chat box, therefore I'm share this for those who wanted to know this as well!
감사합니다! (Thank you!)

Kind regards.

Last edited by Exink, Oct 18 2016 21:13:23

6. Giovani ,

Hi!
I was also interest on learning Korean I have some experiences there. On windows:
Add a two layout, korean and MS IME.
Press right alt key on microsoft IME keyboard. Now, You can write Korean. For Hanja (Chinese letters) write letter on Hangeul and press right CTRL.
Another explanations I can put It out of topics, I was also interests on Korean and I have some experiences.
Please, send me a permanent message here and It'll be good to have a Skype.
Also, I've learned Korean writings only by my ways, not from anothers, like khoomei throat singing. I know something about this language. Please, write to me.
Thanks alot!

7. Anfelia,

Hello! Thanks to all you guys for suggestions, I wasn't sure how to switch on japanese simbles on my pc and if it's possible ingeneral, hope while experementing with these advices I'll get what I want to.

8. Exink,

Hello there,

Though I know about japanese the same as an accountant about music, I've gotten used to write in such asian language. Then I'd like to bring you the much or little knowledge I have till now:

Before getting started, you should download a japanese voice synthesizer in order to test and read your writings. Since I'm a JAWS user I am using Vocalizer voices which are free, but if you have NVDA and the chance to use them, the most optimal thing is to get 'em.

OK, enough rambling, let's go!

As first, you'll need to add the language into your keyboard. If you know how to do this, it's time to do so. Otherwise I'll explain it.

Go to your start menu and write language, and you'll find an option named something like regional and language settings. Note that the option's name may differ depending on the active language for your system, but bassically that's what will take you into the next step.

Once you have entered the next window, now press CTRL+Tab twice, therefore moving you two tabs onwards so you must select the "change keyboard" option. Another window will show up where you can change some parameters, for both the keyboard and the language bar.

Since we are not interested in changing the language bar's appearance, there's no need to press anything else than the standard keyboard commands (tab, shift+tab, enter and the arrows). Then, let's asume that there are some lists. The first one allows you to change the default keyboard setting used when writing at any text field, and if you press tab you'll find the second one; it displays the currently active languages for your keyboard.
But what's going on? The japanese keyboard is missing! Oh, just calm down, this is what we're gonna do...

Press Tab and you'll find a very nice button named "add". This one is going to help us for such task, so I'd recommend to press spacebar on it.
Once pressed, it will be gone and another window will show up instead. well, here is where you must look for and add the japanese language. Just navigate through the tree view until you find the item "japanese (Japan)". Press the right arrow and other options will appear. Just go to the first sub level (keyboard); expand it, and press spacebar onto both japanese and IME options.
What is that IME for? Well, let's just keep in mind that this one will help us to make the japanese language to work into our system.

Once you've done it, simply close the window by pressing enter; do the same thing with all the remaining opened windows, and you're done for the time being.

So we have just added the japanese keyboard, and I bet you that the first time you'll want to do is to start writing into this anime language. For that, open any word processor or text editor. The first time I used it I opened notepad, but you could simply use any program which you feel confortable with.

OK, in short: we now have the japanese keyboard, and we've just opened notepad; for some reason, we want to experiment with it since it's the first time we are facing a keyboard layout like this. So we start writin "hello" or whatever, hoping that some funny and gibberish letters will appear. And once we've done this, taking the first example the result is "hello". Yes, like in english. But what? Maybe you're thinking: -Oh Eagala, you lied me! And I just want to throw out this stupid computer because I'm unable to write any simple kanji!

I only have to say two things. First, this problem has a solution like all the other ones. And second, trowing your computer out is not a very good idea, if you want to get ride of tis simple give it to those poor people and you'll make 'em a big favor.

However, I'm not going to focus in how to donate your computer, since you're who is interested in doing that (I hope) not me. Then let's explain how to activate the japanese language.

As a matter of fact, it's very simple. Once the japanese keyboard is selected as your imput method, in order to use the hiragana writing system you must press shift+cabs lock key, both at the same time. In fact, this is the way which japanese people use to switch between the latin letters and the japanese imput because for them that's the quickest way, and I think that they're right. You can also use the language bar to change even some other things about it, but if you're not very familiar with this language, simply leave it just like that because hiragana is the closest thing to an alfabet in japanese, at least phonetically.

However, if the cabs lock key is set to NVDA or JAWS key, you will first press the corresponding keyboard shortcut to let the application pass the next keys. In JAWS it's Insert+3, and for NVDA users the feature is under keys NVDA+F2. Afterwards, press the keystroke mentioned above and you're ready to go.

To start typing in, simply try to write some words like they were transliterated (sayonara is to say "goodbye I think) and you'll notice something whether different or practical depending in your tastes. Since japanese and chinese languages don't use spaces to separate words, the spacebar does a very cool thing. It allows you to move through the matching results depending on what you've just typed in. This can be similar to how you could write in a smartphone or something like that, so if you get stuck, practice will be your best allied for sure. Also you canchange the different suggestions using the up and down arrows, or get back to the previous one by pressing Shift+Spacebar. To confirm the sillable or words you want to write, press enter.

Well, bassically that's it. I tried to be as clear as I could, so please excuse me if this was sorta boring or rather annoying but I wanted to explain everything to avoid possible doubts or mistakes. Anyways, if you have some questions you can reply to this posts and I'll be glad to help.

Sayonara, and happy writing!

Kind regards.

Last edited by Exink, Nov 14 2016 04:49:07

9. Anfelia,

Hello! Well, first, I would like to thank you for this awsome explanation! Really, seems I was needing it :D Second, it wasn't boring, because... I tride to apply those suggestions what I've got here first time, pressing a key command, but my nvda was saying those simbls like a crazy one, and I couldn't stop this from talking. It was in skype, in txt notepad it works perfect even without switching on japanese voice. I'm using Otoya for my needs, so I guess I could learn the alphabet somehow, but first time I was trying with espeak and got this issue in skype's line editer. Anyways, as I said, in text notepad it's working perfect, and thank you again so much for your explanation and advices!

9 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post