Some of you may remember that we said we would be hosting a Hearts tournament in The Playroom a few weeks ago but we had gone a bit quiet on that subject. The reason for that is that we have been very busy on The Quiz Party project. When the idea of hosting a Hearts tournament came up either of us had no idea that we would be asked to work on the quiz so quickly. Rather than cancel/postponing the tournament for an indefinite period not knowing when the next opportunity would be, we decided that we would honour pledge to host the tournament as we didn't want to disappoint any of the participants that indicated they really wanted to play in this tournament.
We are aware time is a factor for some and that's why we have decided to run the competition in 2 different groups for the first day as we hope it will encourage more players from around the world to take part. The first group games will start at 15:00 BST, the second group games will start at 19:00 BST, so please register your preference when you enter the competition.
The Hearts tournament will start on Friday21st April 2017 with Group A starting just after 15:00 BST, 16:00 Central Europe, 17:00 eastern Europe, 2:00 Fiji; Asia: 19:30 India, 18:30 Iran, 19:00 Pakistan, 21:00 Vietnam; USA: 4:00 HST, 6:00 AKDT, 7:00 PDT, 8:00 MDT, 9:00 CDT, 10:00 EDT.
The second part of the Hearts tournament will start on Friday 21st April 2017 with Group B starting just after 19:00 BST, 20:00 Central Europe, 21:00 Eastern Europe, 6:00 Fiji; Asia: 23:30 India, 22:30 Iran, 23:00 Pakistan, 1:00 Vietnam; USA: 8:00 HST, 2:00 AKDT, 11:00 PDT, 12:00 MDT, 13:00 CDT, 14:00 EDT.
If your country/region is not covered in any of the timezones above then please contact one of the organisers for further assistance.
When you enter the tournament you will choose either Group A or Group B, depending on what time suits you best. We are hoping to get 32 players but if not we will settle for 16 players. Assuming we have 32 players then the 32 players will be split equally among pots A and B. That means we will have 4 matches containing 4 players each. The 2 players with the lowest scores will go through to the next round if the 2nd and 3rd placed players are equal we will look at who had the lower score in the previous rounds until we are able to find the player that came second. In the Quarter-final you will still play players from your pot. Naturally if you played a player in the first round you will not meat them in the Quarter final. When all the matches are completed from both pots we will have 8 players left and they will be divided into 2 groups of 4 and the top 2 from each match will go through to the final.
Please note that we won't include the Jack of Diamonds variant for the first 2 rounds but will include it for the Semi and Final.
We will announce the points targets for the various rounds of the tournament in a few days time as we don't want to suggest something only to change it later.
1. If a Player fails to turn up for their match they will be automatically disqualified. They will be removed from their match and 1 less player will compete for the remaining 2 qualifying places.
2. anybody who is unable to fulfill their game will not qualify for the next round. The organisers will try their best to allow a reasonable period for any player that disconnects to return to the game.
3. If anybody is kicked out of their game the game will commence without them. The bot's score will be void, so anybody finnishing below the bot will move up 1 place.
4. If you are unable to make the tournament for any reason could you please inform Snowflake or YNWA via our Inbox, if you are unable to contact any of us in the Playroom as soon as possible.
5. Please keep chat during the games to a sensible level, as we don't want to remove people from the table. Too much chat slows the game down. Make sure when writing a PM to use the @ sign at the start of your message, otherwise, the message you send will go out to the table.
6. Anybody abusing the playroom rules or disruptive during the tournament could be disqualified if they are still in the competition, or will be banned from the table. They Could be excluded from any future tournament we host!
If anybody has any further questions regarding the tournament then please don't hesitate to ask one of the organisers, who will do their best to assist you as best as they can.
We wish you the best of luck in the tournament and hope it is a really enjoyable one for you all!
Snowflake & YNWA