Sable release date

45 messages, 2 pages: 1  2 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. phoenix009,

Hi guys!

So, if you guys haven't heard, sable alpha is coming out.

I just want to know when will it come out, and will it be paid.

Regards
Pranav

2. Jatayu,

sable release will indeed be paid. the alpha, however will ont. its just a prototype however, so do keep that in mind. many features will probably be added in the future, and its not supposed to be perfect at all. It will also be rewritten in a different language, as currently it is fully bgt. Basically this is supposed to be a consept demo to find out whether people like it, and would want this to be developed further or not.

3. Nikola,

Not sure where you heard that, but Sable is most definitely not written in BGT, nor will it be rewritten. The rest of your message is correct though.
Edit: I have to correct myself, since I just found out that the prototype version is indeed in BGT. Makes little sense to me, but yes, the final version will be in another language.

Last edited by Nikola, May 10 2020 13:51:49

4. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Someone actually told me that Sable was written using BGT. But I can't understand what's the point of releasing an Alfa version in BGT and coding it all again in another language

5. MuhammadHajjar,

Sajad you're right. However though, I don't think that migrating the code structure into another programing language would be a difficult process.

6. Rory101,

Depends on what programming language they use. It would definitely not be easy though so please do not say that, it's quite disrespectful. Anyway, that's not the point. As I was saying, it all depends on what programming language they use. If they use another derivative of angelscript, then sure, it won't be, too, hard, or a c ish thing, maybe not too hard either. But otherwise, yeah, it will not not not not be easy.

7. phoenix009,

So far, ive played around with sable, and have loved it.

We should give descriptions of what we've created with it, would be good to know just what is the limit of it.

8. marmarmar,

I'm afrait I will not use sable anymore.
If you try to play a game using play game option, it shows a BGT runtime error after creating the starting party.
I will wait and pay for the full wersion.

9. Nikola,

Hello. You can work around this bug, your game isn't completely destroyed. Just set the starting map again from the editor and your game should work again.

10. phoenix009,

Yeah, that works.

Personally, I have loved sable.
I have created a survival rpg in sable, where you get to choose only one party member and you play until you die.

You also get more members as you complete quests and win battles.

11. facelessghost,

Hello everyone!
Please tell me, where can I download the game?
And does she have an official site?
Thanks in advance for your help!

12. Nikola,

Of course. On this site, you can read more about the alpha release as well as find the product key you will need to activate it.
https://ebonskystudios.com/sable-alpha-download/

13. marmarmar,

I resolved the error.
If you want to start over a game, you have to set the starting map and coordinates for the player, eventhough you did that before.
So I restarted working on my project.
Now, try to guess what game i'm going to modernise once the full sable is out.
This game has no foot steps, only two of its spels have a sound when casted perfectly, and this game is share vare.

14. Sajad-Aliraqi,

@rori101 I don't know how my comment was disrespectful :D

15. marmarmar,

A hint that should point you to the right answer:
Enemies mostly just attack you, but you can roll dice, use spells, slice with a knife, defend and escape.
Gabriel was one of the characters present in this game.
To minimize confusion, the question is in port 13.

16. phoenix009,

paladin of the sky?

17. marmarmar,

Correct!
But it actually appears more difficult than I thought.
I need to ask for the developer's permission and get the music tracks.
I've got most of them, but some are missing. Pierre fight is one of them.
I tried using a bgt script called pack extracter to extract the original sounds, but I found out they are encrypted, so I would need to know or guess the encryption key to decrypt them.

18. phoenix009,

Yeah, that'd be a problem.

Also, sable's disabled now, so no chance getting that to work.

19. marmarmar,

But when the full wersion is out, maybe I will try.
Since I probably won't be able to guess the encryption key, I have to think about some substitutes for the missing music.
I will never use the voices of the characters as sounds for the dragon strike scrolls, but cool sounds.
And in order for the game to be complete, a possibility to add custom classes has to exist.
In the alpha version, I could only create Ross, Kelly, Cecil and Gabriel since there vere four classes.
So, we have to wait and see.

20. phoenix009,

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooow custom classes!

Listen to that Ebon Sky Studios!

Move over BGT!

21. fire-starter,

lmao the final version will be written in something else then bgt. The sounds are encrypted because the developer doesn't want you to use them. Trying to extract them is illegal, although the songs that he didn't write himself are probably findable on the internet somewher.

22. marmarmar,

I indeed found most of the music tracks used in Paladin of the sky.
If sable is really going to be rewritten, why didn't the developer think of releasing the bgt version as freeware?
Ofcourse, the new wersion, possibly with new features, maybe shareware, but we could have a free wersion for those who don't have a lot of money.

23. fire-starter,

because it was a demo and wasn't complete yet

24. marmarmar,

Btw, I casually visited the blastbay studios website.
Bgt and stuff related to it- example games and music packages- seem to have completely vanished from there. I guess Ebon Sky studios decided to rewrite sable for this reason.

25. fire-starter,

the vgt developer quit develping the product because it sucked and other languages took over. Python or c++ for example have way more options and are easier to learn because online help and more libraries.

26. Nikola,

Why are you even trying to recreate Paladin of the sky in Sable? What is the point of doing that? Besides, you can't recreate the combat system used in that game.

27. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Automation is a part of copyright violation

28. Alan1003,

what is sable

29. phoenix009,

Check on ebonskystudios.net

30. marmarmar,

Thank you for telling me that I would violate copyright.
Then, would I also violate copyright if I introduced the next generation of pokemon (the Maraso region) using sable?

45 messages, 2 pages: 1  2 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post