Connect 4 tournament

18 mensajes, 1 páginas: 1  ↖ Volver a la lista de temas

Resultado: +1

1. Nikola,

Hello everyone,
a while ago, someone attempted to gather interest for a Connect 4 tournament, but as far as I know nothing was ever organized, so I will attempt to organize a tournament provided of course that there is enough interest just like that time.
The tournament will be held during the weekend of July 31st / August 1st, at 3 PM UTC. To find out the time in your timezone, go here .
Since this is quite a short game, I had something different in mind for the tournament format. Any opinions are welcome, and the format is subject to change depending on the number of players or possible issues raised.

I thought of not having any groups and starting right away with the elimination games. The reason for this is that this is a simple win / lose game, and if a situation were to arise in a group where 2 people have the same amount of wins, there is nothing to decide, unlike in some games where the total score can be used.
However, instead of a simple elimination, my idea is rather that you need 2 wins over your opponent in order to advance, thus, a maximum total of 3 games is possible per round.
Let's call them white and black, even though I'm aware Connect 4 doesn't use such terms. Anyway, after the draw, player number 1 is white and thus plays the first turn. After the game is over and a winner is decided, in the second game they will be swapped, so player number 2 gets the first move. If after this both have 1 win, we again swap and player 1 is again white in the deciding game. In future rounds, whenever possible, those who won 2 0 will have an advantage and be white against those who won 2 1, although this can't be guaranteed. If a game between those who both won 2 0 is necessary, the draw will be made randomly.
In the final round of the tournament, instead of 2 victories, you will rather need 3 to win the tournament and thus be declared champion. In case of a draw, the game will be repeated. If there is another draw, both players will get a win.

An up to date list of registered players will be in the first post.

Prepare your strategy, and register!

List of registered participants:

Última edición por Nikola, 25.07.2021 00:30:19

2. Ryan_K ,

I'm in

Resultado: +0

3. Rincewind ,

Count me

4. Epic_Krrish,

Please count me and a player known as nightingale also in. Thanks.

Última edición por Epic_Krrish, 25.07.2021 11:14:21

5. hnags1,

how do i start a tourniment? Please help

6. Nikola,

Hello,
thanks all for registering, keep adding your names.

@hnags1 this topic is for signing up to an already existing tournament.
For organizing your own, please see https://qcsalon.net/en/forum49/topic65430

7. hnags1,

well then i am in.

8. gfriha,

Count me in, please

9. prabhu,

take my name too

10. bogdanionut,

Hello, count me in please.

11. george,

Hey, I'm in, count me in please. Thank you!

12. mehmetceyhan,

add me please.

13. Mastani ,

Count me in.

14. Nikola,

Hello all,
thanks for registering.
We have reached my original goal of 12 players.
Unless there is a much larger interest than anticipated, all upcoming registrations will be put on the standby list.

With 12 players, we will be playing the elimination stage, thus getting 6 players plus 2 lucky losers going to the quarterfinal.
When it comes to choosing lucky losers, those who won at least one game against their opponents will have a priority against those who won 0.

Thanks once again, and see you on saturday!

15. Chocolate-Icecream ,

hi i would also like to partycipate

16. cristina ,

Hello, put my name on the standby list please, thanks!

17. Nikola,

Hello,
thanks to everybody for their participation.
We had an amazing tournament, with 11 out of 12 participants turning up, and the 12th one was also easily replaced with the first person on the standby list.

We saw some amazing matches and great, strategic battles to win.
In the end, it was a final between Rincewind and Basti.
The final concluded with the result 3 0, thus declaring Rincewind as the tournament winner!
Congratulations, and hoping to see you again in a future one.

Thanks once again to everybody who participated, and I hope you had a great time.

18. bogdanionut,

Hello, congratulations to the winner and thank you for organising this tournament. It was really fun!

18 mensajes, 1 páginas: 1  ↖ Volver a la lista de temas

Responder al tema

Usted debe estar conectado para poder postear.