Playroom client 3.0 beta

353 messages, 12 pages:  1 2 34 5 6; 12 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +5

91. Nikola,

Hello,
getting back to client based bots, it seems like I found a pattern in V3 which completely freezes the connect 4 bot. Try the following game exactly as shown on insane:
The game starts.
It's your turn.
You play at D1.
It's Superman's turn.
Superman plays at C1.
It's your turn.
You play at E1.
It's Superman's turn.
Superman plays at E2.
It's your turn.
You play at F1.
It's Superman's turn.
Superman plays at G1.
It's your turn.
You play at D2.
It's Superman's turn.
Superman plays at D3.
It's your turn.
You play at C2.
It's Superman's turn.
Superman plays at D4.
It's your turn.
You play at C3.
It's Superman's turn.
Superman plays at D5.
It's your turn.
You play at D6.
It's Superman's turn.
Superman plays at A1.
It's your turn.
You play at A2.
It's Superman's turn.
Superman plays at A3.
It's your turn.
You play at A4.
It's Superman's turn.
Superman plays at A5.
It's your turn.
You play at A6.
It's Superman's turn.

After this, the bot doesn't play anything else and stays completely stuck. I haven't encountered such a freeze in V2 in Connect 4, but the playing stile of the bot there seems to be different so I can't try the exact same pattern to confirm this.

Score: +1

92. Aminiel,

Hello,

Are you sure that you are playing in insane ?
When I play at D1, then the bot responds at D2, not C1.

93. gfriha,

Hello, with me the bot also plays at C1.
Choose the difficulty level :
The game starts.
It's your turn.
You play at D1.
It's Dark vador's turn.
Dark vador plays at C1.
It's your turn.
You play at D2.
It's Dark vador's turn.
Dark vador plays at D3.
It's your turn.
You play at F1.
It's Dark vador's turn.
Dark vador plays at D4.
It's your turn.
You play at E1.
It's Dark vador's turn.
It's Dark vador's turn.
Dark vador plays at G1.
It's your turn.
You play at F2.
It's Dark vador's turn.
Dark vador plays at D5.
It's your turn.
You play at D6.
It's Dark vador's turn.
Dark vador plays at A1.
It's your turn.
You play at G2.
It's Dark vador's turn.
It's Dark vador's turn.
Here it stopped playing. More than 10 minutes for now.

Score: +2

94. Nikola,

Hello,
that's curious, I am not sure why it would be different for you. I tried 5 restarts on insane, and each time the bot responded on C1 as above. I also tried in French just in case and as expected it's the same.
However, on medium, the bot does respond on D2 for me, but the freeze is there also, and curiously enough it also happens after I make a move on A6. Check this history out, in French as that was the language I used at the time but shouldn't matter too much:
C'est à vous de jouer.
Vous jouez en D1.
C'est à Bot leuse de jouer.
Bot leuse joue en D2.
C'est à vous de jouer.
Vous jouez en E1.
Bot leuse joue en F1.
C'est à vous de jouer.
Vous jouez en C1.
Bot leuse joue en B1.
C'est à vous de jouer.
Vous jouez en E2.
Bot leuse joue en E3.
C'est à vous de jouer.
Vous jouez en G1.
Bot leuse joue en E4.
C'est à vous de jouer.
Vous jouez en C2.
Bot leuse joue en E5.
C'est à vous de jouer.
Vous jouez en E6.
Bot leuse joue en A1.
C'est à vous de jouer.
Vous jouez en D3.
Bot leuse joue en A2.
C'est à vous de jouer.
Vous jouez en A3.
Bot leuse joue en A4.
C'est à vous de jouer.
Vous jouez en C3.
Bot leuse joue en C4.
C'est à vous de jouer.
Vous jouez en F2.
Bot leuse joue en A5.
C'est à vous de jouer.
Vous jouez en A6.
This is where the bot stops playing, just like in other histories. So even if the pattern isn't the same for you for some reason, try getting the game so you can make a move at A6.
For Gfriha above it seems to be different, so there's probably more than one pattern too.

Dernière édition par Nikola, 22.04.2021 16:29

95. Aminiel,

Hello,

This message to let you know that the beta has been updated!

There are quite a lot of news this time, we are entering in a new phase.

Client 2.99.37 now supports windows 10 narrator.
Playing with narrator is now possible, but quite less comfortable than Jaws or NVDA.

You can now play chess with bots, thank to stockfish engine. If you encounter a problem, please copy the board position
in FEN format by pressing Ctrl+O, otherwise no fix won't be possible.

You can now play the game of Go as well, with bots thank to GNU Go engine. Equally, if you encounter a problem, please copy the game history, otherwise no fix won't be possible. If you don't already know playing Go at all, that's quite a complicated game, so perhaps you'd better skip your turn for this one, as you won't understand anything.
There are probably still important bugs regarding basic rules of Go, so be extremely careful.

@Nikola: can you tell me if the connect four problem still occurrs with this new version? Thank you.

Dernière édition par Aminiel, 25.04.2021 10:20

96. socheat,

Really love the beta. Amazingly fast! I didn't know you can get the beta until yesterday. Awesome work!

Score: +0

97. Vojvoda,

Very good job with the bots in chess. Would it also be possible to add an option like a training mode where your points won't be changed nor included in the statistics. Main reason for this is because I would like to have undo the last move option, and analyse better ways to get out from some situations. This should be very helpful to new chess players.
Again very nice work here.

Dernière édition par Vojvoda, 25.04.2021 12:35

98. YNWA,

I like the chess bots. I know you can't have bots in Quiz Party for obvious reasons but it would be good if people could practise one-one answering the questions. Perhaps there could be a leader board with most consecutive correct answers...

Dernière édition par YNWA, 25.04.2021 12:59

99. supanut2000,

I certainly agree with the training mode, and I think it should be present in all games, including games like quiz party and little exam.
Also, the ability to play with multiple bots in reversi would be nice.

100. YNWA,

I understand chess as it can be useful to go back certain moves to find out where you went wrong and what would happen if you chose X instead of Y. With Quiz Party there is no point in keep playing the same question until you get the answer right. I can tell you recently I have changed some of the options to the oldest questions so people don't get too familiar with the options.

I do agree that for the Little Exam like Quiz Party there should be a practise mode where people can play in this case against the clock and see with what they can come up with for each category during a minute or whatever they choose.

101. LiteraryProgrammer,

2 features that I request to add on urgent bases.

1. Auto update from within the program. Reasons:
  2. First, downloading a 13 mb zip file takes 2 minutes on a 1mb connection.
    Second, one has to perform various steps to get the game working i.e. going to downloads, extracting the contents and opening the program.
    If program downloads only the desired files, it will update fast! Furthermore, it will decrease the load on server.
  3. Control f1 serves the game tutorial in internet explorer server window. When it displays, one can go to other areas of the site and even again login to play. I request to restrict the content that displays in html rendered window.

Score: -1

102. Nikola,

Hello,
first of all, thanks for the new features! So far, the chess bots work great.
Also, the connect 4 problem no longer appears to happen. The bot now responds on D2 for me as well, and most importantly the game works and the bots don't freeze.

A small bug report, if you quit your screen reader while the client is still running and then try with Narrator, no speech is possible. Similarly, if you do start the client with Narrator, use it for a while and then quit it and start your screen reader without restarting the client first, your screen reader will speak all incoming messages twice.

@LiteraryProgrammer interesting. So why would an auto updator make downloading the client file which is already quite small any faster with a slow connection? Also, no offense, but the nature of beta testing is frequent updates, so if you are beta testing, you probably should not be lazy to download and extract a file. You anyway need to investigate and report bugs, which takes more effort than updating the client.
Most important though, it takes much more effort to code and deliver that update to you than it does for you to extract it...

Dernière édition par Nikola, 25.04.2021 15:24

103. Aminiel,

Auto-update is planed, of course! But that will be for a later phase of the beta. That's also something that will need to be tested before the final release.

Undo moves in chess, training mode, and play against the clock in some way with the quiz are good suggestions, but out of scope for the beta. I invite you to create separate topics for them, otherwise they are probably going to be quickly forgotten.

104. LiteraryProgrammer,

Hello,
Thanks for considering my advice on Auto-Updater. Like all binaries do not change always, it is a good idea to match the hashes of both online and offline directories. If any of the files is different on server, it will be downloaded to one's device. This way, the DLLs will not be downloaded, and only the desired binaries will be downloaded to the browser.

105. free-flying-bird,

I just went through the entire topic, and haven't seen this being mentioned anywhere. That's slightly disappointing, I would love to see a fix for this. Let me try to explain what's going on. I don't remember seeing this in v2.0, so I know it's a beta thing.
Before anyone says it's my net, I get a ping of 24, when I ping qcsalon.net. Before anyone says it's my hardware, I tried on an 8th gen i7 running win10 21h1, a 2017 macBook air running windows 8.1 bootcamp, and 2 windows 7 machines, both being sandy bridge based CPU's. Meaning, what I'm about to describe, is not due to low end hardware, either.
Here's how to reproduce it. Do uno with something like 3 second intervals. Find a fast player, who can spam their cards insanely fast. (The faster the better.) Now at this point, if you're on windows 10, or windows 8.1, you're going to lose NVDA completely. Now you may think it's an NVDA issue. Except... I tried messing around in the advanced dialog, I even tried python 2 NVDA on win7, (more on that later) the lag spikes consistently stay there. If you do 5 seconds, or no time limit, the problem is not so bad. I can provide recordings of what I'm talking about, since it's super easy to reproduce. Now here's the problem.
Same NVDA config, same playroom beta folder off oneDrive, same NVDA alpha, with the same add-ons installed, even on my crappy windows 7 celeron, I have absolutely no lag spikes. As soon as I get on windows 8.1 or 10, lag spikes appear. Yes, I'm using direct audio with all 4 systems in question, (changed it in the playroom options). I guess what I'm trying to say is this. If one is using windows 8.1 or 10, and does 3 second intervals in uno, lag spikes will kill speech entirely, but retain client sounds. As soon as one gets on windows 7, no matter how crappy the hardware might be, it runs rock solid, nicer than ever before.
My win10 and win7 run high definition audio from microsoft, the other windows 7 is on IDT, and the mac is on cyrrus logic. That is to say, what I'm describing is not due to audio drivers either. I get rid of that garbage first thing on my systems. It's something between beta and win10/8.1, seeing as microsoft high definition still has lag on win10 and not on win7. Now something else worth mentioning, when I downgraded to NVDA 2019.1 on my win7, (that's how I tested initially) there is no difference between running that, or latest alpha on it. Yet the same alpha, as mentioned above, lags on win10. Interestingly enough, JAWS 2021, on all 4 systems, lags with uno regardless. That's a JAWS issue, though. Even pressing up and down arrow feels sluggish, hence I haven't touched upon JAWS much. I'm thinking it's a JAWS thing, v2.0 wasn't much better with it either, from what I remember.
I don't know what causes it, (I'm not a dev) IDK if there is a fix for it, I did my troubleshooting steps to figure out the patterns and causes. If I can be of any help, if I have to provide recordings, or test certain situations, someone please let me know, and I'd be glad to. In the meantime, whoever can, use windows 7, or even XP if you have, for uno purposes. Ideally a physical, not a virtual machine.

Dernière édition par free-flying-bird, 25.04.2021 20:37

106. YNWA,

Was trying out the new game of Go and round one was fine but you are not prompted for your turn. In first round it will say bot plays in... but not in the second round. I was playing the middle level.

It also says playing at that point would be a suicide. just take out the a so it reads playing at that point will be suicide.

107. Nikola,

Hello,
is the new Go game supposed to be visible only for V3 users?
In V2, the game is hidden from the list, even though joining an already existing one seems to work fine, but I'm not yet very familiar with it so there could be some obvious reason I've missed.
Also, the game is visible on the web client as well, so that's why I wanted to ask if it's normal that it's hidden in V2.

108. YNWA,

When we went to version 1 to 2 there was Farkle as a surprise but the big difference this time was you could play with people still using version 2. The lay-out was slightly different but I can't remember exactly how but 2 is perfect so there was no need to change. There is less bugs this time although Aminiel did say he wanted to do that.

This is why Go is in 3 plus the fact Go and Chess now can be played with bots which you download when you play those games for the first time and perhaps that can't be done in 2. As you had chess in 2 you can hardly take the game away from 2 now.

I should say it is confusing when it says in the game go you play a black or white stone when the colours are red and yellow. In Gammon it Is YNWA's token or Albatross's token which means the token could be any colour and still not confuse anybody.

It reminds me of a famous snooker commentary "for those watching in black and white the green is on the blue spot".

Dernière édition par YNWA, 26.04.2021 12:15

109. AlirezaDarkk,

In the old version, text in the history has a dark background when using high contrast. Please add the high contrast settings of the old QR to the new one I can't look at the screen on the beta because it hurts even though I set the colors to high contrast

110. Aminiel,

Hello,

@DarkAlireza
Normally, you can activate dark theme by going to options > reading and appearance > use predefined colors for dark/black background.

Normally dark mode should be detected automatically, but maybe for some reason it didn't worked for you. I'm unsure on which details I need to investigate.

@Nikola:
Yes, Go is reserved to v3 for the moment.
It will eventually be available for everybody including v2. Only bot will be exclusive to v3, as it isn't possible to bring them in v2.

111. sukil,

I like Go a lot, I've already played 4 games (and lost all of them miserably). Please tell us when the manual becomes available in any language, the counting phase confuses me a lot.

112. AlirezaDarkk,

@110 I know I've activated it, but the text in the history doesn't have a Dark background.

113. Fawaz,

Hi,
I've noticed that if someone played wild and picked color so quickly, screenreader announces nothing, probably this is related to what braille has described earlier.
thanks.

114. No-Time-no-Musume,

@DarkAlireza: Did you try restarting the client after activating the dark/black color scheme? There is a weird behaviour after switching the color schemes (displays the "previous" scheme background color around the text in the history), but it disappears as soon as you restart the client. Otherwise the dark theme is behaving normally to me, it's even detected automatically since I use the dark scheme in my windows.

@LiteraryProgrammer (post no 101., Point 1): And now imagine, that after all these steps you described I have to right click on the exe file and in properties and compatibility I have to change settings for high DPI before the first start of each new beta, otherwise it appears blurred for me. And in case I rename the folder, I have to do this again, since my computer forgets the settings for some reason. Yeah, I am sighted, but I just felt like commenting on this, that the laborous work with downloading and extracting the file can actually be even more laborous. :)

115. AlirezaDarkk,

@114 thanks it worked, I guess I was stupid for not trying to restart the client :D. It didn't auto-detect my high contrast and had to do it myself before but that isn't an issue for me. Could it be because I use win 10?

116. YNWA,

Agreed if you come out after changing colour it will work. I was hoping if you pressed f11 it would help but it didn't.

117. No-Time-no-Musume,

@DarkAlireza: No worries, I was exactly the same stupid when I saw it for the first time. :) I am using windows 10 as well, so that doesn't seem to be the case, I rather feel that the high contrast settings is something a bit different from the dark mode in windows and so that's why it may not be detected.

118. free-flying-bird,

OK, another long shot probably no one else experiences, but here goes nothing. As of the latest release of beta 3, 2 3 days back, after a while, at random intervals, my first letter navigation flat out breaks. I have to restart the client to fix it. Happens on multiple devices. Anyone else seeing it? To make it clear, say I open my friends list, and I want to go to someone starting with b. It won't let me. But if I play monopoly, I can press g to auction, u for uno, etc...

119. YNWA,

It's your turn.
You play in P9.
It's Stupid computer's turn.
Stupid computer plays in M14.
It's your turn.
You play in P10.
Stupid computer plays in H6.
It's your turn.
You play in Q10.
GNU Go error: Q10

Unable to play after, sent error report...

120. Nikola,

@braille0109 you aren't alone for the letter navigation problem in lists. Although I have personally never encountered it no matter what I tried and have no idea what could trigger it, some of my friends also experienced this since a few versions back.
According to them, this happens when switching windows and coming back to the Playroom, but again I wasn't able to get this to happen even with those steps to reproduce it, so it seems to be one of these things that doesn't affect everybody and happens under certain (currently unknown conditions).
Sadly, from what I've heard there's no other solution than to restart the client.
Hopefully a cause for that can be found as I can understand that it could be quite annoying.

353 messages, 12 pages:  1 2 34 5 6; 12 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.

Mot de passe perdu ? Créer un compte