Playroom client 3.0 beta

353 messages, 12 pages:  1; 4 56 7 8; 12 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +5

151. Nikola,

Hello,
a friend of mine had a Chess problem with bots, and I could reproduce it as well on my end, so wanted to see if you have any solutions for this.
can you try the following FEN position? For me, it causes the entire client to close, again trying the import both with beginner and great master.
4kb2/p6r/2p5/5P1p/P2Q1Bpq/2P5/P4PPP/R3R1K b kq - 0 24

I'm not sure if it's any help, but in the debug file, before it closes, it prints over 100 lines just saying
Chess>

Thanks.

Score: +1

Dernière édition par Nikola, 06.05.2021 04:31

152. Aminiel,

Hello,

I think I found the cause of the crash.

Can you try the following modified FEN position ?
4kb2/p6r/2p5/5P1p/P2Q1Bpq/2P5/P4PPP/R3R1K b - - 0 24

The indication "kq" tells that the black king is allowed to castle both on king and queen side. Obviously it's wrong here, since black rooks have left their initial positions.

I need to have a look at that.
Thank you for reporting.

Score: +2

153. Nikola,

Hi,
indeed, the modified position seems to work as expected without any crash.

Can you also take a look at the following game history? Here too the Checkmate is not detected.

1. Pe2-e4. Pc7-c5
2. Ng1-f3. Pe7-e6
3. Nb1-c3. Nb8-c6
4. Bf1-b5. Nc6-d4
5. O-O. Pa7-a6
6. Bb5-d3. Ng8-e7
7. Nf3xd4. Pc5xd4
8. Nc3-e2. Pd7-d5
9. Rf1-e1. Ne7-c6
10. Pc2-c3. Nc6-e5
11. Bd3-b1. Pd4-d3
12. Ne2-f4. Ne5-g6
13. Nf4-h5. Ng6-e5
14. Qd1-a4+. Ne5-c6
15. Bb1xd3. Qd8-h4
16. Qa4-d1. Bf8-c5
17. Pg2-g3. Qh4-g5
18. Pe4xd5. Nc6-e7
19. Bd3-e4. Pe6xd5
20. Pd2-d4. Qg5-g4
21. Be4-f3. Qg4-d7
22. Nh5xg7+. Ke8-f8
23. Bc1-h6. Qd7-c6
24. Qd1-d2. Bc5-d6
25. Qd2-g5. Bc8-e6
26. Re1xe6. Bd6-a3
27. Ng7-f5+. Kf8-e8
28. Re6xe7+. Ke8-d8
29. Re7-e6+. Kd8-c7
30. Re6xc6+. Pb7xc6
31. Pb2xa3. Ra8-e8
32. Qg5-f4+. Kc7-c8
33. Nf5-d6+. Kc8-d8
34. Bh6-g5+. Pf7-f6
35. Qf4xf6+. Kd8-c7
36. Qf6-g7+. Kc7-b6
37. Qg7-b7+. Kb6-a5
38. Qb7-b4+.

154. gfriha,

Hello. I supose that this won't be useful but let's try.
A friend of mine was playing uno. He managed to have the 8 draw 2 in his hand, and he played them against a bot, but the bot only drawed 9 points. The bot also had 5 cards in his hand. The thing is that... he doesn't have the game history to show it.
Only this, because he coppied it into his status Billy the kid roba 16 cartas. PabloIranzo gana 0 puntos. Billy the kid gana 9 puntos.

Score: +2

155. Vojvoda,

Hi, this one also crashed my client.
[Round "1"]
[White "Vojvoda"]
[Black "Batman"]
[WhiteType "HUMAN"]
[BlackType "PROGRAM"]
[Result "*"]

1. Pe2-e4. Pe7-e5
2. Ng1-f3. Bf8-d6
3. Pd2-d4. Pf7-f6
4. Bc1-e3. Pb7-b6
5. Pd4xe5. Bd6-e7
6. Bf1-c4. Nb8-c6
7. Pc2-c3. Ng8-h6
8. Pe5xf6. Nh6-g4
9. Pf6xg7. Rh8-g8
10. Bc4xg8. Bc8-a6
11. Bg8-d5. Ng4-h6
12. Be3xh6. Be7-b4
13. Pc3xb4. Nc6-e7
14. Pe4-e5. Ba6-b5
15. Qd1-b3. Ne7-g8
16. Bh6-g5. Bb5-c4
17. Bd5xc4. Pd7-d5
18. Bc4xd5. Qd8-d7
19. Bd5xg8. Pa7-a5
20. Bg8-d5. Qd7xg7
21. Pe5-e6. Pa5-a4
22. Qb3xa4+. Ra8xa4
23. Pe6-e7.

156. Aminiel,

Hello,

Beta client has been updated! Changelog is in the first post as usual.

157. Fawaz,

Hi, interface has lots of errors I believe, mostly no spaces, and from channels and stuff nothing understandable..

158. Aminiel,

Hello,

There was indeed a problem with the zip file, all translations were missing. Download it again now and the problem should be gone.

159. Qais,

hello,
since first beta, if we reorder the cards in uno Between rounds using shift+h, then pressing any key quits the client, just wanted to remind that, incase it has been forgotten.
in addition to that, if we can get the feature where the stream was fading out, it would be nice.
thank you.

160. Nikola,

Hello,
there is a small problem introduced in the latest beta, I checked and make sure that it doesn't happen under V2.

When pressing ctrl P to propose an audio stream, in the dialog which opens, by default we have the text "null". Previously, this text was selected, so just pasting something would automatically replace that text with the link.
However, in 2.99.39, this text isn't selected anymore and thus it's first necessary to delete it before you can paste a stream.
This also happens if a stream is already proposed, the currently playing link isn't automatically selected in the audio stream dialog.
However, if you tab away from the edit field, and then shift tab back to it, then the text becomes selected and you can just replace it by pasting something new.

Thanks.

161. sukil,

In chess, when there is a checkmate against a bot the game doesn't stop. It shows correctly in stats. I assume this is for seeing the board after the game, but it's kind of confusing having to press x to manually stop it. Maybe a message could be shown to indicate this (like "press x when you are finished inspecting the board).

162. Nikola,

Hello,
yeah, this was implemented a while ago and I suggested it myself in order to be able to look at the position, but I also agree that it's kind of confusing the game just remains open like that, nor does the clock stop going. I was kind of expecting a system similar to connect 4 or Reversi where after the game is over, the round finishes and you can pause to look at the board, then continue another game if you wish or stop the table.

163. Jatayu,

Hi, I found another bug with the game farkel: not sure whether it persists in others as well.
When another player is rolling, and collecting points if you hit c to check, it says the following:
You have accumulated 320 points on this turn.
As I said, it was actually the other player who had that many points, not me.
Thanks!

Score: +0

164. Vojvoda,

I wanted to report another possible bug in chess, when I select beginner and win my points do not increase, but if I lose then my points keep decreasing. In the client it also shows that I have 1000 points but on the website it says that I have 800.

As for the other complain about table being present, I don't know what's exactly confusing, you get a message check mate or the game is draw, after that you can analyse how it happened.

165. Harry_Potter,

Sometimes, I do not know exactly why, I jump the following error when trying to run the .exe of beta:
"QCGCWX30 diálogo Unhandled unknown exception; terminating the application."
It happens to me for several versions, not just the last one, and the normal client works normally.

166. YNWA,

Still issues with Go or rather stop as it does but much shorter this one.

Batman has joined the table.
Choose difficulty level: (middle)
Choose goban size: 19/19
The game is starting.
It's your turn.
You play in I12.
It's Batman's turn.
Batman plays in D4.
It's your turn.
You play in F12.
It's Batman's turn.
Batman plays in C4.
It's your turn.
You play in C12.
It's Batman's turn.
GNU Go error: D4
Error #3939 ! Si le problème persiste, veuillez quitter cette table et en recréer une nouvelle / If the problem keeps happening, please leave this table and recreate a new one

Another issue that I am not so keen on is inversion 2 last text entery would be at the bottom but not in version 3 so you have to go down to reach the last text message.

167. ajackpot,

Hello?
Can some of the Reversi engines be replaced with open source engines such as Ntest, Edax, etc?
Current engines appear to be reasonably strong when "Allow moves that don't capture any piece" is turned on.
But if I don't turn it on, this engine has the poor performance such as putting stones on the C-square and X-square without any contrast. This is true of any difficulty.

168. Emrah20,

Hello.
There is a strange thing in Reversy. Ofcourse, ssounding of tokens is good idea, but It'll be also good to add a selection sound, because I don't know, if token is selected, althought I pressed enter key.

169. LiteraryProgrammer,

Hello,
If possible, what if you play some audio when one focusses on the playable cards? RS gaems does provides with this feature in UNO and 1000 miles.
Thank you.

Score: -1

170. Emrah20,

It is also great idea, althought Playroom is not RS games client, but I think that this idea will move playroom further.

Score: -1

171. YNWA,

An audio sound to prompt you when it is your sound is fine, it doesn't have to suggest what card you play!

Dernière édition par YNWA, 19.05.2021 11:19

172. Vojvoda,

"Don't fix something what's not broken."
I don't think audio feedback for playable cards are a good idea, that will cause people thinking less in the games where thinking isn't even that much present, and that's something rs games is known for, enter enter and enter without even having to read the game informations. If in 99 current score is 55 you are the one who should pay attention to what you are playing and what are you looking at, in the reality you won't have beep sounds to tell you whether it's playable or not.

Dernière édition par Vojvoda, 19.05.2021 11:42

173. Nikola,

Imagine Uno with interceptions where you constantly go back and forth across your cards, and where playable cards with fast players change within seconds. This sound would not only be completely useless and annoying, but would also very often be inaccurate too, especially in group games. I'm having a very hard time understanding what is difficult in figuring out your playable cards in Uno.

When it comes to sounds, what would rather be cool is in Duck racing, when you press v and go over the board, make a small click when a square has a card dropped on it, which would allow you to quickly skim over the board and just look at the squares with cards on them.

174. Emrah20,

Nikola, Your idea with Duck racing is great. But also I agree about Uno with interception variant, that It'll be very anoyable. That's right.

175. jackson95,

I also agree about the interceptions. It would be even more annoying if you are playing with buzzers, you would hear a lot of extra sound because you can play whatever you want after a buzzer so cards are constantly changing with intercepting buzzers and changes in a persons turn.

176. YNWA,

It is possible to delay the buzzer so you are only prompting people who aren't playing. Afterall, you only want to prompt people who don't realise it's their turn.

177. Emrah20,

Hello.
I have noticed also following errors in GNU go engine.
Error #3939 ! Si le problème persiste, veuillez quitter cette table et en recréer une nouvelle / If the problem keeps happening, please leave this table and recreate a new one
Please, could You look at It, or did You know about this issue?

178. Nikola,

Hello,
for Go, Aminiel said multiple times that it is necessary to send the entire game history in order for such errors to be resolved, not only the error number or just the last move.

179. Emrah20,

OK and how to send a full history? I know, how to copy messages from history, but It is very long process.

180. Nikola,

Hello,
when you press alt plus 2, you will switch to the game view. Just press f9, then choose copy current view, which will copy all game messages, you can just paste somewhere and edit in case you have played something else before.
Additionally, the history edit field is standard, you can just use normal Windows selection commands to copy.

Dernière édition par Nikola, 20.05.2021 21:13

353 messages, 12 pages:  1; 4 56 7 8; 12 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.

Mot de passe perdu ? Créer un compte