Christmass Uno Boys vs Girls tournament

29 Mensagens, 1 Páginas:  1 ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Pontuação: +9

1. BadGirl,

Dear boys, dear girls,
competition fans,
keep your ears open!

Christmas is almost here and we have decided to organize a little Christmas uno tournament for you.
To make it a little bit more special, we decided to repeat the format that we have already done a long time ago, i.e. the girls vs. boys format. It's time to break down the preconceived notion that boys are better at this game. Or is it time to confirm them, muhaha.
The tournament will take place this Sunday, December 18 and possibly Monday, December 19, at 5pm CET. If you're not sure what time it is for you, please click this link.
We know there are not many days left until the tournament time. We are counting a bit on uno being so popular that we will hopefully still reach a reasonable amount of players. If time is an issue, we will move the tournament to early next year.
Please let us know who would be interested.
We will tell you about the rules soon.

Badgirl and Hajaja.

Pontuação: +2

Última edição por BadGirl, Dec 13 2022 19:45:06

2. tasneem,

hello it's so interesting. i'm in. but it would be good if you anounce the score limit and other rules

Pontuação: +0

Última edição por tasneem, Dec 14 2022 06:32:52

3. unolover,

iwill play

4. little_fox,

Hi, count me in :D

5. PabloSolari ,

I Will play: xd

Pontuação: +1

6. Marina,

Count me in :)

7. BadGirl,

Please guys, just in case, write in which tournament you want to take a part. It is not always so clear for me who is a boy and who is a girl here. Thank you in advance.
It will be also easier to talk about rules if we know more or less how many players we have. But Don't expect any super surprises. It will be rather pr standard.

8. Mrityunjay,

M, count me in.
Edit: Unfortunately I couldn't participate due to internet. Good luck everyone.

Última edição por Mrityunjay, Dec 14 2022 13:29:59

9. ilhan,

count me in

10. Nikola,

Hello,
I was just thinking about this type of a tournament a few weeks ago and how it was once organized and unfortunately never again, so as one of a few people who participated in the first one, I would definitely like to do so again.

Best of luck with organization as this one can be particularly tough...

11. tasneem,

hi i'm girl

12. Ryo-Bee,

Hi. I will like to participate and I am a boy. but only if we can simply do two days on Saturday and Sunday. I won't be able to spend more than 3 hours on Sunday which will be the minimum if all matches are attempted to be played at once.

13. gfriha,

Count me too as a girl, please :)

14. Guitasma,

Hi, good afternoon. I'm signing up for the 1 tournament. Thank you.

15. BadGirl,

I am happy for people who already signed up. Please, let know your friends, as time is Really limited. More girls is more than welcome. But thank you to all!

16. liam-ggaster,

hi,count me in

17. beeko,

count me is a boy

18. Naday,

I'm a good girl. Count me in.

19. midomidomido,

hi, count me in please

20. unolover,

count me I am a girl

21. Quintin-D,

I would like to participate as a boy

22. ibraheemmohsen,

Hi.
I want participate as a boy.

Pontuação: -1

23. Ssanni,

count me in please here it's I am a boy but if already to much boys I don't mind if you put me to the girl side :D

24. Adventure-Time,

Yoooo awesome people,
Thanks again to everyone who registered for the tournament, we're very pleased to see so much interest. So far we have a majority of guys, so ladies ladies, step up your game, we're waiting for you!

In order to fine-tune the format of the tournament and inform you in time, we would like to close registration this Saturday at 17:00 CET, the same time as the opening of the tournament the following day.

A little about the rules. We'll start with what's clear and what we don't plan to change yet. We play the established and popular uno with straights, interceptions and super interceptions. Because Badgirl extremely hates time limits, we'll play with a time limit of 6 seconds for the entire tournament, and the score limit for the first round will be 400 points. We are very sorry that we did not specify these ground rules at the beginning. We hope we didn't surprise or disappoint anyone.

As for the overall format, we haven't made a final decision yet. As mentioned above, this type of tournament requires a slightly different approach, so we would like to wait until we know the final number of guys and girls. We can at least briefly introduce you to our current idea of the competition, which seems the easiest to grasp at the moment. We would divide the participants into two basic teams of boys and girls. The two teams will first play separately, this way at the end there will be a best representative or representatives for the boys and for the girls. They will then finally compete in the second part of the tournament and eventually earn their team the victory. We are not saying any numbers yet, this is just an outline and we might still revise it and organize it in a different way. Of course, we also welcome feedback from your side, either privately or here in this thread. In the meantime, just hang in there and don't worry, we'll get back to you soon with more specific information.

In the first post of this discussion you'll soon find the current list of participants, which we'll be keeping up to date. Please check it out and let us know if anyone disagrees with the gender they were assigned. :D

That's all for now, thanks for reading, keep playing, keep training, but also eat and drink and most importantly make sure you get regular sleep to keep fit. Sleep is a great thing. Wake up on Sunday though.
Cheers,
Hujaja and Badgirl

Última edição por Adventure-Time, Dec 15 2022 19:08:58

25. Livi,

Count me in, please.

26. Epic_Krrish,

Count me in as well. I would like to participate.

27. Adventure-Time,

Yoo,
here I am with the long awaited draw and instructions.

21 of you have signed up in total, we got 15 boys and 6 brave girls uh oh, stay strong and united.

Or not really united, since we're just going to split you into 2 groups of three. The boys team will also be divided into five groups, each containing 3 players.

These five groups go as follows, the first player should be the table master:
Group a: Ilhan, Guido, Nightwind
group b: Abyss, Ihfkr566, Ibraheemmohsen
group c: Hajaja, Ryo-Bee, DannySani
group d: Fiery_Krrish, Liam-Ggaster, Quintin-C
group e: Nikola, Midomidomido, Duki

And here are the two groups of the girls team:
Group a: Badgirl, Gfriha and Tasneem
Group b: Mmarina, Naday and Livi

In the beginning all the groups will play their duel matches where everyone plays with everyone. After there are two winner girls and 5 boys, we'll have to choose one unlucky winner for the boys whose score difference between them and the opponent was the smallest, so there are four winners. The first winner will then play against the last one and the second against third, so only two winners remain. And then in the semi-final, the two teams finally clash and we continue in classic fashion until we finally discover who's the first man or the first lady of uno.

If something is unclear, please message us here or privately. Good luck to all participants and hope to see you today, let's beat those girls. :D

Cheers
Hajaja

28. BadGirl,

First officially:
I am pleassed to inform, that girls are winners of our uno tournament.

1 Place:
gfriha
2 place:
Livi
3 place:
Nikola

Congratulations

29. Marina,

Save the winner’s honor
Petition to Badgirl and Hajaja, tournament organizers
We, the undersigned, are opposed to the proposed current ranking of the tournament winners, which does not have a clear explanation of how it was calculated, and which is also unfair to Quintin-c. We call on the tournament organizers to:

1. Explain the motif behind the proposed ranking of the tournament, and why was Quintin-c excluded of the ranking, and why was Nikola put at the third place instead.
  2. Modify the ranking to actually exclude a third place, since guys all lost badly, and two places are enough with a tournament with such a small number of participants
  3. Fully consult with tournament participants on any future proposals for rankings.

The tournament was a fun way to prove the known fact: girls play Uno better than boys; they have won the first two places and presented great matches. Moreover, in two later matches played post tournament, where Nikola played against Quintin-C, the scores were as follow:

• Scores: Quintin-C: 288. Nikola: 540.
  • Scores: Quintin-C: 59. Nikola: 565.

Therefore, we are waiting for the fast and prompt response to this issue.
Mmarina, First free table office, 77777, Playroom.

Sources: HYPERLINK "https://www.resourcecentre.org.uk/information/organising-a-petition/" Organising a petition | Resource Centre

Pontuação: +4

29 Mensagens, 1 Páginas:  1 ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Responder ao tópico

Você deve estar conectado para poder postar.

Esqueceu sua senha? Criar uma conta