Uno tournament, Playroom world cup January edition congratulations to the champion, Guido!

28 Mensagens, 1 Páginas:  1 ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Pontuação: +17

1. Nikola,

Hello all,
as we already discussed in the world cup topic, we will play a tournament at the end of each month.

For January, the majority chose Uno.

The tournament will start on January 28th, at 6 PM central European time. If you are not sure what time this is in your country, either ask me, or visit this link. This will also be the standard time for all other tournaments of the world cup, unless it is necessary to change the time.

We will play with the rules which are typical for the English server, plus 2 and plus 4 responses, straights, interceptions, super interceptions and bluffs.

Since this is a popular game, I expect many more players, but as usual, the minimum is 12 to 16.
Regardless of the numbers, the players will be divided into groups, and will play against each other on saturday, January 28th. The score limit for the group stage will be 450. We will also have a time limit of 5 seconds to start.
In the knockout stage on sunday, January 29th, the score limit will increase to 500, with the time limit decreasing to 4 seconds.
In the final match, we will increase the score limit by 100 so that it reaches 600, and the limit will be 3 seconds.

Once again a reminder, to register, write a message in this topic and mention the country you are coming from, either here or privately to me.

The registrations will definitely close on Thursday, January 26th. The draw and final participants will also be announced on that day. As a reminder, we will try to accept registrations in such a way as to not have a huge amount of players from one country compared to all the others, so make sure to register quickly. Players who register first from a given country always have the priority, in case that country receives a large number of registered players.

I would also like to use this opportunity to thank you all for your support and your interest. Even if your favorite game wasn't chosen this time, don't be discouraged, we still have many more tournaments to hold.

Hello all,
thanks for a great group stage.

Even though we had quite a surprising amount of absent people, other players were ready to jump in and replace them, and a special thank you goes to them as well.
I paste below the draw for the knockout stage, don't forget to come tomorrow at the same time if you passed the group stage, and if not, come anyway to watch some great games. Either way I wish you the best of luck!

Reminder: tomorrow, we are playing with a score limit of 500 points and a time limit of 4 seconds all the way until the final game.

Quarterfinals:

1. Ryo-Bee VS CocodriloDePeluche,
  2. Marina VS Angelina-princess,
  3. Guido VS Blaise,
  4. Nikola VS Gfriha

Good luck!

Pontuação: +2

Última edição por Nikola, Jan 14 2023 00:02:34

2. Epic_Krrish,

I will represent Fiji, please put me in, Thanks and all the best.

Pontuação: +1

Última edição por Epic_Krrish, Jan 14 2023 00:09:19

3. unolover,

I will be repzenting canana

4. mohammed_albasha,

pleas add me , cuntory Egypt

Pontuação: +0

5. Ryo-Bee,

Put me in for Trinidad&Tobago

6. midomidomido,

hi, please count me in,

egypt.

7. El-Dragon,

I play, from Argentina for the world

Última edição por El-Dragon, Jan 14 2023 10:49:36

8. Urh2006,

Count me in! I'm from Slovenia.

9. Marina,

Count me in, I'll be representing Listenbourg.

10. liam-ggaster,

add me in ,conturi sudan

Pontuação: +2

11. Guitasma,

Hi, I'm signing up for the tournament. i'm from Argentina

12. ibraheemmohsen,

I want to join, my country is Yemen, but I live in Saudi Arabia. so choose.

Pontuação: -2

13. cristina ,

Hello, please put Claudiu in. He'll be representing Roumania. Thanks!

14. saad.almasry,

pleas count me

15. Destranis,

I'll be representing Hungary, although me as a representer won't bring any good to this little country but let's go, I'm in.

16. Chopin,

I'll be representing Bolivia

17. blaise97,

hello,
count me in, i am from canada.
thanks.

18. Dentine,

Hi, please add me to the league as well. Dentine from USA.

19. Nikola,

Hello all,
thank you for your registrations so far, keep them coming!

On thursday, more about the draw/format will be announced.

A final reminder not to forget to write the country you will be representing.
@saad.almasry If you want to be included, please specify your country. Your privacy settings also don't allow anybody except your friends to message you, thus why I had to ask it publicly.

This also allows me to remind everybody to make sure that on the tournament day, at least everybody can invite you, and not your friends only.

20. Cappuccino,

Hi, I'd like to participate, and I'll represent Germany.

21. FlatWhite,

Hey, count me in as well. I'll be representing Belgium but the French-speaking part

22. saad.almasry,

Hello, I want to join, I am from Egypt

23. Nikola,

Hello all,
as explained earlier, the registration is now officially closed.

For this tournament, we took twenty players, amongst them those who signed up first had the priority. There are no more than two players representing the same country this time. Thus, if you aren't included, it is either because you signed up too late, or because two players are already representing your country.
These players will be divided into four groups of five players. This means that for saturday, each individual player has four matches to play, so please don't leave until you have completed all of them.
The best two players from each group will advance to the knockout round on sunday, leaving us with eight players.

Since it is very important to rank every match, please send all results to me, either after all matches of your group have been played, or progressively, as you prefer.

For everybody who isn't in the draw, I advise you to show up as well, since based on the past experience, it is very likely you will get your chance to play as well.
The draw is now in the updated first post, but I am copying it here as well. The first player of a group is also the one responsible for managing the table:

group 1:

1. Fiery_Krrish,
  2. CocodriloDePeluche,
  3. Guido,
  4. Tasneem,
  5. Claudiu,

group 2:

1. Blaise,
  2. Dentine,
  3. Ibraheemmohsen,
  4. Liam-ggaster,
  5. Aloysius,

Group 3:

1. Ryo-Bee,
  2. Urh2006,
  3. El-Dragon,
  4. Basti,
  5. Mohammed_albasha,

Group 4:

1. Nikola,
  2. Unolover,
  3. Midomidomido,
  4. Marina,
  5. Destranis

Good luck to everybody!

24. Marina,

Let's see the draws.

25. Nikola,

Hello all,
thanks for a great group stage.

Even though we had quite a surprising amount of absent people, other players were ready to jump in and replace them, and a special thank you goes to them as well.
I paste below the draw for the knockout stage, don't forget to come tomorrow at the same time if you passed the group stage, and if not, come anyway to watch some great games. Either way I wish you the best of luck!

Reminder: tomorrow, we are playing with a score limit of 500 points and a time limit of 4 seconds all the way until the final game.

Quarterfinals:

1. Ryo-Bee VS CocodriloDePeluche,
  2. Marina VS Angelina-princess,
  3. Guido VS Blaise,
  4. Nikola VS Gfriha

See you tomorrow!

26. blaise97,

let's see the result!

27. Nikola,

Hello,
thanks to everybody for playing the first tournament of the world cup!

I would like to congratulate Guido, who defeated Ryo-bee in the final match and won the tournament. This marks Argentina as the first champion!
Well done.

The rankings of each country will be posted tomorrow in the main world cup topic, as well as a new poll for the February tournament.

I hope you had fun, and looking forward to seeing you again in February!

Pontuação: +3

28. prabhu,

congratulations

28 Mensagens, 1 Páginas:  1 ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Responder ao tópico

Você deve estar conectado para poder postar.

Esqueceu sua senha? Criar uma conta