Duck racing tournament

23 Mensagens, 1 Páginas:  1 ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Pontuação: +1

1. Nikola,

Hello everyone,

thanks to some wonderful inovation by our developer, the Duck racing game has again received some improvements, in the form of many more speed based duels. To celebrate this, I was planning to organize a Duck racing tournament, which will take place in 2 weeks, that is, Saturday May 21st and Sunday May 22nd.
For this tournament, the idea is to have a group stage, and following that, a classic eliminations stage, but I'll go into greater detail about all of that once we establish the number of players who register and general interest for the tournament. Every game will however be in the form of 1 VS 1.

The tournament will be played on the peaceful Pond board, with 15 seconds of thinking time for quiz questions, and the number of laps in the group stage being 3, in the elimination stages 5, and for the final match, we will be running a race of 7 laps.
Important note: We will keep all duels enabled, except the first two, that is, rock paper scissors and dice duel will be disabled. Please note that at this time, all speed based duels are unplayable from a smartphone unless you have an external keyboard, so please join either from your PC, or from a phone with an external keyboard for the best experience.

For both days, the tournament will start at 6 PM British / 1 PM Eastern time. 15 minutes before the starting time, we will host a free table where all tournament participants will be invited.
If you are unsure about the correct time for your country, you can always visit this link to find out.

As usual, the first post will contain an up to date list of participants who are definitely registered. From past experiences however, there are usually a few absent people, so even if you aren't on the list, as long as you are there, the chance of playing and replacing somebody is still quite high.

For any questions, either reply here, or contact me on the Playroom.

Good luck. Looking forward to some great games!

Currently registered participants:

1. Nikola,
  2. Basti,
  3. olteanca_dolanescu,
  4. Qais,
  5. ethan714,
  6. moataz,
  7. Tiger_Krrish,
  8. Stenaldo,
  9. Naday,
  10. Pangeran_antartika,
  11. barbi,
  12. satya,
  13. Aurora_borealis,
  14. Sylphrena,
  15. phoenix009,
  16. prabhu,
  17. Mogo,
  18. baileys

Última edição por Nikola, May 7 2022 23:30:05

2. Qais,

Hello, Count me in, Thanks.

Pontuação: +0

3. moataz,

please Count me thanks

4. Epic_Krrish,

Put me In also, thanks.

5. Stenaldo,

Good luck with the organization and I'd like to join as well!

6. Naday,

I'm in!

7. Pangeran_antartika,

hello, count me in, thanks

8. barbi ,

count me in

9. satya,

hello, I would like to join thanks

10. Aurora_borealis,

hello, please count me in

11. Sylphrena,

Important note: We will keep all duels enabled, except the first two, that is, rock paper scissors and dice duel will be disabled.

I'm convinced, count me in.

12. phoenix009,

I'd like to take part as well. Count me in.

13. prabhu,

at least with curiosity questions, I hope to get feathers, :d so take my name too

14. aims,

I would like to join also, thanks

15. Leeo,

Hello, Count me in, Thanks

16. alsahad ,

Hello! I like join in the tornoment!

17. Nikola,

Hello all,

thank you very much for registering so quickly and for your interest.

Unless something major changes, and by this I mean many more people register, the tournament will be played with 18 people. These 18 people will be divided into 6 groups of 3. From all these groups, 1 person will advance to the eliminations stage. This gives us a total of 6 people, plus 2 lucky losers randomly selected, giving us a total of, I'd hope you don't need me to say that otherwise you are going to lose all math duels.
From there, it's a simple format of quarter/ semi / final where you are eliminated as soon as you lose a game.

The group stage will be finished on Saturday, and the entire tournament on the next day.

The definitive format will be concluded on next Wednesday, that is, 18th of May, where we will definitely close registrations and post the groups. I'm primarily posting this in advance, so people can suggest anything / tell me that this format sucks.

An alternative idea I was also thinking about is dividing 18 people into, again, 6 groups of 3, however with 2 people advancing, giving us 12. Then, playing another group stage with 4 groups of 3, again with 2 people advancing, giving us a total of 8 and preparing us for the elimination stage. The primary reason against this is that ideally, in this case, we would need to finish 2 group stages in one day, and the time being late for some people, this could be quite long and take a while to finish both groups.
That being said, feel free to comment if you rather prefer this alternative format instead without lucky losers.

Thanks once again for registering, and especially for everybody listed in the first post of the topic (which has now been updated to include everybody definitely registered ), hoping to see you there next Saturday. For everybody else, you should definitely show up too. Not only do you get a chance to potentially replace somebody, but if not, you will hopefully be able to enjoy watching some great and exciting races.

Última edição por Nikola, May 11 2022 21:41:06

18. Abdulmajeed,

Hi!
count me

19. prabhu,

if only two players play the game, then there will be more than one winner in each group and the best performance have to be considered from each group, my suggestion would be, instead of two people playing the game, all three players can play the game for three times and if anyone can manage to win twice, they should be moved to the next round.
pardon me for understanding anything incorrectly

Última edição por prabhu, May 14 2022 21:17:54

20. pilote,

Count me in

21. Ssanni,

count me please

22. Mohammedradwan2003,

i am in

23. unolover,

can u count me in

23 Mensagens, 1 Páginas:  1 ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Responder ao tópico

Você deve estar conectado para poder postar.

Esqueceu sua senha? Criar uma conta