Remedy to poor-spirited players leaving games when their loss is certain

20 Mensagens, 1 Páginas:  1 ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Pontuação: +0

1. BhavyaShah ,

Dear all,
I am an active player of the game Monopoly in particular, on the QuentinC's Playroom.
I have played games with a variety of players, as well as bots, and been the spectator of numerous ones as well.
Often, when I am just about to win the game or my victory is readily obvious, for e.g. when my opponent lands on a hotelled property such as a blue in the regular boards, and the even stronger ones in the Super Board of 12 Nations, they have to pay a massive amount to me. If they haven't any equally powerful properties, then, it becomes almost fully certain that the they aren't going to be victor in the game.
In such cases, many spiritless and cowardly players simply leave the table without a warning, and I am left hanging. I would like to leve those folks unnamed for now, although, may name if required later.
What is the appropriate remedy to this problem beyond my control?
It is absolutely annoying and pestiferous when you have played a long game of Monopoly with great strategy and tactfulness just to be concluded by leaving of your pusillanimous opponent.
There could be one of the following resolutions:

• Aminiel may implement an option whereby the leaving of a player indicates him quitting and automatically declaring the rest remaining person as winner.
  • In the above proposition, if one of three or more player leaves, the game is declared to be quit and lost by the person leaving the game continues between the remaining two or more players.
  • Perhaps, the admins may want to excogitate writing to these players if I name them (and even send History Reports if required) to not perform such poor-spirited actions being a Playroom member and to admit victory and loss with equal amount of graciousness and acceptance.
  • I hope my fellow Playroomers may understand my situation, and, although I am not whining about, I surely am sharing this incredibly irritating problem with you.
    Getting back to fun gaming and casual chatting on the Playroom... :D (grin)
    Best Regards,
    Bhavya Shah.

2. LaraStardust,

hey there
I can imagine how annoying this can be!
Personally I'd just say, well they quit, so i won, and get very smug in my victory.
But perhaps, the admins could impliment person leaves bott replaces?

3. keyWasFull,

this is also a problem with chess, and an arguably more important one due to the way the rating system works here. Here is a sollution that might work:
If you have a legitimate reason for leaving the game, you can send an anull game request to the other player. If he accepts, the game is anulled (i.e. no one wins). If he declines, the game continues. If you quit anyway, the game is recorded as a loss for you
If there are more than 2 players and one of them sends an anull request, there should be three options: 1) anulling the whole game, 2) allow the game to continue and don't count the game as a loss for the player who left, or 3) allow the game to continue, but count the game as a loss for the other player. At least half of the other players, +1, must agree on the decision. So if someone requests to anull in a 3 or 4 player game, all the other players must agree on the decision. But if it is a 5 player game, only 3 of the remaining 4 players have to agree.

4. Exink,

Hello,

As Aminiel has said in previous times, simply ignore them; they aren't more than bad losers without remedy.

The admins have knowledge about this issue, but I don't know if they are going to do something about it at the future. It would be interesting add like you have said their leaving as a losing in the game, but what about if someone is disconnected due to net troubles? For example in games like uno.

Well, I only gave my opinion, like always the admins have the final word. Regards.

5. LaraStardust,

that's actually a good idea keywasful, or i'd add where you send a leave request and the i=options are
end game with current scores,
end game loss to other player,
save table

6. YNWA,

In chess you can resign, in snooker you can Conceed and of course in poker Texas holdem you can fold so those options can be added.

7. BhavyaShah ,

Dear Keywasfull,
I agree with your implementation idea.
Also, I extend my thanks for your kind understanding of one's annoyance.
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah.

8. LaraStardust,

hey um, sorry if i spell it wrong... bavya sha?
would you mind shortening the topic a little? i mean title its just... f dunno for others but for me its like wo loads of text and all i wanna know is if someone has commented lol

at YNWA folding doesnt quit the game though
and i love keywasful's idea

9. keyWasFull,

@ ynwa the problem is that people don't resign beacuse they kjow it makes them lolse the game, so they just quit.

10. LaraStardust,

in which case a bott should replace them, or it should be a victory for the aposing player, if more than one plaer is involved, then the game continues with out them anyway

11. BhavyaShah ,

I will look into shortening the thread title. Actually, could you instruct me as to how exactly to achieve the same?
Also, no bot should replace the left player. Instead, the player when atttempting to leave a game midway must be presented with a dialog choosing whether to confirm them quitting the game or not. If they choose to quit, the game is declared as a loss for them in their statistics, and the remaining if is one player is declared the victor and if more than one, the game continues.
Just my suggestions...
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah.

12. afrim,

I promise you, this can happen in all 14 or 15 or 16 or 17 games we've got here. It happened to me many times. Also when you say something during the game, they may leave as well. My suggestion is, play with those whom you really know, and if you have a company of friends, form up a team, and you're ready to go.

13. The-white-dove,

It happened to me many times so I can understand your frustration, but Agree with Afrim, in present that's the best we can do.

Best regards

Teardrop

14. LaraStardust,

your instructions bavya sha
go to the web forum [ctrl f2]
go to your topic
click edit on your first post, i think...
If you were looking for a suggestion for the thread name, maybe solution for bad losers? lol

its a shame really that people cant just realize its a game and stomach the loss

15. BhavyaShah ,

Dear dardar,
Your instructions have been followed - however, I've chosen another shortened subject for the thread.
Thanks again for your lucid steps.
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah.

16. LaraStardust,

no problemo, just makes it easier for people to see who commented
when,

17. gaurasuryavanshi,

yes, that's annoying. I also have experienced this, and from now, when someone leaves my table without warning or for such a reasons, I am blocking him. thats not fair? that's the game. the players must wait until the game finishes, no matter whether they will win or will lose. I also can imagine how annoying it is.. but unfortunately, we can't do anything to stop this. just I am blocking everyone who's doing a things like that.

18. BhavyaShah ,

Well. Your methodology of dealing with 'bad losers' as we can call them is quite interesting.
But, then again, the number of players with whom we could play would also gradually minimize.
There are heaps of folks of this kind on the Playroom, and an anulling, drawing and quitting option would be the most fulfilling solution since it would allow the winners to get what they deserve and make the decision on mutual terms.
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah.

19. afrim,

I told you, play with those whom you really know and play with those mates who are strong at playing games. That's what I do. I invite 3 or 4 friends whom I know to be good, challenging and cheerful and everything goes well.

20. LaraStardust,

its a fool proof method. So erm, how do you do it? lolol jk

20 Mensagens, 1 Páginas:  1 ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Responder ao tópico

Você deve estar conectado para poder postar.

Esqueceu sua senha? Criar uma conta