Spellcheck on the Windows client

2 Mensagens, 1 Páginas:  1 ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Pontuação: +1

1. Nikola,

hello,
this is halfway a post about suggestions and comments, and halfway a bug report, at least from the way it looks to me.

I'm not sure when this was implemented, I would guess in 3.0.3, but it would appear as if the Windows client now has a spellcheck feature. Here are some of my thoughts about it and possible improvements for a future client update.
From what I have observed, it's directly using your Windows keyboard language, since I can switch it both to English and Serbian by just switching the keyboard, and it's not affected by the Playroom language, which is a good thing.

However, spelling errors are never automatically reported by my screen reader, in this case NVDA, even if the appropriate option is enabled in document formatting settings and seems to work in other apps.
If I do a test, and write helo using the English keyboard, and then focus on this word and open the context menu, I can see suggestions for spelling corrections. If I pick one, everything works great here and the word is replaced, although it's a little useless not knowing what is misspelled in the first place.
Opening the context menu does cause one small problem however. From what I have observed, the spellcheck works only in multi line edit fields, such as forum and permanent messages. In here, typically a dialog opens with ok / cancel buttons. If a spelling suggestions context menu was previously invoked, it is necessary to press the ok button twice to close the dialog, instead of just once like when you aren't using the spellcheck feature. The same is true for the cancel button of course.

A final question for now, is there a reason why this wasn't implemented for single line text fields as well, like the chat / status message entry?

Thanks for your answers.

2. Aminiel,

Hello,

I'm already aware of some of these bugs, that's why I didn't communicate much about it. I imagined that no one would notice it at all...

Sadly I don't know how to fix them, as the feature is proposed by the UI framework I'm using, WXWidgets.

I don't know well why errors aren't read, neither with Jaws nor NVDA. It's even more strange that, in their official examples, spelling errors aren't announced, but in the field just next to it, I can get Jaws to indicate wavy underline.

The need to click twice on OK is also a mystery, I already notified WXWidgets about it.

2 Mensagens, 1 Páginas:  1 ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Responder ao tópico

Você deve estar conectado para poder postar.

Esqueceu sua senha? Criar uma conta