Interesting bug with the latest update in Chess

9 Mensagens, 1 Páginas: 1  ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Pontuação: +0

1. Nikola,

Greetings. First of all, Thanks Aminiel for implementing my Chess suggestions and improving the game. I have noticed that one of the things implemented but not mentioned in the updates topic is also that after a Check mate, the board stays visible on the screen so you can check the entire position. This is really good, but there's one minor oversight. While the board is in focus, a player can press shift n or shift m to abandon the game or request a draw. If his opponent accepts, it will indeed count as another game in statistics, and you can do it as much as you wish. In addition to this, the clock also keeps going while it should of course stop after a Check mate. Finally, to prevent some confusion, perhaps you could make Chess behave the same as connect four and reversi with rounds? That is, after a check mate, announce that the round is over and start the next one in 30 seconds. Keep the board on the screen, and if players wish to look at it the master can pause with shift plus p. If they want to play another game, they simply resume. Right now, you have to stop with X and then start the game, in addition to those two bugs I mentioned.
Thanks for your hard work and dedication to keeping all the games smooth and stable.

2. Aminiel,

Hello,

I'm happy that the news pleased to you. I'll check this problem soon. Thank you for reporting the bug.

3. Rincewind ,

Hi, thank you for the changes.
If I can add one more thing, I don't know if it was meant to be this way, but when a spectator joins a table, the board is not visible at all. Only when we type numbers 1 or 2, that it appears. And the command shift-h to look at the game notations doesn't work till the board has appeared.

Última edição por Rincewind , Mar 15 2020 14:46:22

4. Nikola,

Yes, this is something I can reproduce as well and wanted to report. Not only shift plus h, but nothing actually works. T, C, basically no shortcut until you press a number to switch to either white or black. Previously it was white by default and you could switch if you wish. F11 works as well instead of numbers and that will bring the board up. It's only when you join to spectate the list is empty.

5. Rincewind ,

Hi, thanks.
f11 in my case does not work. And yes, the keys you mentioned don't work for me either.

6. Nikola,

Hello. Another bug in Chess was introduced in the latest updates. It is no longer possible to swap colors at the beginning of the game with the letter H. If you try this, the board stays in white and black view for both players without swapping, and noone can play their turn.

7. spaceship,

if I join the table as a spectator and then the game starts, then there is really no way to get the chessboard and consequently the moves with shift h.
The only thing i can do in that situation is to leave and request the master to invite again.
and it really works there after i press 1 or 2. but not if I join as spectator before the game has started. I have to join somewhere in the middle.

8. Jatayu,

@nikola, the colours actually do swap, you just have to press extra "1 " or "2" to shift your view to that spicific side and then play your turn. so it does swap but the view does not shift.

9. Nikola,

Thanks for that, this indeed works. It should still however be fixed. Previously it was automatic, and I didn't really think of trying to press 2 since that is usually only useful for spectators, so equally I doubt anyone will think of trying that. The way it worked before is if you press H, the board would automatically rotate and the new white could play their turn.

9 Mensagens, 1 Páginas: 1  ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Responder ao tópico

Você deve estar conectado para poder postar.