Blind Characters

4 Mensagens, 1 Páginas: 1  ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Pontuação: +0

1. Maldalain,

Hey all. Would you please list literary works about blindness, or a work in which one main character is blind, or somehow takes blindness as one of its themes? That should include the work and the name of the author. Thanks.

2. Fawaz,

The one novel i remember is
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

3. YNWA,

There is a radio play called Touching the rock by John M. Hull which is about an experience of blindness. It is also a novel and it is possible to google to get info on that title. I know a few years back the RNIB asked this kind of question about blind people and books. I do believe they have this book.

4. Cristina ,

“Louis Braille”: The Boy Who Invented Books for the Blind by Margaret Davidson
It is on Goodreads and on Amazon.
Here’s a few words of their review about this book.
“This book draws the reader into the extraordinary life of Louis Braille, starting from his childhood. It enables you to experience what Louis went through” and could not copy the other sentences.
It’s an interesting book, I warmly recommend it.
I had to read and study it when I participated in a competition for blind people in my country organized by the Association for blind people from Romania.
Here’s a list of other books I readed:
“Maybe Someday” by Colleen Hoover, “Jane Eyre” by Charlotte Bronte, “Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There” by Lewis Carroll, “A Midsummer Night's Dream” by William Shakespeare, “Blindness” by José Saramago.
When I was interested to read such books, I did a search on the internet, found this list then I could find all of them translated in Romanian language.

Última edição por Cristina , Aug 15 2020 15:02:47

4 Mensagens, 1 Páginas: 1  ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Responder ao tópico

Você deve estar conectado para poder postar.