Translation errors and typos

138 сообщений, 5 страниц: 12  3 4 5 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +19

31. sukil,

That is the name of a card, it's misspelled

счёт: +0

32. Naday,

Doesn't matter the phrase. They meant it should be repairing not repearing, the word. There's the typo. And you indeed should play more, just for the fun of the game :D

33. YNWA,

I don't understand what it means so I think a translation error somewhere. Perhaps recuperating may help. Ducks recuperating , meaning they may have been injured/tired and need a rest.

счёт: -2

34. Naday,

If I translate from the Spanish translation it says restful rest lol. So don't think it fits. Perhaps what you proppose is also right, but maybe you'd need to play the game to understand and ensure if it's so... As a non native speaker I can't say much.

35. sukil,

It's a card which gives you some feathers when you use it. It forces you to skip several turns, that's why it's named that way. My point was not (and still is not) that the name was incorrect, rather that it's "repairing" instead of "repearing", as it appears right now. I have no idea about the correctness of the translated name.

36. Naday,

Small and not so important typo. When writing a status message you get this: Type in your new status message (max. 90 characters) :
I think there should be no spaces between the right parenthesis and the colon.

счёт: +2

37. Robert-smith,

how about this? IN Rummy and Dominos, you can now see howw many cards your opponents have by pressing E. many people see it but not paying attention I guess.

счёт: -1

38. slann-tonic,

A big translation error i've been noticing is that when you send a friend request, the confirmation message sais: the demand has been sent to x, where x is the name of the user you sent the request to. it should say that the request has been sent, because what you are sending is a friend request. a request is something that you ask politely. doing this is not a demand, because a demand is something that you ask with arrogance or as the word says, in a demanding tone, as if the other person had the obligation to accept you or something. when you demand something, it means that the other person has to do what you want. for example, the law demands that every teenager presents themselves to the army before graduating.

счёт: +1

39. sukil,

Likely a false friend from French, where demander is to ask or request

40. YNWA,

yes request is better than demand but i think this point has been made before.

41. slann-tonic,

yeah, @sukil it is a false friend.

42. bon-kinus,

yes, what @cristina says is true. in duck racing the word earth is wrong, because earth reffers to the planet, and not to the place where we put our feet.
what we walk on is the ground, so ground would be the correct word in this sense.

43. YNWA,

Earth is known as soil and it says it is a little sticky meaning it is wet, we call that muddy hence staying it is sticky. You can say the ground is muddy.

44. Nikola,

In duck racing, earth was already changed to ground a few updates ago. As for request and demand, this is correct. Demand should be replaced by request in all cases.

45. Aminiel,

I have replaced all occurrences of demand by request as suggested. Demanddd is indeed a false friend in french.

46. eathan,

induct racing, the Square North Pond reads correctly. Maybe a correction should be done for south pond? Because as of now it reads as pond south.

47. Khal,

in duck racing, sandbox square, Why not playing a little? Why not play a little?

48. slann-tonic,

also, in 1000 miles when you junk a card, for example, an accident card, end of count sense or anything starting with a vowel, it says. you junk a end of speed limit card.
it shoud be, you junk an end of speed limit card, taking into account that everything starting with a vowel is preceded by the indefinite article an. an accident, an end of speed limit, an end of count sense, etc.

49. YNWA,

According to the staff list we now have 3 people working on the translation part so perhaps things will improve.

50. Aminiel,

Thank you for pointing out about the undefined article "a" vs. "an", but it is totally impossible to fix it quickly. Sorry.

I'll have a look at other errors, thank you for reporting them.

51. YNWA,

Maybe not quite a translation error but it does say Yahtzee can be played by 2 to 12 players when it will allow 16 players to play.

52. bon-kinus,

more than a translation error, it would be a ruling error.

53. vindication,

In monopoly it says, "The police is going turned crazy and sends everyone to jail."
Should be "the police has gone crazy and sends everyone to jail."

54. slann-tonic,

or better, the police has gone crazy and has sent everyone to jail.

55. YNWA,

SOME SQUARES OF THE BOARD (not all errors)

Square 3 Front pond (not Pond front)
square 4 Left bank
Square 6 South pond (not pond South)
Square 22 North Pond
Square 25 Right Bank

I will assume that back pond is finnish line.

56. breaker,

veirdles!

57. lucy_light,

Hello all! I noticed something strange in Duck's race: when you step on squares 12 and 15, it says ON water, both letters of the word are capitals. I also have a better translation suggestion up on that, in the water instead of on water, I just think it would sound a little bit smoother. For the thing in Monopoly, I'd rather say the police is going crazy and sends everybody to jail. That's everything I noticed. If I'll find more, I'll help you out. Have a great day!

Последнее изменение lucy_light, 24.08.2020 12:29:05

58. YNWA,

You have 12 and 15 on the water but 24 off the water so I would make them the same as 24 and include "the" as previously suggested.

59. Jatayu,

Hello, i found another one in 1000 miles:
lussy just made a dirty trick !
I think it would be did a dirty trick may be? or played a dirty trick?
Sorry can't think of anything else, i'm sure there's better grammer for that though than i suggested, the point was to bring this issue to the stalf's attention because in any case the current message isn't correct pritty sure.

60. Nikola,

I think making a trick can be used as an expression, but of course someone can clarify if this is a mistake or not.

138 сообщений, 5 страниц: 12  3 4 5 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.