bug in go

7 poruka, 1 stranica:  1 ↖ Vrati se nazad na listu tema

Skor: +0

1. glad,

I found a bug on go. Can you please solve it. I was playing with a bot. It's your turn.
You play in A1.
It's Billy the kid's turn.
GNU Go error: -9. Please post bug on the forum with relevant information from file debug.txt / Veuillez poster ce bug sur le forum avec les informations utiles présentes dans le fichier debug.txt

Poslednja izmena od strane glad, 2 Jun 2024 15:09:27

2. Nikola,

Hello,
if I had to guess, the Gnugo engine wasn't properly downloaded, but troubleshooting that will, as the message says, require the relevant lines from the "debug.txt" file.

To give the necessary information, could you do the following?

1. Reproduce the bug again.
  2. Open the file "debug.txt". That file can be found by pressing Windows+R to open the run dialog and typing %appdata%\QCGCWX30 or by using a shortcut in your start menu under the Quentin C's Gameroom folder called "Explore parameters", which will open the same folder.
  3. Go to the bottom of that file with CTRL+End and keep going up, looking for the lines that start with Starting go engine, then copy the proceeding lines.

Currently, if there is a bad download (for example, you cancelled the download by mistake), the game with bots will be completely broken. To fix that and redownload the engine, delete the Gnugo folder in the same QCGCWX30 folder just mentioned above and then start another game against a bot.

This is another thing to consider for a future update, the hash should probably always be checked and users shouldn't end up in this state with an invalid download that requires manual deletion.

Feel free to contact me if you have trouble finding the debug file or the relevant lines in the file.

Skor: +1

3. glad,

Starting go engine at C:\Users\Aayushi Sanghvi\AppData\Roaming\QCGCWX30\gnugo\gnugo.exe --mode gtp --never-resign
11:06:02: Error: Execution of command 'C:\Users\Aayushi Sanghvi\AppData\Roaming\QCGCWX30\gnugo\gnugo.exe --mode gtp --never-resign' failed (error 193: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.)
Go engine execution failed: wxExecute returned 0

similar bug is there in chess.when I move as white the bot cant move his peace as black. its strange.

Poslednja izmena od strane glad, 5 Jun 2024 07:52:40

4. Aminiel,

Hello,

AS Nikola have said, the download failed, or maybe execution is blocked by Windows. Delete everything in go and chess folders and try again.

Maybe you should also check that the exe files in the folder aren't blocked. Open file properties (Alt+Enter). If at any moment you find an unblock checkbox or button, click on it, and then OK.

Skor: +2

5. glad,

I dileated the file but when I reinstall for go same problem is there.

6. Nikola,

What happens if you just manually launch the gnugo.exe file? It is in the same Gnugo folder, and if everything works right, it should open a command prompt.
Type exit to close it.

In addition to what Aminiel already said (checking the file properties and whether there is an option to unblock the file), also make sure your antivirus isn't blocking it. The default Windows defender shouldn't cause problems, but if you have another one, it's worth checking...

Skor: +1

7. glad,

the exe file opening cmd and its showing copirite and all the stuff. its running.

7 poruka, 1 stranica:  1 ↖ Vrati se nazad na listu tema

Odgovori na temu

Morate da se prijavite kako biste mogli da pišete

Zaboravljena lozinka? Napravi nalog