TWENTY-FOUR MAN FIVE GAME YAHTZEE TOURNAMENT, scheduled for 09/07/2015

32 Nachrichten, 2 Seiten: 1  2 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +0

1. filibuster ,

Hello!

I am putting together a twenty-four man five game Yahtzee tournament which is scheduled to occurr on Monday, September 7, 2015 at 4:00 P.M. Greenwich Mean Time. Yes, you saw correctly; this tournament will be taking place on Monday. The reason is that here in the United States, it happens to be a holiday and also my day off from work.

The configuration of the tournament and rules are as follows:

1. All twenty-four players will be devided up in to two groups of twelve and placed in to two separate tables;
  2. all players from each twelve man table will compete against each other in a single game setting within their own table, and the six individuals with the highest score from each table will move on to game two;
  3. both six man tables will be united to form one twelve man table, all twelve players will compete against one another in a single game setting, and the six players with the highest score move on to game three;
  4. all six players will participate in a single game setting where they will play against one another, and the three players with the highest score will advance to game four;
  5. the two players with the highest score will advance to game five and;
  6. the player with the highest score wins the tournament.

Should there be fewer than twenty-four interested players, the tournament rules and format will change slightly. Thus, please subscribe to this topic in order to remain cognizant of any changes. If the time needs to be modified so that you can participate, please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you. However, it will be rather difficult to accommodate everyone since we are all in different parts of the world; therefore, please keep this in mind when making such a request.

Aditionally, I would sincerely appreciate it if you would tell your friends about this Yahtzee tournament, not only to drum up interest for this particular one, but for future Yahtzee tournaments, too.

Thanks so much!
Filibuster

Zuletzt geändert von filibuster , Aug 5 2015 01:43:19

2. sopralto,

You already know how I feel...I'm in if the time is moved...I will not play at 8 in the morning :D

3. LaraStardust,

ello!
this sounds awesome, I'd be really interested to play if the time could be moved 3 hours on, at 4 PM GMT
Otherwise I'll not be able to take part because of school.
Thanks!

4. Epic_Krrish,

Yo, I will definitely give it a shot!. count me in!

5. Cristina ,

Hi! i'll still be around in september, so for me it's ok that date. Count me in please. Thanks!

6. filibuster ,

Ok, so I've had two people request that I move the starting time of the tournament to a later time. Are the rest of you fine with this? If so, I will change the time to 4:00 PM GMT, 12:00 PM USA Easter.

Zuletzt geändert von filibuster , Aug 5 2015 18:56:20

7. rauly ,

count me in, i don't care about the time.

8. filibuster ,

Sopralto, Dardar, OneNOnlyKrrish, Kristina and Rauly, you all have been added.

Regarding moving up the tournament start time from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM GMT, if I don't hear any objection by 2:00 AM GMT tomorrow (August 6), consider the time changed, and I will update the topic message as such.

Thanks,
Filibuster

Zuletzt geändert von filibuster , Aug 5 2015 23:12:53

9. MuhammadHajjar,

I'm for sure in, count me please, but let me make sure of the time, so if it not good for me, I'll tell you.

10. filibuster ,

Muhammad_Hajjar, I have added you! But, in which country do you reside? I'm pretty sure that the start time for the tournament will be 4:00 PM GMT as I have still gotten zero objections to the start time being moved.

11. guliwer,

Hello, please count me in.

12. Riad,

hello.
If it'll be 4 PM GMT then count me since I can't guaranty that I make it earlier: my university program for this year has not been set yet.
Regards.

13. wolfi,

I was gonna participate but I didn't know the rules
regards
the-quiet-feelings

14. The-white-dove,

Hello!

Please count me in.

Thanks.

15. wolfi,

sorry I mean I don't know the date

16. aravis,

anything that is between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. gmt is fine with me. i live in kazakhstan, and it's in the gmt+6 time zone. could you count me in as well, please?

17. YNWA,

as long as the die ar rhrhrhrhrhrhrhed then i would like to be added before the bhbhbhbhots beat me to a spspspspot?

18. filibuster ,

guliwer, MR.Riad, teardrop, aravis and YNWA, you all have been added.

The-Quiet-Feelings, the date of the tournament is September 7, 2015 which is a Monday.

Those of you who have given me notice that you want to participate, please feel free to send me a friend request. Because some of us have our settings pllaced to where we don't allow messages from people who aren't on our friends list, I need to have the ability to send you guys a reminder about the tournament a few days before. I realize that some of us will forget about it and make other plans. So, can you all please do me that favor?

Lastly, please bear with me in terms of timely responses to your posts on this forum. I happen to have a full-time job and sometimes might not be able to respond as quickly as some of you would like. I appreciate your patience and look forward to your responses.

Thanks so much,
Filibuster

Zuletzt geändert von filibuster , Aug 7 2015 04:10:39

19. MuhammadHajjar,

I'm the 12th, now, I'll confirm my participation, thank you.

20. filibuster ,

Muhammad_Hajjar, I already counted you.

Zuletzt geändert von filibuster , Aug 7 2015 05:19:49

21. domatricedishirehorse,

Please count me in. Thanks.

22. filibuster ,

domatricedishirehorse, you have been added.

Zuletzt geändert von filibuster , Aug 8 2015 00:50:40

23. MuhammadHajjar,

This is very awesome and exciting, thanks filibuster for the tournament.

24. filibuster ,

You're welcome, Muhammad_Hajjar, and I thank you for joining! The tournament is still a month away, as a result, the likelyhood of more people wanting to join, thus, creating the need for two tables is pretty good. Let's keep our fingers crossed, shall we? I am happily surprised and thrilled that in just three days, twelve people have signed up for this thing. I really did not expect this because Yahtzee is not one of the more popular games on the system. Please tell your friends about this tournament so we can get more people to sign up, and I have change the title of this topic because of heightened interest level.

Thanks,
Filibuster

Zuletzt geändert von filibuster , Aug 8 2015 04:13:59

25. MuhammadHajjar,

Well then, I'll talk to one of my good yahtzee player friend, and I think he'll probably join. Yahtzee is an exciting game that I like so much, so I'm glad to join this.

26. sopralto,

yes, this is a good time for me. :)

27. wolfi,

I want to join but I don't really know if the time will be after noon so that I get back from school like at 4 pm in california and I"ll ask my friend he's really good at yahtzee

28. YNWA,

Have you considered how long this will all take?

2 games with 12 players
2 games with 9 players
1 game with 6 players

Even when i have played with 6 you are looking at between 45 minutes and an hour. When we hosted the Cribbage tournament players have had a break between games while others play their matches but I have not seen any plans here for a rest break. Players will be expected to play 9 consecutive games just to make the final. All in one day. Thank god for Lord sandwitch's invention!

I suggest you have 2 groups of 12 as planned but this time have the top 4 from both tables go through to the second round. That will leave you with 8 players who could play each other at one table. I think this would be much better for everybody!

Zuletzt geändert von YNWA, Aug 8 2015 14:14:11

29. Riad,

Well I've re-read the whole thing again, really a too long game won't be that amazing for the players. I've re-considered everything and the big ability that I may not be at home on the tournament's day. Please remove my suscription, I'm really sorry about that.

30. filibuster ,

Because I've had one person decide to remove himself from the tournament and another person complain about how long he thinks the tournament will be, I have changed the format of the tournament. I will update the topic's message shortly to reflect the change.

Thanks

32 Nachrichten, 2 Seiten: 1  2 ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können