Uno tournament at the Spanish side (July 2nd and 3rd) (champion PabloIranzo, second place clarice-starling)

38 messages, 2 pages: 1  2 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Lieta,

Hi!
I come to invite you to a uno tournament I’m organising at the Spanish side, with the format that is usually used here at the English side. Please, read the post until the end, (I promise you it isn’t very long :D)
The tournament Will take place specifically in 2 days. That means that 15 minutes before the scheduled time, participants Will gather at a free table will be divided in uno tables for the matches to be developed at the same time. The idea is dedicating the first time to the 2 first rounds and the second one the ones that will be left, but it will depend on the time they take.
The beginning idea is to be 32 participants, that would be divided in 8 groups composed by 4 people each other. 2 people would pass to the next round, according to the number of victories and defeats or the points they have got if there is a catch. From the eights, the matches are eliminatory, FOR SURE.
However, there might be les or more people. If we are 16, eights Will be the first round, if we are 24 groups Will have 3 people instead of 4 and if we are 48 there will be a previous round with groups of 3 people, where 2 people go to the normal round where there will be 32 people as it was initially set. If the number of participants is still different, people between 16, 24 or 32 will be kept in mind as replacements just in case someone doesn’t come at the scheduled time.
les for the groups round matches are these: allowed +2 and +4 responses, , interceptions, super interceptions and bluffs, Not allowed skipping turn after drawing, buzzer cards and 0/7 rule. The thinking time Will be limited to 8 seconds and the score reachable for be out of the game Will be 350. The thinking time and the scores Will be decreased and increased respectively at the next rounds , being at the final 5 seconds and 600 points. The tournament will be played in Spanish, but if you and other player agree, you can play your match in English, for sure. We also have dictionaries that have been made for changing the NVDA words from Spanish to English so that English-speaking people can play in Spanish without noticing.
The post is almost finished… The tournament Will take place on July 2th and 3th (Friday and Saturday) at 22:30, Spain time. At this link you can check what will the time be at your country.
https://time.is/2230_2_Jul_2021_in_Madrid
Important! I know everyone have laziness and there may be people that haven’t read the post until the end, so just for make sure that people who join have done it, when you join (because you’re gonna do it, aren’t you?) you have to say in your post a book character you like. You can do it here, or rather for me, at the Spanish side topic. Link here:

http://qcsalon.net/es/forum2000000/topic81311

Last edited by Lieta, Jun 28 2021 00:28:54

2. aidenn,

Count me in, but can you please tell me how much thinking time work out? Because if it’s three seconds, it’s not worth it

3. Lieta,

Hi! Thanks for the interest. No, it won‘t be 3 seconds. At the first round will be 8 and it will be decreased until being 5 at the final.

4. aidenn,

All right I am in, so this takes place tomorrow? Also, my what’s it called character is I think what he from toys story

5. James_Ketchup ,

2nd and 3rd of July which is Friday and Saturday

6. Lieta,

Thanks, James :)
Yeah, on Friday and Saturday, this week.

7. aidenn,

Yeah, it’ll be 4 PM Eastern standard time when the tournaments start so I’ll be able to participate, I’ll be on there at 3:45

8. Rincewind ,

Hi. Count me in. My character would be my username, Rincewind from Discworld

9. Lieta,

Hi, thanks for joining :)
And for thegolom, don‘t know the time at your country, but it is at 022:30 Spain time, so check the minutes if you mind. At the first message there is a link where you can check the time at your time zone

10. aidenn,

Before I say yes to joining, can you tell me how you do the 070? Because if it’s too complex, I’ll have to unfortunately say no

11. Lieta,

What's the 070? If you mean the 0/7 rule, it won't be enabled.

12. bogdanionut,

Hello, Count me in please.

13. aidenn,

You’re in :-), will there be buzzer cards to?

14. Lieta,

No, no buzzer cards, not skipping turn after drawing

15. free-flying-bird,

Hi, count me in, please. braille0109

16. unolover,

can i joyn pleeze

17. aidenn,

You’re in

18. techsavvy,

cool. i would like to participate

19. Lieta,

Hi! First of all, thanks for being interested on the tournament.
But... Could you guys please the whole post? In the post I put something to ensure people read everything saying something specific.
So... Please, you may find it silly but... I wanna make sure everyone knows everything.
Apart from that, I will post later the participants list. Some of you guys are replacements for now, since the tournament was first posted on the Spanish forum, but I‘m sure that at least the majority of you will be able to play.

Thanks a lot! :)

Last edited by Lieta, Jul 1 2021 16:54:47

20. aidenn,

My favorite character is Woody from Toy story

21. Lieta,

Well, it's not a book character, but let's accept that. I hope the other participants that are left can read the post and join like I asked for :/

22. bogdanionut,

My favourite character is Grimalkin from The wardstone chronicles.

23. Lieta,

Hi! Inscriptions are closed. Here is the list of participants that have joined, both here and both at the Spanish side post.
1. Lieta
2. Nicoferreyrarp
3. Naasir
4. Gfriha
5. Diegoelfamoso
6. El-dragon
7. Reklaw
8. Guido
9. PabloIranzo
10. Aitana_cat-01
11. Anait
12. ViquingoMoloon
13. Illium
14. samuel-naranjo
15. osito-kiss
16. Rey_Hades
17. Albaricoque65
18. Yanet
19. Chongo
20. Black123
21. Dani.btr
22. James_Ketchup
23. ¡Captain-nemo
24. Pragma
25. Siren-Lizzie
26. verdolaga16
27. Clarice-starling *
28. Danny_Sani
29. Paulo
30. Ronydasilvadv
31. Jeffe
32. Rincewind

Now the replacements one. Replacements Will become part of a group according to their order when a person is missing. If you are here don’t worry, you’re still likely top lay keeping in mind the format of the tournament.
1. Dain
2. Seth
3. Kolesterol
4. Ceyda
5. Adventure-Time
6. Thegolom
7. Bogdanionut

Eventually, I could count with MagicalKrrish, Braille0109, Unolover and Martia-Purvis if there aren't enough replacements. This is because they joined without reading the post until the end :(.
And now, let’s bring you the information you came to read. Groups will be showed at this link at 01:08 Spain time, what is, in 37 minutes. I Will post them, anyway.
https://echaloasuerte.com/groups/8012e287-576f-4e96-9e80-0a6347aa95b3

Let’s get this started!

Last edited by Lieta, Jul 2 2021 00:31:04

24. aidenn,

Wait, so you’re saying that you’re not gonna let me into the tournament? Find then,

25. Lieta,

Yes, you're a replacement for now but as I told you, it's quite probably you end up playing.
OK now I bring you the groups.
Group 1

Lieta

nicoferreyrarp

Naasir (*)

Danny_Sani
Group 2

yanet

Aitana_Cat-01

diegoelfamoso

ronydasilvadv
Group 3

albaricoque65

Siren-Lizzie

samuel-naranjo

osito-kiss
Group 4

el-dragon

paulo

rey_hades

James_Ketchup
Group 5

gfriha

guido

reklaw

captain-nemo
Group 6

PabloIranzo

ViquingoMoloon

Dani.btr

rincewind
Group 7

verdolaga16

jeffe

pragma

clarice-starling
Group 8

black123

illium

chongo

Anait
*Naasir has told me he won't be ablte to play, so Dain, the first replacement, takes his place.
For ending, I remind you the table will be opened at 22:15 Spain time. I bring back the link where you can check the time at your time zone.
https://time.is/2230_2_Jul_2021_in_Madrid

26. unolover,

my caricter will be anabeth from pursy jaxon

27. aidenn,

Her tournament is today, let’s go :-), I’ll be there at 4:15, Amanda not sure what time it will be in your area but the link that she posted in her first post it should tell you what time it is in your area but I think she would prefer if you sign-on 15 minutes earlier, Then my tournament will be two days after leaders, so warning people who are in my tournament, I will be closing the registration down maybe tomorrow, so get your last minute counts before I close down then tell everyone who the replacement will be

28. Lieta,

Hi! Here comes more info about what we have today.
AS you know, the tournament starts at 22:30, Spain time. Some post above you have a link that shows you the time for your country. The table Will be opened at 22:15, Spain time, maybe a little bit earlier. It will be public, at the Spanish side, so that you can join it.
When groups get completed, they Will go to an uno table, where, no matter the order, they will face each other in 1vs1 matches until everyone has played with the rest of the group. Rules can be found at the first post although I will remind them.
I ask you for sending me the results by PM or permanent message after each match, please, so that I have everything registered.
Enough for now. See you in some hours!

Last edited by Lieta, Jul 2 2021 18:31:19

29. El-Dragon ,

come on, lieta!

30. Lieta,

Thank you :)
OK, a bit accidentally, but groups round is done. Here are the results.
Groupo¡ 1

Lieta (2 victories and una defeat)

Nicoferreyrarp (2 victories and 1 defeat)

Dain (1 victory and 2 defeats)

Ceyda (1 victory and 2 defeats)
Qualified: Lieta and nicoferreyrarp

Group 2

adventure-time (3 victories and 0 defeats)

Kolesterol (0 victories and 3 defeats)

ronydasilvadv (2 victories and 1 defeat)

aitana-cat_01 (1 victory and 2 defeats)
Qualified: adventure-time and ronydasilvadv

Group 3

albaricoque65 (0 victories and 3 defeats)

pikawax (1 victory and 2 defeats)

MagicalKrrish (3 victories and 0 defeats)

osito-kiss (2 victories and 1 defeat)
Qualified: MagicalKrrish and osito-kiss

Group 4

el-dragon (2 victories and 1 defeat)

paulo (1 victory and 2 defeats)

rey_hades (2 victories and 1 defeat)

braille0109 (1 victory and 2 defeats)
Qualified: el-dragon and rey_hades

Group 5

gfriha (1 victory and 2 defeats)

guido (0 victories and 3 defeats)

reklaw (3 victories and 0 defeats)

captain-nemo (2 victories and 1 defeat)
Qualified: reklaw and Captain-nemo

Group 6

PabloIranzo (3 victories and 0 defeats)

ViquingoMoloon (0 victories and 3 defeats)

Dani.btr (1 victory and 2 defeats)

rincewind (2 victories and 1 defeat)
Qualified: PabloIranzo and Rincewind

Group 7

verdolaga16 (0 victories and 3 defeats)

Jeffe (1 victory and 2 defeats)

Pragma (2 victories and 1 defeat)

clarice-starling (3 victories and 0 defeats)
Qualified: clarice-starling and pragma

Group 8

black123 (3 victories and 0 defeats)

illium (1 victory and 2 defeats)

chongo (2 victories and 1 defeat)

Naasir (0 victories and 3 defeats)
Qualified: black123 and chongo

The matches Will become public at 05:47 Spain time, in 33 minutes. I won’t post them tonight, but you will be able to check them here.
https://echaloasuerte.com/groups/8170440f-ec8f-4f56-a0d6-e49457199114
The round Will start at 22:30 Spain time on Saturday July 3rd though the table will be opened before. The rules Will be the same as the ones of groups round, but the score limit to get out of the game will be 400 and all the matches will be necessarily played in Spanish, even though both players are confortable with English.
I apologise for the mistakes I have made this round, I thank specially some people that have helped to make everything better and I say goodbye for now.

38 messages, 2 pages: 1  2 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post