adding an option to the playroom!

40 messages, 2 pages:  12 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

31. The-white-dove,

I totally agree with what Ynwa has just said!!!

Last edited by The-white-dove, Jul 13 2015 23:40:22

32. YNWA,

If you have only 1 mod then of course that person will take the flack. The original idea was to find a person that was able to spend a lot of time in the PR and work in the English section. This person also spoke French. Then after a period they was supposed to then recruit other helpers and train them up too. It was part of the original job description.

If you had six mods for example the jobs could be deligated to those 6 mods. That would lighten the work load for the mods. At first of course you would have to ban a lot but after a while you would have less complaints to deal with so could work on other projects.

Last edited by YNWA, Jul 14 2015 00:00:30

33. Exink,

Unfortunately, our mod is gone and the job which you're mentioning wasn't done. I remember Aminiel's post which said: "We need someone who is able to speak english and french". But there wasn't noderators in spite of that this person has come.

34. Aminiel,

I would like to believe that this gaming platform wouldn't become a paid service altogether, but, just receive some financial funding for what it offers...

If ever things were so easy...
Donations are relatively rare.

But as you have said many times, it would be a bit unfair because there are some players that wouldn't be able to pay like me, due to our age.

Not only that. Paying would in any case always stay only an option, to have additional features.
I'm against to set an obligation to pay for the reasons already exposed elsewhere.

As an user, I have been annoyed a lot by ads on other games and services. I'm strongly against putting any kind of ads on the playroom.
It's a pain for everybody, and it indirectly encourages mass collect of data and thus mass surveillance; something I really don't wish the future to be, and would like to, as far as I honnestly can, try to avoid participating in.

No no no, if I really want to make a paid service of any kind, I must be smarter then that. Ads is the obvious but I must be better.

Anyway, before doing anything seriously involving money, I have still a lot of unanswered questions to solve. Keep quiet, this is not for tomorrow.
The playroom will still stay entirely volontary for a long time, if ever it changes a day.

I know Aminiel you have said that "you don't know anybody you can trust in the English Section" but if you don't by a rafel ticket you will never win the prize. Many of us have offered to help and are serious about it too as we love the playroom.

I'm not alone, and we are very afraid of taking the risk to promote someone we hardly know. We have seen so many bad people that we are getting suspicious.
Unfortunately, as you probably know, if out of 100 people there are 99 good ones and only 1 bad, you will only remember the bad one, but won't the 99 others. Human fatality.

I do think that as this is the section with the majority of users we should be on an equal footing as the French, Italian and Spanish parts of the playroom who have 2, 3 if not more helpers with even less users to serve.

I totally agree, In the ideal world it should be so. We should have done so ages ago. If ever things were so simple...

I see that you are getting bored of the situation regarding helpers topic. Since we posted the initial recruitement, it has been quite a long time and I frankly understand your feeling.
Some people have applied, we successfully received their applications (thank you to them), but things don't seem to move on and nobody, including those who responded to us, got significant answers since then. I think it's gently time to explain to everybody what's going on; the truth, honnestly and completly.
Having still respect for what is currently ongoing right now, I will only be able to tell you everything on 18th of July; this is the date of a certain ultimatum.
However, I'm afraid that we are coming back to the starting square. Honnestly, my hopes ares disappearing as the time is passing.

Last edited by Aminiel, Jul 14 2015 14:33:02

35. LaraStardust,

never give up hope.
Hope is hard do find, hard to trust in, for it was the last in pandora's box, she never let hope go, neither should any of you.

36. YNWA,

Aminiel I can totally understand your stance and thank you for responding to my comments. I do have a suggestion for you but I will write to you about that in private as it is not the right place for the PR. Statistically if 1 out of 100 is bad then you are doing well but it is true one bad experience can have a damaging effect on people and that is the same for the users as well as the staff. Perhaps things have to be handled slowly where you give someone a bit of control and see how they go. If you are unhappy you take it away, if you are satisfied with the job they are doing then you give them more responsibility, that way at least people can see things are going in the right direction even if it is a lot slower than we would like.

37. Raki,

I agree.

38. YNWA,

I have now sent my Suggestion via email and I am hoping we can sort out something satisfactorily so The English part of the platform can move forward. I will just like to add another comment before I finnish up.

Aminiel you said you do not trust people even though you have sent out a request for people to help in the English part but trust works both ways. I know from personal experience I would be reluctant to put my name forward to help out again should there be a further request sometime in the future as I would feel i would be waisting my time. I would feel I would not get selected no matter how good my application was because you feel you can't trust us.

I have already offered to help out in the English section and I have already stated that I wanted to work on The Quiz Party even if it meant I had to write my own questions. All this would have taken up a lot of my free time so I did not go into this lightly.

Last edited by YNWA, Jul 16 2015 23:43:11

39. Exink,

And what happened with 18th July's message?

40. LaraStardust,

yeah for one what happened with that but two, i know this has been said but seriousl a method where you get notified in client when someone posts to a subscribed forum would be super handy

40 messages, 2 pages:  12 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account