wondering about a Dominoes tournament???

12 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. BhavyaShah ,

Dear all,
Since there are so many tournaments regularly conducted by my fellow playroomers on several popular games, I was wondering about Dominoes.
It seems to be the most played game or amongst the top ones.
Has anyone any plans to conduct a tournament on the same?
Dominoes is certainly not one of my favourite games on the Playroom, still, considering its popularity, though of throwing this tournament suggestion to experienced tournament organizers...
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah.

2. YNWA,

Very true there hasn't been one. It is not my favourite game but I think a team one could be an interesting one to do but that will have to wait now the football season is on. Having too many tournaments on at once is not good as we need to keep the users wanting more but who knows!

3. wolfi,

well, once I guess my friend did it, but 1000 miles is also a populer game.

4. BhavyaShah ,

I think 1000 Miles tournament has occurred once?
Ynwa, agreed.

5. afrim,

@Bavya
It would be a good idea mate. Some users are about to start the school so you ought to have something on the cards about this tournament.

6. BhavyaShah ,

Dear all,
As per Afrin's message and suggestion, I want to see the amount of interest in a tournament for Dominoes.
If anyone is keen in a Dominoes tournament being conducted and wishes to participate in it, please express so here.
This simple throw of a wandering idea might just evolve into an actual tournament. :D (smiles)
More precise planning and details and matchups and those parts of the organisation and participation process will be announced later.
Hoping to hear from all of you!

7. LaraStardust,

personally i'd wait, simply because we do have a lot and i mean a lot of tornys going on and have been on they may be getting a little samy. Plus with people going back to school, harder to get times, i'd wait till the end of october so people can have a rest. Jus my opinion

8. Riad,

hmm I think there has been one going around last February, conducted by Braillekid, but I don't know if this tournament was ended or not.

9. wolfi,

yes riad, this is the one I meant, and tournaments like this, it's only for fun in my opinion like farkkle and stuff.

10. BhavyaShah ,

I think I agree with Dardar.
Plus, my schedule now for September is quite tight so I probably will not be able to host one...
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah.

11. aravis,

i do like dominos, but i've never organized any tournament so i won't even try. it's not a question of not being courageous enough, i simply understand i'm not popular in the playroom, so i don't know if i'll even gather a team of helpers, not speaking about the players, but i myself would like to participate in a dominos tournament. one thing i believe would be cool both for tournaments and some daily games is two additional dominos variants, that is, fives and threes which could also be combined into the third variant. a possible drawback of these variants is those variants must be played in 4 directions, not two. i couldn't find a post anywhere in the forum to quote it, but one of them says that the developers didn't think it possible to implement such way of playing domino pieces in 4 directions.

12. YNWA,

with the 5's and 3's you would need to know when the ends are doubles, for example a double 6 on the left end and a double 3 on the right end. I am sure this can be done. it could say 5 and 5 so when you play a double 5 giving 8 points it will then read 5 and double 5 so you know the double 5 is on the right.

12 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account