shortening an UNO message(s)

9 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. BhavyaShah ,

Dear all,
I've recently been playing UNO with sincere regularity to improve my gameplay skills of UNO.
I have observed one quite redundantly long message. I am talking about:
bhavyashah says: interception!
bhavyashah plays a x card.
Could this be shortened to bhavyashah intercepts with a x card.
I see potential speed boosts by contracting these UNO messages to the maximum extent possible.
Note: bhavyashah is my Playroom username used an example for this case as a player and x card is any card used to intercept/super intercept.
If there any other statement abbreviation related suggestions, do post them here.
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah.

2. Raki,

No, because intercepting and playing a card are two different actions and cannot be put into one statement.
Sometimes you intercept but you can’t play a card.
Sometimes 3 or 4 players intercept at the same time.
Also, try not to fully rely on your screen reader and try to rely more on the noises you hear.
For example, when you here the intercepting noise, just press “C” to see what card it is and go from there, there’s no need to see who did it.
Of course, you can press “T” to see whose turn it is.
I’m talking about when playing group games here, remember.
And remember to put your Jaws/nvda to full speed!

3. keyWasFull,

I actually put the interception message into my speech dictionary and made it just not say anything, so I can get to the important information, which is the card that was just played. I also shortened the fail interception message from "x fails an interception and takes 3 penalty points" to "x +3". Everything so that you are read the card fast is good.

4. wolfi,

agree with raki. and nice idea from the other person keywasful

5. LaraStardust,

well said bruh

6. Exink,

Guys, thanks for your suggestions, they are very good. Regards!

7. BhavyaShah ,

Dear raki,
Umm, I would still say that in the context by which I am stating this, intercepting = playing.
As an example, the three players are raki, bhavya and keywasfull.
keywasfull plays a red 2
It's raki's turn.
bhavya says: interception!
bhavya plays a green 2
In the above case, I propose 'bhavya says: interception!
bhavya plays a green 2' to be modified to bhavyashah intercepts with a green 2.
I generally focus on maximum usage of the keystrokes 'c' and often 't' too, but, at times when my Internet is slow, the response of my key press is extremely laggy and less quick than reading the whole statements potentially shortened.
Dear keywasfull,
Good suggestion - slipped my mind. I certainly will use it in my Speech Dictionaries.
In addition to my initial request, as keywasfull also mentioned, the announcement 'x has failed an interception and takes 3 penalty points' should also be contracted to 'x takes 3 penalty points'.
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah.

8. Raki,

Bhavya, my apolagies, I misunderstood your post to mean that you wanted 2 things done in 1 message.
Well I of course agree that some of the message needs to be shortened, I don't think there's nothing rong in wanting that.
BTW, nice tricks key.

9. BhavyaShah ,

Dear raki,
Yup, now both of us are on the same page. :) (smiles)
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah.

9 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account