Playroom On The Mac

4 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. bbsshawn,

Hi guys. I finally got to play on the Playroom last week. I think the games are cool. I'm also a Mac user and so I thought that it would be nice if you guys made a Mac version of your client. More and more blind people are switching to the Mac just because of many reasons. A few of them are because we think it's cool that Apple developed a fully functional screen reader that works out of the box and a bunch of us are tired of paying for over-priced processor-hogging screen readers. If you created a Mac version of your games, it would give Mac users like me another game choice. Hey, I and others probably would be happy to beta test the client if it got made. I have ideas on how the Mac client could work. My email address is bigbigshawn.bbs@gmail.com so we can share ideas back and forth. Thanks for reading.

2. sami,

Hi shawn. I don't want to be rude, but aminiel explained in another post why he can not develop the playroom for the mac himself. But just in case you haven't read that, first of all, aminiel doesn't have enough money to afford a mac and even if he did he won't buy one just to develop the playroom. Also, no one has contacted aminiel to say they were interested in this project. However, that certainly doesn't mean that the playroom can never be developed for the mac. In fact, I myself have a friend who does computer programming for the mac and ios platform. His playroom username is nicholas1234. You might not know him, because he just registered to the playroom a few weeks ago and he isn't online every day, but he does programming for the mac and ios and in fact, this summer he is going to get a job working for apple. So in my opinion, that just proves that he enjoys programming and he might be more than happy to develop the playroom for the mac and maybe the ios platform. Ps: Aminiel, if you like I will ask Nicholas if he wants to do that and if he is willing to do that for free, because I remember you said in another post that you do not want to pay people to do that kind of work. If Nicholas wants to do that, then I'll give him your email address so that he can contact you privately so you can give him the necisary information for developing the playroom, you know, like the programming language the playroom uses and so on. Of course, he might not know the programming language, of course, nobody knows everything, lol. And if that is the case and no developer is interested, then for shawn and the other mac users on this playroom, there are always programs that allow you to run windows on mac, like vmware, which Nicholas himself has. Hi everybody, sami

3. Aminiel,

I have already explained multiple times why I cannot make a mac version of the playroom client :

1. I don't have a mac myself, and can't afford one at the moment
  2. Even if I had the money to buy one, I would certainly be much too short on time. Don't forget that I'm still studying at university, and as you should know, studies take a lot of time
  3. I may ask someone to make the mac version for me; however, it's quite a big job and I don't believe that someone would do it for free. In any case I don't have enough money to pay someone either.

IN short, I should find somone who is: able, serious, motivated, volontary (Refers to the same person; strike out the superfluous mention)

4. bbsshawn,

Hi Aminiel. I know a mailing list that has a developer that makes Mac programs. I will spread the word that Mac users like us want the Playroom on the Mac and if they want to develop it, they should contact you. Please send your email address to bigbigshawn.bbs@gmail.com. Also, I know a person out of the list that might be interested. So yeah, if you can, please email me off this forum.

4 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post