Playroom 2: ideas for enhancements to the "Who's online" dialogue

3 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Myszojelen,

Hello|
Here suggestion for extending the information given about the user in the "Who's online dialogue"

1. I think it should be said what game the user is currently playing.
  2. Maybe it's a bit of a futuristicvision but maybe user profiles and status messages would be cool? then people wouldn't be limited to the languages offered by Playroom when it comes to defining their primary language. ;) Unless the language is there for statistic purposes and is there to show the Language of playroom set.
  3. What do you think?
    Best regards
    Paweł

2. Aminiel,

1. It's possible, but we though that this information wasn't capital. It's also a question of privacy: you don't necessarily want to show to others what is your favorite game, and we are afrait that if we add this one, then people will want to know exactly in what table you are and with who, which is of course unacceptable for privacy.
  2. Not sure to well understand the thing completely, but your language is fixed and always corresponds to the part of the playroom you are in at the moment. WE keep the idea for profil and custom status, because this particular suggestion is a nice one.

3. Myszojelen,

1. The detailed information about the tables I.E. tables of what games and with whom inside are created, are already given in the "Join table" part of the Playroom. Besides if there is an option to join a player at the table he/she is currently at, the player who wants to join this person should be able to know what kind of game he is going to join. So as you can see this would be just a second way of accessing an already accessible information - just put in a second logical place for it. ;)
  2. Well, I thought a bit ahead of myself in that part. Now it seems as all the information given is a kind of statistics - language of the playroom, status of the player etc. in this form it's clear that the language shown is corresponding to the one set in this user's playroom but if the profiles' system was introduced people could maybe set the languaage of their choice as now it would be a piece of their personal information but that was just a thought. ;)
  3. Best regards
    Pawel
    Ps. I've realised just now that the information about the language is unnecessary. If we are using Playroom in English only those who are using English are shown same with other languages so it's pretty obvious who's on what language version.

Last edited by Myszojelen, Feb 16 2013 18:31:25

3 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post