Public Question For The Staff

9 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. filibuster ,

Question For The Playroom Staff:

With respect to the game of Yahtzee on this platform, how difficult would it be from a programming stand point to implement a way for gamers to play in teams? I know that it has been done with games like Scopa, One Thousand Miles and Spades but understand that programming team features may not be the same for each game.

The reason I am asking is that I was doing a little bit of research last night and came across examples where past Yahtzee tournaments throughout the world consisted of gamers playing in teams. So, let’s pretend that we have a team of four people, though I’m pretty sure there can be more than four gamers on a team. Player one finishes with a point total of 400, while player two finishes with 300 points. Player three finishes with 200 points, while player four finishes with a point total of 100. All players’ points are added together to determine the teams finishing score, and in this example, the team’s final score is 1000. As the letter “s” serves as the hot key for allowing each gamer to see his or her score and other players’ scores, maybe it’s possible to add a hot key such as “o,” which stands for “over all scores” to allow all gamers to see all teams’ scores.

Last edited by filibuster , Sep 24 2015 21:17:56

2. MuhammadHajjar,

This will be pretty nice if it done, it didn't come to my mind at all, this will make it more exciting.

3. Exink,

Yes, and maybe it could lend to be used for yatzhee tournaments in the future, since technically there's no way to cheat, because when rolling the dice,you don't know what's going to happen. I agree with the idea! Regards.

Last edited by Exink, Sep 25 2015 15:12:40

4. YNWA,

there are 3 different variations for teams.

1. 2 players scores from the same team are added together.

2. you can share the same scoareboard for an individual game with teams so either player can get say a full house from your team.

3. You can have double of everything so you could get 2 3 of a kinds or you and your partner can get 1 each.

5. filibuster ,

I actually saw tournaments with four people per team when I was doing my research but didn't see rules or tournaments related to the final two examples you listed, Ynwa. I'm not saying that they don't exist, however. In all honesty, I actually saw so many Yahtzee rule variations that the amount was almost too mind boggling. Some of the rules were just a little rediculous, actually. LOL But, ya know, Yahtzee is a party game and was actually invented by a married cupple while drinking on their yaught. So, since the game was invented by drunk people, it might as well follow that other drunk people who like the game would come up with crazy outlandish Yahtzee rule variations... heeheehee

6. LaraStardust,

was it really? interesting

7. YNWA,

As it happened I did make those up but they would work and I think it would make it more interesting. We will have to see what Aminiel thinks...

Last edited by YNWA, Sep 26 2015 13:24:26

8. aravis,

but still the process of playing the game will be the same: just rolling dice. i see no benefits of partnership in yahtzee.

9. filibuster ,

Aw'w'w'w, 'buzz kill', Aravis! :D :D :D

It's all in the name of fun not bennifit as to why a team option should be added to the Yahtzee game experience... which is the best team in a supposed tournament, as opposed to who is the best player?

Yup, the concept is still the same... roll the dice and score your points in the catogory of your choosing. So, of course, the option to play in teams would exist as well as the option to play in an individual game setting; no one is being forced to play in teams.

And, this leads me to something else, shouldn't the 100 point Yahtzee bonus option for getting more than one five of a kind in a game be added, too?

Just a thought...

9 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account