An issue with auto-language switching in iPhone

10 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Exink,

Hi everyone,

I'd want to know the solution for the following:

A friend tried to enter into the playroom using the web client through her iPhone in french language, but her VoiceOver reads the outcoming text in french, although she wishes to hear it in spanish which is her native language.

Does someone know if VoiceOver has an auto-switching language feature? If yes, how do we enable/disable it?

Thanks a lot!

2. Aminiel,

Hello,

You can always change the voice language using the rotor.

If this option isn't available to you, you must first enable it in settings>general>accessibility>VoiceOver, and then in rotor parameters.

3. LaraStardust,

yeah I've not found it on mine, not that I had ever gone looking, but its probably in settings, general, accessibility, voiceover

4. trol ,

Hello, it seems that the language option can't be disabled on ios9

5. Exink,

We haven't tried it now, but she's using an iPhone 4. I don't know if she has IOs9 because the update process is manual acording to someone that explained it to me.

6. Aminiel,

Aha, that's the first thing we should have asked. As far as I know, iOS9 can only be installed on iPhone 4S or newer.

Do you know the iOS version of the phone ? Perhaps 6 or 7 ?

7. flower17,

Hello,

I am using iOS7. I have been looking for the language parameter in the routor, just some options for reordering headers, forms, links etc, but there's not the option to auto-switch the language in the voice.

Last edited by flower17, Sep 29 2015 19:38:27

8. filibuster ,

In order to insure that you find the language option on the rotor, you have to enable it by going to Settings, General, Accessibility, VoiceOver, Rotor, and then select Language. You have to choose what you want to appear on the Rotor. That's the way that Apple has it set up.

9. flower17,

Do you know if I could be able to find this option in iOS7? I tried to search it with no success. I only have seen something to order the way in which the text is spoken in the screen, although I can mistake because I'm not very used to use the routor; I can't find the language option, so I got the same results.

10. Marina,

hey, Flower
Firstly, yes iOS 7 supports it.
I am not sure what language you're using iPhone in. But, supposing it's english, then it would do an auto swich to some certain languages. Although in some cases it doesn't automatically swich
So, to add a language to the rotor:
go to Settings>General>speech
you'll find the default dialect/language according to your iPhone language, you can choose the default from this option
then, you'll find the second option is "add new language" choose the languages that you want to appear in the roter settings.
then press the back button and go to the rotor, you'll find there language, select it if it was not selected
PS: I don't seem to find that option in iOS 9 but it might be available in iOS 7.
however, when you hold one finger and move the other finger clockwise you'd change between the rotor settings.
Keep doing it until you hear language, then swipe down/up one finger it will change between the voices you have chosen in speech.
hope that helps.

10 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account