Battleship frazes

12 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. BlindTiger,

Ok, this is not a suggestion for a new game, it is only an observation and a comment. When playing Battleship: when you fire on a space and miss your intended target, there is a message. Those messages are random, which I think is great. However, the one that says, "This is how Americans Army wastes lots of dollars", can be seen as prejudice. Not to mention the fact that the fraze itself isn't even correct in the English language. First of all, Battleship is a game of ships, which would indicate the Navy, not the Army. Secondly, you wouldn't say dollars, you would say money in the context of that specific sentence. However, I point out the prejudiceness because it is the only reference towards another country. Now, if other references were added into the game that were saying the same thing against other countries, that would be fine, but it looks to me as if America is being singled out. As I said, I am not making any suggestions here, just sharing my observations. Thanks

2. YNWA,

can't agree more!

3. LaraStardust,

indeed

4. helleon,

oh my god please. i'm sorry, if there's no bigger bug u guys can find to report than a phrase used in a game then...

5. aravis,

ok, here's your bigger bug: the sounds are way too loud. it's true that you can turn down the volume of sounds, but then it'll mean doing it for all the sounds, not just those in the game, and that can be a bit inconvenient.

6. YNWA,

It can be viewed as a racist phrase so is a valid comment. How would you like it if they said something about your country!

Last edited by YNWA, Oct 4 2015 11:19:18

7. aravis,

i do agree with that comment.

8. Lemonade,

Maybe I should complain about the fact that my country's cities are only in the azure group in the super monopoly board! That must mean my country is considered rather pathetic, doesn't it?
Bottom line, this is pointless, and above all, its just a game.

9. YNWA,

least it's there, lol

10. Raki,

And none of my country's cities are there...
I call racism!

Last edited by Raki, Oct 15 2015 05:10:29

11. Aminiel,

The given phrase has been modified in the english playroom.

12. Exink,

I don't think it could be needed, but anyway let's see. Also folks, I don't believe that phrase was used by racism just for quoting to the United States, I saw it as something funny. For example, if that phrase was "That shot wouldn't get to Mexico's sea!", At least I'd laugh and I won't get mad at it. It's just comedy, guys, comedy! Regards.

Last edited by Exink, Oct 15 2015 17:59:44

12 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account