setting background colors

3 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. aravis,

hello all the gameroom users! i hope i won't cause much disturbance if i end up posting in a wrong forum, i'm new to this forum, actually. but i really need help from someone who could instruct me how to set background colors for history and menu sections. i believe many of you wouldn't even think this feature so significant, but as i can see a little it seemed rather cool to try it out. first, when i selected, for example, the history background color option in the reading and appearance menu, i was presentedwith a dialog where i could find two text fields neither editable nor read only type that had headings of the main color and the additional color. there's also a button that says: define a color. when i pressed it there were only some edit boxes for color intensity for blue, green and red. i occasionally then set the history background color to red, but didn't know how exactly it happened. in that same reading and appearance menu i could find a whole list of different colors. how do i get them to work? any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

2. Aminiel,

The 14 colors directly available in the menu are not predefined colors for background or so. They define 14 colors that are used in the various games to color some specific elements, such as card in uno, properties in monopoly, etc. You can personalize those colors to your taste if you want, but they haven't the same purpose.

However, when you want to customize a color, one of these 14 or one for background/foreground of the different zones, it opens the default windows dialog box for choosing colors, and it isn't accessible with scren readers. The only accessible part of that dialog is the red/green/blue
text boxes.

Since it's a default dialog box, I can't do anyhting about its accessibility, infortunately. You may use a zoom program like zoomtext or magic to be able to comfortabliy click on the colored squares.

3. aravis,

ah, that? inaccessibility? actually thinking of it later, i concluded it might be a windows dialog box since it popped up in windows' default language, which is russian. thank you very much, you've been quite clear.

Anastasia

3 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post