tournaments, please replai if you're a staff member

3 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. bob-de-huisbaas,

Hello everyone,
I want to orgenise a tournament, but I need some feedback. Here are my points:

1. Most people don't read the forum. In order to a tournament to be big, I figured it maybe needed a message on the playroom it self, Maybe even just ask something like "do you want to join this tournament?" where you could give an answer, yes or no. This would sertanly draw a lot of atension, and there probably would be enough players.
  2. The tournament it self. Where will the tournament be played? on a special server? or will it just be played on the public one
  3. Keeping watch and spectators. When the tournament is played, there will be more then one table of players, probably. How can I keep control of them all? it would be bad if someone else else was table master, and used that pryority to cheat in the means of restarting the game, replacing players, kikking players, etc.
  4. Getting players in to tables. Would there be an option to shift a player from a table to another one? for example, there are 4 tables, table a, b, c, and d. When all those tables of four players are finnished, the halfe of the players will probably go to the next round. When this happens, How can I quickly say too the losers "sorry, but your out" or some other message and place the winners in a new table?
  5. This are all my questions for now, I'd love to hear comments

2. Aminiel,

I can answer to you for the 3 last questions :

1. ON the normal server; there isn't any parralel playroom server.
  2. You have to designate table masters who you can trust; usually, they are responsible for inviting the right people, checking that the rules are well respected, and reporting the scores to the organizer so that he can prepare the next round. Be clear and precise on the rules you are going to use: in-game specific rules, silence while playing, what happens upon disconnections, allow spectators or not, etc.
  3. There isn't any special mean to do that; you have to organize yourself with your table masters; and usually, table repartitions (who has to play with who on which table) and tournament results and/or classements are posted on the forum.

Last edited by Aminiel, Mar 9 2013 20:40:41

3. bob-de-huisbaas,

Hello, Thanks a lot for your answers!
But this brings me back with a comment:
There was this other french person who tried to do a tournament too, but it failed. Probably because not even a quorter of the players checks the forum, and 1/8 is probably chekking the forum weekly. So if I got to have everything for the tournament set and ready, Could there be a message in the playroom saying something like "saturday the 16th of march there will be a poker tournament. Please send a mail to xxxx@xxxx.com if you want to participate. Give your mail the following subject: "Participation poker tournament +playroom name"

3 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post