Custome Sounds

18 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. BlindTiger,

I was just wondering if we could have a way to create custome sounds for things in here. Not that I don't like the sounds that are in here, but if I could use some sound files that I buy through I-Tunes or something like that for when friends are coming and going, creating games, or leaving them, etc, it could certainly make things a little more interesting and fun.
Thanks

2. topSpeed ,

hello , you can change the sounds you just need to go to the your app data folder and then roaming and find qcgc , there you have all the sounds and you can easily replace them Note: you must convert the audio file to ogg.
Don't change the file name.

Last edited by topSpeed , Jan 24 2016 20:11:30

3. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Note: you must convert the audio file to ogg.
Don't change the file name.

4. CathyAnne,

Go to the ap foldeer, then roaming, then what? I'm so confused.

5. Vojvoda ,

Amazing boy you just repeated what topspeed said and why are you comfused everything is explained so nice

6. topSpeed ,

never mind , i like complicating things , there's actually an easier way to open that folder , just go to start menu , then all programs and then find quentin c's playroom , there is an item called explore parameters , and it will open this folder. Let me know if you have any other difficulties.

7. trol ,

That didn't work for me :O

8. LaraStardust,

I think, or at least for me, you have to go to c:\program files\qcgc\sounds

9. CathyAnne,

Well, I have no way to change the sound files I have to that extention. Message me in my inbox to tel me what to do, please. You made it all complicated.

10. each-and-everythinh ,

sounds are in both program files and appdata , for me appdata worked i think , but i haven't changed the sounds in a while so i might be wrong. Anyway , try both , if one doesn't work the other will.

11. MuhammadHajjar,

In appdata, it appears that there's only 4. But the rest is in program files.

12. each-and-everythinh ,

hmm , strange , i have all the sounds in appdata\roaming\qcgc\sounds , make sure you are looking in that directory.

13. trol ,

I tried to insert a bubble sound for farkle but i didn't get success...

14. each-and-everythinh ,

i'm not sure what do you mean by double sound , but in case of farkle you should create a file named farkle.ogg and insert it replacing the original file.

15. LaraStardust,

they said bubble, not double.

here are some quick an easy ways to do it:

1. Convert your file. Using either an audio converter or an audio editter, you must convert the file to .ogg format, or which ever format the corrisponding sound is.
  2. Go to c:\program files\qcgc\sounds, or where ever you installed the quentin c's gameroom.
  3. rename the new sound so its file name is the same as the old sound. for example, bing.ogg
  4. copy and paste in the new file into your quentin c's gameroom sounds folder, clicking replace and continue when/if prompted.
  5. launch quentin c's gameroom.

if the playroom allows it, that will work.
The playroom might just have its sounds built in though, so bleh to you all

16. each-and-everythinh ,

ah sorry i missunderstood it , i will test it today , but i'm sure that changing sounds does work.

17. LaraStardust,

did you have any luck?

18. trol ,

Perhaps it's cause of vista? :p

18 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post