Feature request: ability for Table Masters to enable/disable Chats in their tables.

31 messages, 2 pages:  1 2 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. judah,

Hello

Today: me and My Friends have an Idea

What do You think about adding A Chat Command for table masters to Disable/enable chats in the tables?

It'll be cool when We are Playing Unow for example in the tornaments or other games

2. each-and-everythinh ,

yeah , i was also thinking about that suggestion , it would be nice

3. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Agree and fully agree, one hundred percent.

Last edited by Sajad-Aliraqi, Jan 30 2016 19:30:11

4. basket,

This, if implemented would be abused in my opinion.

5. each-and-everythinh ,

it depends on table masters , they will decide and it's the same as other features eg kicking or rolling dices. It could be useful for tournaments , but it's true that it can be abused but then again you choose where do you join or not.

6. Sajad-Aliraqi,

For example, now I have a uno round.
And people disturbing eachone. The easy way we can do? Disable chat messages. I agree with this feature. Not only with uno, but with farkle, 1000 miles, and all games.

Sajad

7. each-and-everythinh ,

it's true and there are many examples where this could be used

8. Daredevil,

This is a fantastic idea. Sometimes it gets too distracting trying to read chats then switch to game again. BTW, not everyone wants to chat all the time.

9. Exink,

Also I agree, since as far as I know, the only persons who can do this are the admins, but it is not fair we cannot do it too.

10. each-and-everythinh ,

yes admins and helpers can do it , so i'm guessing it wouldn't be too hard for aminiel to code it. Table masters are of course only ones that should be able to do it,

11. Sajad-Aliraqi,

If the master disabled the chat messages, the master also should can't write messages. Not only we.

12. each-and-everythinh ,

it doesn't matter as long as chat is disabled

13. dementress ,

I was thinking about suggesting it just a couple of days ago. Well, also could be added one command to mute a player... Maybe not for the table masters only but i think it could be useful...

14. Epic_Krrish,

I don't agree, this would definitely used as in wrong manner or for sure the table master will abuse it. Well in tournaments you can always request a helper to be on your table to apply that function or in any games for matter if some one annoys, then there is some thing call Control K or control b for that matter.

15. MuhammadHajjar,

Agree with Krrish.

16. basket,

This would never be introduced as it is very easily abused. If you want silence, as your table mates for it.

17. each-and-everythinh ,

ok then , it was just an idea not a necessary immediate change but ok

18. gaurasuryavanshi,

I am also agree. for me, it is very annoying when I am playing uno the other player to sends me a message, because at the moment we should think about the game and also, while we are talking about disabling chats while playing games or making tournaments, don't you think that it will be nice if we can disable the private messages that we can receive while we are playing. as I said, I don't like receiving messages while I am playing uno or similar game that needs concentrating and thinking

19. Cristina ,

For private messages we can change our privacy.
Then we can play uno freely, cause nobody will bother us with private messages.

20. gaurasuryavanshi,

I know, but with this I meant disabling all kinds of messages

21. YNWA,

It is all very well stopping chatt and I agree sometimes you get some unwanted chat but being able to communicate with a person is very important. In tournaments I have asked people to be quiet and there has been little problem so when people ask it for a tournament I don't see the need. For those of you that wanted it answer this question. What if people have to go away for a short period to do something how will they be able to communicate that message if they are unable to send a public message to the table? What about as table master would I have to turn it on/off everytime I needed to tell people to get a move on or see if they are not disconnected!?

22. MuhammadHajjar,

But Cristina, friends will probably do. So I wish we can have the ability to disable the pms feature completely and temporarily so no one can disturb us even our friends.

23. each-and-everythinh ,

it does make sense , though i didn't exactly mean you stop chat whenever you feel bored or whenever you want to make fun , if you do it , you send a message to your table and discuss with the people on the table. It's true that it can be abused , but then again kicking , blocking and banning is also abused. It's just normal and there are always people who will find ways to abuse. Simply when you know someone is abusing , you just ignore that person.

24. Jeff-Rutkowski,

Actually, you can disable chats. Go to the options menu by pressing f10 then go to the reading and appearance menu.
Go to public chat and choose the never option for speech reading and play sound.

25. each-and-everythinh ,

i know that , that is just making chats not autoread and not play the sound. However by disabling chats , we mean chats not coming through at all.

26. helleon,

look just ignore chats what's actually worth reading in a game of uno anyway? "jajajajajajajajajajajajajaj?"

27. each-and-everythinh ,

it isn't even my problem to read chats in uno , just use page up and down , views and you will have no problem.

28. balasana ,

I think a nice feature might be having a toggle hot key to stop public or private messages from auto-reading, pressing the key again to resume. But even auto-reading is stopped, one still can use tabs and PgUp/PgDn to read the chats. Just to give a player an option when he/she does not wish to be distracted during certain games. Maybe this would not lead to abuse?

29. each-and-everythinh ,

at the moment the only thing you can do is totally disable autoreading , but that also includes game messages. To do that , press ctrl+f5 , and when you want to enable it , press the hotkey again.

30. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Oh, I wasn't know this future in the playroom. Thank you Grobar.

31 messages, 2 pages:  1 2 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account