Suggestions for backgammon

7 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. out_and_about ,

Hello for everyone,
This is to suggest some options for backgammon, i don't know if they could be posible:
First, i was thinking of the posibility to allow bad movements; but with a penality for being caught by the otherplayer. Maby with skeeping his or her turn or making him or her go back some squares.
Another option could be, like in battlesheep, to choose between smaller or bigger bords. I don't know if a bigger bord may involve more tokens for player. But i think that with more squares the game could be more challenging!

2. each-and-everythinh ,

the game with more squares could be cool , maybe even allow possibility for games with more players like in c4.

3. out_and_about ,

But, how can you allow, for example, 3 playeres, if in the two player's game both players have to reach each extreme of the bord?

4. each-and-everythinh ,

maybe we can have a board for example from 1 to 48 , and player 1 could go from 24 to 1 , player 2 from 1 to 24 , player 3 from 24 to 48 , and player 4 from 48 to 24. If you get what i mean , though this might be too complicated it's just a random idea i had.

5. Adventure-Time,

Yes yes, there exists a game called backgammon chouette, which can be played by three or more players. For anyone who's interested, the rules are described on this website:
http://www.bkgm.com/variants/Chouette-ABA.html
There's also an article on wikipedia. Although I'm not so certain about how exciting would this be here, without the money part. :D

Last edited by Adventure-Time, Feb 7 2016 19:39:52

6. Sajad-Aliraqi,

I agree

7. Exink,

Me too, specially speaking of we can't bet real money here; but using chips. Hey, actually that could be a good idea, since as far as I know, the real game uses money when betting as duplicating the stak. I don't know the bets' value, but I think there sould be in some part...

7 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post