Isn't it important? I think it must be...

15 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. dementress ,

Hello all, players, administrators, helpers etc.
Once, some months ago i've read a post where another language is suggested, and as far as I remember, Aminiel said that translations are not important for now, but actually they are, quite a lot.
And why they are?

1. not everyone speaks one of the languages that the game is translated in. Yeah there are some arabic, or turkish or somewhere else's people in the english part, but that doesn't mean they can understand english, because not all of them do understand. If they play the games is because they got used to hear the cards and know how to play them, not cause they know what them even mean.
  2. If those players can't speak english, well, i think they have the right of writing statuses using other languages, which is not allowed here. Whoever has a status message in other language gets banned or at least warned, for practically nothing. So all those that can't speak english have no the right of saying a bit of themselves using their own language? I think that they should have that freedom and shouldn't feel afraid of being banned, and the worst is that they won't understand the banning reason, cause they don't speak english. There are some who can speak english too, but sometimes they feel better writing in their own languages, or simply in other languages. I speak spanish, for example, but is not fair that if I wanna write something in spanish I should just move to the spanish server to do that, and about if their statuses are not translatable, well, they can't either have a translator always to communicate with the people that can't even speak their language, I mean, what would happen in with a table on the english part, which is turkish, then a iranian one joins. Tey can't have a conversation cause they can't understand eachother, and some of them as I said don't speak english. Now from here lets go to the next reason.
  3. The free tables thing. There are lots of free tables usually, in other languages. And, admins, seriously, seriously, do you think that making the table private is the solution? No, no, and, no! Why? Simply because the fact that they speak the same language doesn't mean that they know everyone on here that speaks the language. Lets suppose there's a table with a topic in other language. Then I am new on playroom, and I speak that language, but the table is hidden. Is private and so I can't know anyone who speaks my language, and I won't be there guessing who could speak it or who couldn't. Is simply nonsense. Again they have not the freedom of using table topics in their languages.
  4. These are just some of the reasons I think translating the playroom is actually something important, something that should be done. And if it can't be done, I have a little suggestion. How if you add servers for different languages, or, how if you change a bit your rules?
  5. Adding servers for the other languages is almost the only way i can see so far to solve it. Why? Because, well, maybe the translation to some languages, hmm, a lot of languages, actually, is not abailavle so if there are more languages they could be translated to english ,but they would at least feel free to set their table topics, status messages or write in their languages.
  6. Just read the things I wrote before and actually there are lots of nonsense rules on here. They should be free of using their language. their table topic. theyr statuses. Their everything. We all need freedom at some point, and even if my language is on the list already here, I am speaking for the ones that can't say it cause they can't communicate with you. I am the voice of the ones who can't talk. So those are my little suggestions...

Regards.
Diana.

Last edited by dementress , Feb 22 2016 14:15:58

2. Mayana,

Hello,
I totally agree with this post. I can totally understand why the developers don't want to add new survers to new languages, because they would need a team of translaters, and some trustable admins, and even when they had that it would take time.
But I think some rools should be a bit improved. I think that people should write something in whatever language they want in their status. True, then admins couldn't understand some of the statuses, and so? If you don't understand everything, that doesn't mean that the thing someone wrote is an insult.
The same goes for free tables. As long as it's clearly stated (probably in the title and if not, by watching the chats) that the table is for a curten language, I see no problem with that. To make an example, there are a lot of people who speak Serbian or Czeck (or other languages from that family). If it's so hard to make a surver for their language, they at least shouldn't be banned for speaking some other language than the ones in the list. There are people all over the world in playroom, and they don't speak just the languages you do, you'll have to relies that and respect that. True, a lot of people do speak English, but some people just don't or want to speak in their native language and there's nothing wrong with that.
But hey, this topic will get deleted soon, anyway. Like all of them. That, or ignored.

3. Vojvoda ,

nothing more to say i agree but ... this post will be ignored like all others sadly

4. Artemis13 ,

I agree.

5. dalimidvecimidvenedali,

I have to agree with everything what is wrytten here...

6. Sajad-Aliraqi,

I agree Diana! But you're speaking a story for users. Admins stopped caring. If their problem is translaters, there are many Arabians, Iranians, Turkish, and more. Muhammad Hajjar (Arabic)
Successful (Persian)
Fatih (Turkish)
I mentioned their names for information. Nothing else. And, Riad too. He speaks 4 languages including French. And I agree with another languages too, such as Rumanian, Czeck, Serbian, Slovakian. I don't know why German language is available and there are no a lot of users are connected. When I enter the German server,I see a few users are connected. At leest 2. Nonsense to add German language to be honest. :) thanks for posting

7. each-and-everythinh ,

This is a so well written post and I agree. I specially agree about private tables ,, it's OK if you are not a new user and already know people from your country , but if you are new and want to meet someone from your country , then you are breaking the rules. It is a very well written post.
Best regards
Playroom user

8. Daredevil,

It's up to admins if they feel this is important. I would find it difficult trying to spend majority of time trying to convert the playroom into different languages and finding people they truly trust to run them. Admins have lives outside of the playroom too just like us players. For me, they're doing a pretty darn good job so far.

9. dementress ,

So at least with give us the freedom of writing statuses in other languages is enough...

10. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Jaja! Even they banned users, VPN at their service. Nothing new. So I think no one afraid.

11. gaurasuryavanshi,

I also agree with the post.

12. spaceship,

I might be wrong with my observation but Honestly, as far as my openion is concerned, playroom grew and improved much faster till last year, and coming back after like 7 months, I see that not much has changed.

Indeed, I agree with every bits and bobs of this post.

It might be frustrating for some people to read stuff in language they do not know, but it is not much anyway, and the thing that one gets banned for just not speaking english, is kind of a discrimination and the person would feel much more frustrated.

13. wolfi,

i totally agree with you guys, people have the right for that.

14. dalimidvecimidvenedali,

Ya, but actually... Who cares? Who cares except us? Many people feel unconfortable here, but no reply... No reply from persons, who should reply...

15. basket,

Hello,
this post is accomplishing very little and the same thing is being repeated several times over and over again. We have our reasons as to why other languages simply cannot be added at the moment. From what I can tell you, a lot of it is technical in nature and time consuming. Moreover, it is very difficult to find someone who is equally fluent in French and the language that we are trying to translate into. All we ask is be patient and we are doing the best we can. Complaining all day is not only counterproductive, but far from constructive. this applies for actual languages, or survers.
Thank you. This post will now be closed.

15 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post