suggestion for backgammon

26 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. each-and-everythinh ,

hy , i think that it would be nice to , optionally be able to play with time limit in backgammon. If the time expires , the turn should just be skipped i think , but if you have a better suggestion for that ,feel free to suggest it.

2. Adventure-Time,

Yep, I think it's how they do it at tournaments, the limit's usually 15 seconds from what I've seen.

3. Sajad-Aliraqi,

I don't know how to play this game. But I can agree!

4. each-and-everythinh ,

the only problem might be , sometimes you want to skip your turn and wait for a better roll , then you could just let the time expire and you will have your turn skipped. But i would really like a timer in this game.

5. out_and_about ,

I think that 15 seconds will be little time, maby 25 or 30 seconds minimal

6. each-and-everythinh ,

you should be able to choose the time , not every person is able to play at the same level.

7. sopralto,

Choosing a time limit sounds great.

8. each-and-everythinh ,

i hope this will be implemented , it would make backgammon even more exciting

9. balasana ,

Totally agree , time limits will surely add to the fun. Also if we can type in the number of the target square rather than physically moving the token one square at a time, that would speed up the game too.

10. each-and-everythinh ,

that would also be a nice option , we can press a key and then we can type the move manually.

11. Aminiel,

Hello,

Implementing a time limit as you describe isn't possible. Skipping your turn is in any case unacceptable in the rules and it may radically change the game unpredictably.

However, we might imagine a time limit like in chess, i.e. you lose the round if you burn out all of your total time of X minutes. I imagine that it is played so in real life tournaments, probably with chess clocks.

For the second suggestion of manually entering moves, is there a standardized notation as there exists for chess ? In fact I never played backgammon in real life, so I don't know at all.

12. each-and-everythinh ,

hello aminiel , thanx for your response , yes , i thought so for skipping turns as well , so it can be like in chess then , because i don't see any other possibility that would be better.

13. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Me too, I don't know how to play Backgammon infortunately. For that reason I can say agree without knowing what happened...

14. each-and-everythinh ,

lol the amazing boy , you know , you don't have to reply if you don't know how to play this game or what is this suggestion about :d

15. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Yeah, I agree. But infortunately I can't play it. I've read the rules, but I don't think they was obvious for me!

16. each-and-everythinh ,

np i will teach you today

17. Kiva15 ,

Had thought but too complicated j j

Last edited by Kiva15 , Mar 3 2016 18:22:32

18. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Thanks Nikola, I need your help ahah! I will PM you in that time. Greetings

19. bogdanmuresan,

Hi. I also have some suggestions for the backgammon game. First is the position of the board house when you play with black. It will be much easyer if the black player has the house board on his left side. Also the start of the round is much different in a real game. Both players throw a dice and who has the highest number move first and also plays with white. Also, an other game variant will be kool. I don't know exactly what is it's name but for example white player has all 15 pieces in the black house board and needs to come in his or her house.

20. musiclover,

i dont know how to play

21. sopralto,

That version is called Dutch backgammon, I have suggested it before. Each player must roll dice to put their tokens onto the board. All fifteen tokens must go all the way around the board. For example, the first player must roll the dice to enter all tokens into squares 1 through 6 before any of them can move. The second player must enter all tokens into squares 19 through 24 before moving. This is done in the exact same manner as tokens are removed at the end of the game, so if you roll a six and a three, you can enter a token on suare 6 and one on square 3. Once all tokens have been placed on the board, each player begins to move them around the board in the normal way. It would be very easy to add this variant, and it creates different strategies.

22. Sajad-Aliraqi,

I think Pontes Backgammon is different than the playroom one. Right?

23. YNWA,

I would like Aminiel to add the following as an option to slightly quicken up the game.

Ynwa rolls 3-3 and wants to move 4 tokens from square 13 to square 10. at present you have to press enter on square 13 and move your arrow keys to square 10. I think a more efficient way to move multiple tokens at once would be:

Press enter on square 13, press the up arrow so it will say 2, 3, 4 depending on how many pieces you wish to move at once, press enter, go to square 10 and press enter. I think this would be much better than repeating the same actions again and again.

24. fire-starter,

hi
but what if u only have 1 token that u wish to move? Then it is a bit to many entering i think
regards

25. each-and-everythinh ,

well playroom could recognise that you have one token and then have moves just like now when you have only one token

26. AcaaFaaca ,

I accept the time limit, but not the 25 seconds time limit!

26 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account