SHOULD THE PLAYROOM BE SECTIONED OFF INTO DIFFERENT LANGUAGES!

8 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. YNWA,

When I first came here in 2012 we had a number of languages and we all played together. in the same section and there was not that much trouble. Sometimes you can for example have Spanish people that speak both English and Spanish and have friends in both sections. If they went to the English part and spoke Spanish they could offend people in the English part and if English was spoken in the Spanish area some Spanish people could be offended too!

Many people will choose the English Language option by default as they have to select one language to use the PR, plus there are more people playing at any one time in the English section giving more options to choose from if you don't have anybody in particular to play.

One of the other possibilities is to have an International option where any language can be spoken. This should mean the other sections can keep to the original language and the International area can have people speaking any language they like without fear of being banned.

2. Exink,

When I first came here in 2012 we had a number of languages and we all played together. in the same section and there was not that much trouble. Sometimes you can for example have Spanish people that speak both English and Spanish and have friends in both sections. If they went to the English part and spoke Spanish they could offend people in the English part and if English was spoken in the Spanish area some Spanish people could be offended too!

I believe that this is like entering a world were we have different countries and languages to speak in. So, by going to France, for example, why would you speak english if noone will be able to understand you? Of course that in the everyday life, the comunication is harder, but just sometimes you can find people who are able to speak both your native language and country's native language, and you know that it's important to speak the others' language because you'll be as isolated as an indigent who can't do so.

However, and getting back to the example of the indigent, he couldn't use his native language with his neighbors or someone else if the place where he lives in noone speaks it. That's why there are languages here, in order to understand all the contents here as well as meeting people who speak the same language. Now, if you mean that we should have different languages to choose from to avoid it from happening, remember that the main language to translate from is french, and since there are few bilingual french speakers, it's hard to do that at the moment.

One of the other possibilities is to have an International option where any language can be spoken. This should mean the other sections can keep to the original language and the International area can have people speaking any language they like without fear of being banned.

Well, but if they can speak the language they like to, don't you think that the other side can have people who can insult in the language they want in? Who can guarantee us that someone's saying "You're nice" instead of "Go to hell" if a person says to someone whose language is different? Let's think in all possibilities when making something new, I guess...

Best regards.

3. Vojvoda ,

hm interesting idea for one server with all of languages.

4. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Hello!
If one server contains all languages I disagree. Why?

1. I have a personal preferences, not everyone have them. Thus you may not agree with me.
  2. The client will be laggy and not fast.
  3. We are not allow to speak in our languages at one server, that's why they put for each language a special server.
  4. Gratitude!
    Sajad!!

5. Vojvoda ,

These are not really arguments for dissagreeing cause I dont think this server will be buggy there's no reason for it. And if aminiel create server with all languages this server will not have this rule for languages.

6. dalimidvecimidvenedali,

It will be mess, but it could be solution...

7. each-and-everythinh ,

it does sound interesting but if we would have let's say 200 people connected and 9 free tables every table in a different language , it could be strange. And also how could you have moderation there , we would need lots of admins as there are many users of this platform from all over the world.

8. basket,

the last poster makes a good point. It would be incredibly difficult to manage from an administrative point of view, and is simply logistically not practical.

8 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post