uno suggestion for bots

12 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. fire-starter,

Hi people arround,
i was playing with bots, and thought that it would be awesome that we could change the speed of the bots.
so, can this be added?

kind regards
marro

2. each-and-everythinh ,

yeah bots can be quite slow and it's not just in uno , it's in all games examples where it is really bad are shut the boxes , monopoly , farkle etc ... so yeah , it would be nice if the speed of the bots could be a bit increased

3. fire-starter,

yep, indeed

4. MuhammadHajjar,

Or an adjustable difficulty will be cool.

5. YNWA,

To be able to set a speed for bots would be difficult, it would be the same if you wanted to select a level for bots in other games. The only option is to have 3 levels and you select the one that best suits you!

6. fire-starter,

oh, that is sad.

kind regards
marro

7. helleon,

guess we gotta also bear in mind that newbies to the place probably wanna take it slow when practising with bots

8. Vojvoda ,

There could be levels. For example easy, normal and hard.

9. Sajad-Aliraqi,

This post make sense.
But I'm wondering, how is the situation with Farkle if an adjustable difficulty feature added?
Do you mean only for Uno an adjustable difficulty? Or for all games.
Regards

10. Exink,

I think this might be possible because when bots play, it looks like there were a specific delay among every action they do. For example in uno, the delay time they use to play is not more than 4 seconds, that's why the smallest time limit does not work with them. So a difficulty level may imply to change slightly this delay time in order to gain more speed in the bots. I'm not a developer or something, but this is what I've seen when playing with bots.

Best regards.

11. Riad,

Farkle can't be considered among the games for sure, since it's a game of luck. The game we're talking about is Uno, in which the bots really don't make sense when they play, and I wander why their speed varries. For example I was today playing with a bot, and in the same second in which the round started, it played a wild draw 4. Bots sometimes, some rare times, intercept quite well, and I've seen that more then a time, but in 95% of the cases, they're so slow that you can defeat one with 0 as your score so easily :)
So I hope this can be done so that bots and humans play both at the same speed, but I didn't learn Java to see if this is practical or not.

12. MuhammadHajjar,

Oh Riad, this doesn't depend on the programing language as it's another topic, everything can be done using the programing language no matter what language is it if it's suitable for the product to be programmed by, there's no limits, and you're talking about a speed, which is very, very easy to adjust from the source. Note that Java was used for the server, not for the games. So there might be another purposes for not having the difficulty adjusting feature implemented.

12 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post